GB Feeler. Dry Sump Kit for RB engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB Feeler. Dry Sump Kit for RB engine

I am trying to organize a group buy on the dry sump kit I put together. Please check http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/49727-project-dry-sump.html for details of the kit.

The kit will contain the following parts.
    1 x 4 stage Aviaid Series 2 pump
    1 x Custom CNC aluminum Mounting Bracket (It mounts the pump to the stock AC compressor location)
    1 x Custom Mandrel for ATi damper.
    1 x HTD Crank Drive Pulley
    1 x HTD Pump Drive Pulley
    1 x HTD Belt
    (This kit is not a complete dry sump kit. You still need a dry sump pan, an oil tank, an oil filter adapter and lines. However, it does take away the guess work you have to do if you try to piece together your own dry sump set up.)

The price will be somewhere around $2300 shipped from Calgary. I will have more accurate pricing once I know how many kits need to be ordered. I will need a deposit of (50%) from committed buyers.

I need at least 3 kits to go ahead with this group buy.

Please PM me your contact information or reply this thread if you are interested.

This group buy will end by the end of March. At that time, I will contact you for exact pricing and your deposit. (You can back out at that time, no question will be asked. The deposit is fully refundable before I place my order.) I hope to ship everything out of my door by the end of April.

Update: April 25th 2012
    At this time, since no one expressed any interest, I will leave everything open. We can go ahead as long as we have some committed people.

I currently have one kit at Calgary for sale.
    PM me if you want to get it. Here is a picture of it.
    Last edited by xcye; 11-06-2012, 01:06 AM.

No one is interested? I appreciate if you can give me some feedback, as long as you are interested in a dry sump set up for your car.
    Thanks!

Comment

i be interested.. but not right now.. maybe during the winter. make it a winter project.. $ is not here for just a dry sump.. i keep ya in mind.

Comment

Is this for next year? And will it work on a 20/25 or just for 26?
        I love Skylines! My jackstands never get stolen...

Comment

Originally posted by 1989blackskylinegtr View Post
          i be interested.. but not right now.. maybe during the winter. make it a winter project.. $ is not here for just a dry sump.. i keep ya in mind.
          That's is good to know. Thanks!

Originally posted by knate View Post
          Is this for next year? And will it work on a 20/25 or just for 26?
          I do not see a problem with it working on 20/25, although I did not actually test it on 20 or 25.

Comment

Hi

Wil you mail me som pic. and date of the dry sump kit
            Need one for me drift car.

muusmannbyg@hotmail.com

Thanks
            Benjamin

Comment

What kind of assurance do we have that this backyard kit is as safe as any other that comes from a quality known company?
              Which ATI damper is the custom mandrel for? There are 2 different makes.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

Hi, NismoS-Tune:
                I have spent a lot time and money to develop such a kit, thinking it may help our fellow GTRC members to dry sump their RB engines at an affordable price. I'd really appreciate that people respect the fact that a lot hard work has been put into it. I do not think "This backyard kit" is a very kind word at all. In fact, it is more like an insult to my work. If you really think it is not a quality kit, please let me know how it is inferior to any of those products from your quality companies. I really like to know so I can improve it accordingly.

As part of testing, I have been using it for 1 year and half now and in -35C degree temperature days. I am not sure if any of your so called "quality" companies did any of those -35C testings or not.

For you question, the mandrel should work on both ATi dampers. But, I only tested it with the 1000hp damper as I do not recommend the 600hp version at all.
                Last edited by xcye; 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Ah sorry didn't mean backyard as an insult. Maybe I shoulda said home made. I'm not saying it's inferior either just curious to know if it's the some QAQC went to or not it is all. When I buy something from a top end shop, like Hi octane maybe, I know I'm getting a worry free product mostly because they have had great success with feeback. No insult, just trying to see if saving a few hundred will still be safe for a $5-15k engine, that's all.

I'm interested but because I just lined up for a new dogbox, I have to study hard and sell my current setup lol

Tomei Oil pump, Rips oil pan. Anyone welcome to help me get a drysump haha.
                  Last edited by NismoS-tune; 09-05-2012, 08:08 PM.
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

The kit has been used on my own GT-R for a year and half under variety of conditions. It performs perfectly. Major components are made by Aviaid and Peterson (But sized and configured according to my specification).

BTW, you do not just save a few hundred dollars, but a few thousands.
                    Last edited by xcye; 09-06-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

For what it's worth, the Hi Octane kit I paid top dollar for appears to be a bucket of parts or a 'back yard kit'.
                      The kinds of questions I'd ask are:
                      - What brand and model pump are utlized?
                      - What hoses and fixtures will I need to fabricate or supply myself?
                      - What is the size and recommended mounting location for the reservoir?
                      - What guidance is provided for line routing and component mounting?
                      - What fail-safe systems are recommended to protect against drive belt failure? (More of a support issue than kit contents, but it matters.)
                      - What oil return mods are required to avoid oil pooling in the head?
                      Dan
                      sigpic
                      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Dan: I had studied the Hi-Octane kit, while I was building mine. If I knew you were getting one, I would have shared my findings about it. Anyway, here are some answers to your questions.

- What brand and model pump are utlized?
                        Aviaid Series 2 Dry Sump Pump (Size, and stages is your choice. I can give you some suggestions depending on how your engine is built. Or you can use my specification if bearing clearance is close to stock)

- What hoses and fixtures will I need to fabricate or supply myself?
                        The kit does not include any hoses or fixture except for the pump.

- What is the size and recommended mounting location for the reservoir?
                        I recommend 2.5 -3.5 Quater sprint car sytle oil tanks from Peterson. For simplicity, place it where the stock battery is. Yes, you need modify the cold pipe and relocate your BOV.

- What guidance is provided for line routing and component mounting?
                        Just phone me, I am in Canada.

- What fail-safe systems are recommended to protect against drive belt failure? (More of a support issue than kit contents, but it matters.)
                        You can plumb in an Accusump or an e-pump with check valves. I just check my belt regularly to make sure it is in good condition and have right tension. I also recommend to plumb in a oil pressure switch and program your ECU to retard timing significantly (so you will feel something is wrong) when it is switched on. (Do not program your ECU to shut off the engine, that is too dangerous).

- What oil return mods are required to avoid oil pooling in the head?
                        With dry sump, it is much less of a concern, since the vacuum (or suction) created by the pump at the sump will bring down the oil much quicker. But, you can always scavenge the head directly if you think that is a problem for you.
                        Last edited by xcye; 09-07-2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Cool. I'll keep it in mind. For the time, I'm stuck with the meh tomei pump and 12L oil capacity :S

If I can convince the wife of the worthy upgrade (though she's raking my a$$ about the dogbox) I'm game this winter.
                          Last edited by NismoS-tune; 09-07-2012, 01:05 AM.
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

There is one thing that I can say. It will out-perform any existing wet sump set up.

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                            Cool. I'll keep it in mind. For the time, I'm stuck with the meh tomei pump and 12L oil capacity :S

If I can convince the wife of the worthy upgrade (though she's raking my a$$ about the dogbox) I'm game this winter.

Comment

I'm sure it will, but I have many oopsie parts in my garage that won't sell cause most people are on budgets so another $2500 of stored parts isn't helping me.

Any pictures of the mounting location? Had to delete my AC for the new setup cause it was too longso if that's the location then it's makes for an easy decision

Edit: how much pressure is your kit pushing and what flow? My current setup is around 8 bar warm (wot) in example. Also, wha kind of capacity can you get with the reservoir up front? I'm not sure if more is really better for heat/life but I know the oil changes are good for a while at 12L.

Are you running a sealed engine? (plugged cam cover breathers, no posi crank case ventilation)? How much vacuum are you running with that drysump (this is set up externally to the dry sump, a dry sump alone doesn't make it better if it's not "tuned" perfectly so to speak). If you are using vacuum, are you using Teflon lined hoses (no possibility of the regular SS rubber hoses collapsing)

You recommend peterson (supposedly some of the best parts of its kind) for the tank, is there a reason you didn't go with their pump also (which has a unique design I hear?). Their beastly R4 pump runs around $1500 for street price.

So after The pump and bracket is picked up there's still another $3-5k worth of hose, fittings, breather tank, manifold, oil pan mods and valves? Just going by the other forums are saying about dry sumps.
                              Last edited by NismoS-tune; 09-07-2012, 01:56 PM.
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X