Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drool.... - JDM Marketplace Parts (Yahoo Auction, Rakuten, UpGarage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drool.... - JDM Marketplace Parts (Yahoo Auction, Rakuten, UpGarage)

Hi All,

I'm trying to gauge interest in getting some sort of cooperative together to try and get some JDM parts shipped to North America. I've been building up my Skyline gradually, and it has just been crazy expensive to get stuff as an individual. I'd like to try and save some money by being able to combine shipping with other people. To gauge interest in this, I'm posting some links to navigate the auction sites.

I know there have been a couple of other services that offer something similar, like Feast Auto, jessestreeter. Both have good reputations. But I'm looking to see if we can coordinate shipments amongst ourselves better at lower cost. If you are in a hurry I'd recommend going to them directly as they can coordinate air shipments rather easily.

People I would try to work with are those not necessarily in a rush for the parts (thus could save a ton on consolidated shipping via sea or in larger air shipments). This is basically the group buy concept, but for Japan Auction parts.

I preconfigured these links to look for Skyline GTR R32, R33, and R34 parts so all you should need to do is link the and you'll see what's available on each site. I use Chrome to translate, and have pretty good success with it. Any suggestions, please reply!

Yahoo Auctions - Overall, this is the best site for deals and selection. If you make up an account, you can set up alerts and customized searches.
    YAHOO (BNR32 search)

YAHOO (BNR33 Search)

YAHOO (BNR34 Search)

Rakuten - Another Auction site, but doesn't have as much as Yahoo
    Rakuten (BNR32)

Rakuten (BNR33)

Rakuten (BNR34)

UPGarage - This is a Brick and Mortar tuner shop that has franchises throughout Japan, that does a lot of used parts sales. People can come in and drop off parts get store credit, buy new stuff, etc. They have a decent selection, and are pretty good about verifying that parts are in good working order or they wouldn't list them. Tends to be a bit more expensive, but they also have a good selection
    UP Garage (BNR32)

UP Garage (BNR33)

UP Garage (BNR34)

If anyone has any suggestions about accessing the JDM market from North America, please let me know!

GTR-Garage does this. They have an excellent shipping system that is VERY quick (depending on the size of the part), they have a Yahoo Auctions Tab with several search points already available and they have a rep in Indiana.

I've been dealing with him for a few years now and I've been VERY pleased.

Comment

Bobbo, thanks for the reference! Yeah, this is kinda like what I wanted to set up. Maybe there's a way to work together on this.

Really appreciate the feedback, keep it coming!

Comment

ヤフオク!は、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るヤフオク!で、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Someone buy for me lol, 100$ plus shipping here couldn't be that horrible =\

Comment

adam@feast auto can source anything you want off yahoo auctions for a small fee.

Comment

Originally posted by cooke24 View Post
            adam@feast auto can source anything you want off yahoo auctions for a small fee.
            excellent service and stand up guy! prices and fees are totally reasonable too.

Comment

Yes for sure, help out alot of guys daily

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
              For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

I order off Yahoo Auctions all the time as I have a friend in Tokyo. I just send the stuff to him.

Comment

@Matvei27 - Did your friend hook you up with a yahoo japan premium account? I'm trying to figure out to get the payments figured out because the site has given me problems with taking a US credit card and I can't find a place that will allow a foreigner to open a Japanese bank account online.

Thanks!

Comment

He has a premium account. Yahoo won't take US cards, so I make him buy the **** and I pay him.

Comment

Anyone have an idea on whether parts are cheaper in Australia or not? A friend of mine is moving there and mentioned to me that he may be able to ship some things over. And if it's successful, he'd be willing to go straight to Japan.

Comment

As with most things, "it depends." There is a more sizable skyline market there. So you can find a good amount of surplus parts from wrecking/recycling shops. There are parts made in Australia, like ppg, white line that may be cheaper, but shipping from Australia to North America I've found is still a little more expensive than than from Japan.

Comment

Hey people, sorry for bumping an ol thread, wondering if anyone found any new people who export parts from Japan, apparently ADAM who helped me a few times and who i was waiting for for almost a ONE year for one particular part turn around on me and said that he NO LONGER export parts, this is sucks because ive waited for long time and good price!!!
                          Now GTRGarage ive send few emails without a single response!(((
                          TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

I just started contacting shops in japan. Theyre english seems pretty good.
                            Just recently dealt with KTS for an ogura clutch.
                            Im gonna try yahoo.aleado next for yahoo parts.
                            Last edited by beacher1B0; 06-15-2016, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X