Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEELER: TS2BD discs-center-pressure plate

Hey,

I'm planning on rebuilding my giken twin plate this winter (parts have already arrived)... I'm wondering if someone who has a TS2BD clutch that would need to get rebuilt (i know its a common clutch) would be interested in some used discs, center and pressure plate!? very good condition, theres still meat on the discs (about 3mm)... I can re-measure them for more precision... The pics will come too

Thanks!
    My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

aww you're a little late i just sold my setup and bought something else =[. If you have a price in mind can you pm to me? I'm kinda curious, unforunately as i've sold mine i'm not actually interested in purchasing. I just wanna see if i missed out on something

Comment

Here are the pics:

There's more meat left than I thought... Considering that 4mm would be almost brand new I will be asking 325$+shipping

This kit's worth around 800$ on RHDJAPAN...

I used these discs in my clutch last summer and it kept biting and pulling hard, no slip!
      Last edited by Fred-R; 02-17-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Just from my own experience the color and width of material looks like they are from ts2CD kit and not a BD! Just a friendly advice remeasure the diameter of the discs! I might be wrong but they def look like they are from CD kit!
        Last edited by tryingtobebest; 02-19-2014, 02:59 AM.
        TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

#%$#@%?#$%?& F*CK!! your damn right man... they're 215mm... Now i'm wondering, except for the difference between discs diameter and that the 'CD is slightly more expensive, what's the difference between TS2BD and TS2CD? I've read that the 'CD can take a little more HP abuse... is it true?

As I already received a TS2BD overhaul kit, can I use it with my TS2CD clutch cover and flywheel? or would it be stupid?

And yep, I can measure more on the outter part of the disc...
          Last edited by Fred-R; 02-18-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Wow .. Good eye tryingtobebest ..

Comment

Bd and cd only indicates size.
              Ts - model, I believe touring series
              # - amount of discs, 2 = twin plate
              A-c - size, b is 204 mm I think, approx 8"
              D - damper springs on the discs, makes for less jerky grab for the transmission

And as is diameter size, I imagine the 2b set would fit in your clutch and the splines from the transmission would keep tem in place so it would work, but I can't see it working well, the pressure plates would be able to spin freely as they wouldn't fit in the slots on your cage :/.
              4mm is new why are you rebuilding with a nearly new kit in hand?
              Last edited by rvander1992; 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

soo, if a bigger discs diameter isn't an ''advantage'', why does OS giken build them? In other words, why would people buy a 215mm discs clutch over a 204mm?

i thought of rebuilding the clutch because, at first, my mecanic and I measured the discs with an analog (mecanical) caliper, not very accurate... and it read more like a bit under 3mm.. As I'm refreshing my engine (new gaskets/seals everywhere, silicone hoses, nismo engine mounts, etc etc... I wanted peace of mind and go with a ''new'' clutch too... Since my engine has been built, I've had several oil leak issues due to the lame job my previous mecanic have done to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred-R View Post
                  soo, if a bigger discs diameter isn't an ''advantage'', why does OS giken build them? In other words, why would people buy a 215mm discs clutch over a 204mm?

i thought of rebuilding the clutch because, at first, my mecanic and I measured the discs with an analog (mecanical) caliper, not very accurate... and it read more like a bit under 3mm.. As I'm refreshing my engine (new gaskets/seals everywhere, silicone hoses, nismo engine mounts, etc etc... I wanted peace of mind and go with a ''new'' clutch too... Since my engine has been built, I've had several oil leak issues due to the lame job my previous mecanic have done to it...
                  Bigger clutch diameter is an advantage as it has more grabbing surface and therefore can handle more hp/torque. The reason i say ts2bd won't work in your ts2cd cage is because on the 2bd(and i assume the same for cd) the pressure plates have notches on em that fit in grooves on the cage that hold them from spinning free. Thats what provides your grab, otherwise they would just spin round and round in the cage.

Your clutch is at around 75% life if what i read about 4mm being a new disc and 2mm being a dead disc. Feel free to get a new kit but i wouldn't advise using a ts2bd kit in a ts2cd cage & clutch cover.

Comment

Ok her is what i think bout it:

CD vs BD is like different gears on the Bicycle multi speed system, where if you have "lower" gear it is easier to "turn" because of the bigger diameter, the difference here is you just don't loose speed!

I have both of this clutches in the garage and very recently was playing around with them, you CANNOT use BD discs and plates in CD, I mean they are very different, i mean you can put it together but will end up breaking stuff. Plates will be very loose, but im pretty sure diaphragm will align with pressure plate

And if you ask me about the rule of thumb on the thickness i would say:
                    4mm-brand new
                    3mm-worn
                    TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

ok, thanks! and now, about the thickness, i've read that 4mm is new, but 2mm would be worn, as theres 1mm on each side of the metal part of the discs. At 2mm, it would be metal on metal...

Comment

2 mm is totally worn out, nobody should install with 10, 25, 40%.
                        Any less than 50 is basically considered worn out, 3.5 is about 50 % left, which is pretty decent

Comment

Would 3.5 not be 75%? 4-2 is 2, 4-3.5 is .5 is 1/4 of 2, so 75% remaining?

Comment

yep, it would be around 75% !

Comment

Not if 3 mm is considered worn out, I'd say 50

Comment

Working...
                              X