No announcement yet.

GB: LoJack Vehicle Recovery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm.. this is weird. I like to know where my stuff are in MY car. it's not like I will steal my own car. no??
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

looks like my base unit came up for renewal. they have been trying to update from analog to digital version on my car for 1 year now but its been in for mods, so I got a call today for update direct from them. I paid the renewal + extra fee and they are updating me to Alert unit, they are sending me the voucher to come and see you guys...So it paid off waiting for an extra year...so I'll see you when the coupon arrives.
      Paul U.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
        Umm.. this is weird. I like to know where my stuff are in MY car. it's not like I will steal my own car. no??
        Hm. I see where you're coming from but I doubt they will hide the system from even you.

I think they only want certified installers installing their product (not saying that you are not). I'm sure they will show you where everything is and probably even how all of it works.

The company is merely exercising quality control because just because you can install it, doesn't mean I can. If they sell it to you in parts, they have to sell it to me in parts. Then when my car is stolen and the install is defective and they can't find it, it will hurt their >90% recovery rate and company statistics which are what essentially sell the product. Don't take it personally.

As for my car.... I would have to agree with mcfly if someone stole my car I wouldn't want to see it again. Joy riders/thieves in a high performance car...? I wonder how many times the car would meet red line, how many burnouts they would have done... god forbid they figured out the boost controller.
        DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow View Post
          Hm. I see where you're coming from but I doubt they will hide the system from even you.
          The install location is only known by the installer (Ztune), and LoJack. The system is so hugely successful because it is professionally installed, requires no user maintenance, is hidden and is therefor difficult to modify, or accidentaly damage or deactivate.

The fewer people who know the install location, the harder it is for some unscrupulious individual to over-hear you tell a friend where it's installed, and then steal your car and deactivate it.

LoJack's professional installation requirements ensure that you have the most reliable theft recovery system possible, so it's to the customer's advantage! It's in your car, it's communication with LoJack is tested when it's installed, and it works!

Originally posted by Snow View Post
          As for my car.... I would have to agree with mcfly if someone stole my car I wouldn't want to see it again.
          If you could get your car back within an hour, you can get it back before much damage is done. Insurance will cover repairs, but if you have a lot of $$$ in your car, you will never get that back from insurance if the car is stollen and not recovered.

If you have a sizeable investment in your car, it's cheap insurance!
          FINAL CLEARANCE! EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!

The Best Brands. The Best Builds. The Best Service. The Best Prices.
          - 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
            That's the exact reason right there...that 10% that don't get recovered they usually find out to be where someone somehow overheard where the unit was and removed it.

the whole idea with the system is that it is hidden inside the car, if you don't know where it is you can't tell someone who will tell someone else and alas will somehow get to the wrong person and if they end up stealing your car they will have a better chance of getting away with it.

For me, I could care less where it is in my car, as long as my car gets recovered before any damage is done then it has done it's job whether i know where it is or not.

Comment

Working...
            X