Driftworks Suspension Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
    don't misquote me plz, i've never said anything about other DW parts than the HICAS cancel

i also had Haig from autoworx checout the bracket, which he confirmed was crooked, but was now fine du to my modifications
    he installed the other kit i had ordered on my friend's 300zx and found no issue with that one
    I read somewhere in your threads in regards to not tightning the FUCAS tightly but put extra nuts. Sorry if it sounds as if I misquoted you; I did not intend to do that. My goal wasn't to say "haha I could do it and Franc couldn't", but rather to point out that you just had a rare problem which did not happen to all products sold.

Comment

• actually, what i said was, when Archaeic Bloke installed his AMS FUCA (same design as DW) he first "overtightened" the nuts, then found the FUCAs would make clunking noises, then used loctite and torqued them less

i asked Haig about it, and he told me the same (he sells the sme FUCAs from another brand), because the bearings on those FUCAs can't take axial load, and told me to use the "double nut" method and only hand tighten the first nut, to avoid any problems, with my KTS FUCAs (again, same design)
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
        actually, what i said was, when Archaeic Bloke installed his AMS FUCA (same design as DW) he first "overtightened" the nuts, then found the FUCAs would make clunking noises, then used loctite and torqued them less

i asked Haig about it, and he told me the same (he sells the sme FUCAs from another brand), because the bearings on those FUCAs can't take axial load, and told me to use the "double nut" method and only hand tighten the first nut, to avoid any problems, with my KTS FUCAs (again, same design)
        Ah perfect, so did you do so for both bolts (bearings) I'm guessing?

I haven't had any problems with the clunking yet, but if I do, I'll follow what you said.

Cheers

Comment

• Thanks for the update Mike! Good to hear you like the product. I have been very impressed with the fitment on everything we have here. Ben will be installing the FULL kit this November including the lower arms on his GTR. We will be doing a little picture, detailed writeup on it. In the mean time if anyone would like to order Driftworks feel free to email me, call me or PM me as we have everything in stock for 10% more than the GB guys bought it for.

Luckily we have the hoist which makes that sooo much easier lol But on another note, we are looking to do a Whiteline Suspension Components Group Buy for sway bars and end links!

Hopefully we can have that up in the next day or so.

Regards,

Braden @ JNS
          Last edited by JNS Performance; 09-09-2010, 06:29 PM.
          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
          1969 Cooper S. Restored
          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

• sway bar group buy,do it !
            My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

• call perry auto in laval, they distribute Whiteline, cheaper, no overseas shipping cost, and you'll have it much quicker, thats what i'm rolling with
              Last edited by frankiman; 09-09-2010, 10:06 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• White line bars are smaller and are twice as heavier (since they are not hollow) as cusco for example.

The upside is that whiteline is cheaper and adjustable.

Do your research

Also, sway bars need to be selected carefully if you already have stiff suspension.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

• whiteline bars are the same size as stock (for the bnr32) but solid instead of hollow, which makes them much stiffer but also much heavier yes, but they are also adjustable and 1/2 the price of Cusco's

i've done my research... heh

stiffer swaybars are an enormous advantage when coupled with soft springs (but still stiffer than oem) which i have,
                  sigpic

Comment

• Actually the factory bars are 20 and 25.4mm according to the service manual, and Whiteline has 22 and 24mm listed for the BNR32. And I wouldn't say being solid makes them "much" stiffer. When you twist a swaybar it goes through the same angular distortion on the outside surface as it does close to the very center, but the majority of the strain on the bar is on the outside, and decreases and you go towards the center. The fact that Whitelines bars are solid likely contributes very little to the stiffness, and greatly to weight.

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                    whiteline bars are the same size as stock (for the bnr32) but solid instead of hollow, which makes them much stiffer but also much heavier yes, but they are also adjustable and 1/2 the price of Cusco's

i've done my research... heh

stiffer swaybars are an enormous advantage when coupled with soft springs (but still stiffer than oem) which i have,
                    Last edited by Velders; 09-09-2010, 11:29 PM.
                    Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                    Next question is: should I stroke it??
                    Originally posted by Wingnut
                    Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braden @ JNS Imports View Post
                      Luckily we have the hoist which makes that sooo much easier lol But on another note, we are looking to do a Whiteline Suspension Components Group Buy for sway bars and end links!

YES!!!!

I've dealt with JNS twice now and all the parts I've gotten from you are/have been staying for a long time.

Comment

• Velders ftw! Light bars FTW!
                        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                        lol

Comment

• Haha to bad I'm to poor for any of them right now. FTL...
                          Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                          Next question is: should I stroke it??
                          Originally posted by Wingnut
                          Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

• DW R32 GTR Arm Set Group Buy

Is the group buy still available for the DW stuff? I was looking to buy the R32 GTR arm set (hicas eliminator, rear upper, traction, tension, and front upper). All the websites I have been to have a VAT%(tax?) at the time of check out making the price sky rocket. If it is still available, how much will it cost total, shipped to Gulfport, MS - USA (39503)?

Comment

Working...
                            X