No announcement yet.

Gb-Stoptech brake kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to jump on this. I'm very interested in running their Trophy Series but a couple of vendor websites say that they only have R32 kits. Anyone know if the R32 kits fit on a R34??

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
    At $2000 or so for a pair (front or rear, if I recall pricing right), they're usually pretty good. I wouldn't say they're beast like Project Mu or Endless but they won't brake fade as much as factory. Braking distance won't change much but they look real nice!
    How is Project Mu and Endless beast over StopTech? Please share your definitive data.
    Last edited by Bigalow; 02-08-2012, 11:40 PM.

Comment

You can do the trophy kit out of any kit. You can even get a 380mm 6 piston trophy kit for a r34 if you want. I will look into pricing.

Comment

14" rotors are fine for me since I run 18" wheels. I see what you're saying, I could combine different StopTech bits and create a kit.

I'm mainly concerned about the BBK brackets. I don't think they manufacture any that I can use.

BTW, this is the trophy series I'm interested in:

Patented StopTech® AeroRotors® for optimized airflow

Patented, billet 7075 aluminum AeroHats® to further increase airflow

Forged StopTech® STR calipers with patented bolt-in bridge for ultimate stiffness

StopTech® stainless steel brake lines

Race engineered caliper brackets

Hard-anodized finish on calipers and hats that resists fading and discoloration

Comment

Im saying that stoptech builds bbk's for r34gtrs and you can upgrade any kit into a trophy kit. Just check out their website, find the r34 kit you want, and I well get you the price for the trophy version and the regular version.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Dude View Post
            Im saying that stoptech builds bbk's for r34gtrs and you can upgrade any kit into a trophy kit. Just check out their website, find the r34 kit you want, and I well get you the price for the trophy version and the regular version.
            Right. I understood what you said. I'll look around some more and PM you, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigalow View Post
              I would love to jump on this. I'm very interested in running their Trophy Series but a couple of vendor websites say that they only have R32 kits. Anyone know if the R32 kits fit on a R34??

How is Project Mu and Endless beast over StopTech? Please share your definitive data.
              I'm pretty clueless and don't know what I'm talking about. Disregard what I said there.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

Super Dude,

How's the group buy going for this? Believe it or not but shortly after researching the StopTech, I decided to sell my R34. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in buying it but I won't upgrade the brakes.

Comment

I've been really busy and haven't really gone anywhere with the gb. There isn't much interest so I think I'm on my own.

Comment

Super_Dude,

You got my PM so let me know what you wanna do.

Comment

Sorry to bring back an old thread. Did you end up getting the Stoptech kit? If so how do you like it?

AP Racing kit seems to be in the similar price range but you get a 6 piston caliper instead and a slightly bigger rotors at 14.25".

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...&model=SKYLINE

Comment

Dude never got them. IIRC, it was lack of interest in the group buy.

Comment

Yep, Car is on the back burner right now anyway so haven't got around to ordering.

Before you go and assume that 6 pot is better than 4 or that just because a rotor is .25" larger it will work better, you should a little research and check it out.

pots generally better for more even pad wear and usually run larger pads to help them last longer. In general 4 piston calipers are much stiffer (for better pedal feel and modulation) and lighter.

And even though the AP kit rotors are slightly larger you should have a look at replacement costs and how well the rotors work. A lot of people who drive there GTR's hard have had issues with AP rotors cracking. Stoptech rotors seem to work better on heavier cars like a GTR. There is a rotor from performance friction that replaces the ap rotor and perform much better.

Comment

Pm me for a bbk for R32 GTR
                            Thanks

Comment

Stoptech brake kit

I bought a Stopteck BBK a few summers ago, I "can" say cause I do own one lol that go big or go home! these things rock! My stock brakes scared me. Its an adrenaline rush to go fast but when you cant stop the rush does not end there!

I have never felt this sort of controlled stop in my life and hands down one of the funnest mods I have done! I can not speak for anything else for these are the baddest brakes I have ever had on any of my cars.

Comment

I like!

For the rear ,is it compatible with the stock ebrake or does it need a hydraulic input ?

Comment

Working...
                                X