Feeler: gt42 bb turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: gt42 bb turbo

I am wondering what a brand new one of these would cost and looking to see if anyone is a full race dealer on here. Anyways please let me know as I might be tackling a special project soon
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

full race has his own account on here! throw him a pm. i talked to him a few months back
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

I will talk to him, I can't believe I didn't know that. But need to find out what I could get a gt42 for. I need to start figuring this stuff out and fast as I plan to make some serious moves

Comment

im gna ball park around 2k lol give or take a few hundred

Comment

So 4 k for the setup... Not bad! I can deal with that. Hey Jon what did you do for fuel setup? What did that run you man? I'm lookin for some high hp numbers

Comment

Drop in Bosch 044 with an external pump/surge tank will be plenty. I have seen some pretty intense fuel set ups on here tho
            R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
            Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

This will be in a daily and I plan to hit well over 700awhp so I don't intend to really clutter **** up in the trunk but will put in what is needed. I would like to see what is available and then launch things from there. I hope to had this done by winter time

Comment

^glhf (good luck, have fun) with that my car has 550awhp and if I had to daily that thing I'd kill myself. Asian cars with that much power are 0 fun to drive anywhere but on a track not to mention you'll be filling it up every week.

If you listen to any piece of advice ever, do not think you can happily daily a car with "well over 700awp" you will go broke and you will probably kill yourself on anything but dry pavement. You will need a second ride.
                /endrant

Now to actually help you out. For fuel I'd recommend any surge tank really. I even left my OEM pump in the tank, with my twin fed surge tank. Just get a big pot and you'll be fine. But I assume that you're pulling out all the stops so may as well get a good in tank too
                Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

yea exactly chris. im running a swirl pot fed by the stock gtr pump with a aeromotive a1000 and ss braided lines to a tomei 11mm rail and precision 1000cc injectors. cost me all in all around 1k. if i didnt get a deal on the system i may of just ran a powerhouse racing top hat with twin 044s in tank if you wana keep your trunk pretty. your stock fuel lines are going to **** out on you and not flow enough fuel past about 600whp....

Comment

I completely understand that this will be a pin in the ass to daily on a regular basis so I will have another car for regular activities, thinking along the lines of a truck so I can take this thing to the track. It be a shame to have a Gtr just to have it for track use though. I'm still contemplating this as I would have to spend another 30k on what I already have to make this a go. Not really all that bad but definitely need to think of my options. Could you go 600awhp and still be somewhat ok for a daily?

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                      I completely understand that this will be a pin in the ass to daily on a regular basis so I will have another car for regular activities, thinking along the lines of a truck so I can take this thing to the track. It be a shame to have a Gtr just to have it for track use though. I'm still contemplating this as I would have to spend another 30k on what I already have to make this a go. Not really all that bad but definitely need to think of my options. Could you go 600awhp and still be somewhat ok for a daily?
                      Very good call mate! And just to clarify, when I say 'daily' I mean year round driver that you have no other option but to drive.

Preformance car with any more thn 400WHP will not winter drive period (I understand there are M3's Porsche's Mercedes etc... but these are luxury vehicles design for year round). There will be nothing that can be done to a car with that power to have it anywhere near safe to winter drive. Plus with that kind of cash invested into it, I wouldn't trust the other winter drivers around you either.

If you do have another option for a winter vehicle (which it seems you do), The only limitation on how much power you can DD in the summer is your own patience. At those power levels you'll be running a triple plate clutch for sure and if you've ever had the experience of driving a triple plate HP monster in traffic you will neverevereverever do it again. I've pulled off the road and let traffic disperse before... that is how bad it is.
                      Now, I have another vehicle to drive so I have options, if i didn't have a choice I'm sure I could stop my crying and do it. I only say this cause my commute can stretch a better part of an hour both ways and it gets old quick in a hard, noisy, jumpy ride. But it really is different from driving a 'fast car' when you hit these kind of numbers. And because we build them to go really fast, they start to drive shitty going really slowly lol

I do daily my car in the summer once school is over (that's my hour+ commute). I just avoid traffic like its the black plauge. Now minor traffic is a non-issue, I'm talking like rush hour morning work drive level stuff.

Now despite my crying, I do love my car more than any car I've ever had. It is an absolute blast to drive when I'm going for a cruise or for some small errands, but to drive it in a daily hour + commute is no fun.
                      Last edited by hozer; 08-10-2011, 10:21 AM.
                      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

If I'm going to do this I will have a daily for many reasons.... Mainly for the fact that I'm tired of walking as the past 3 years I have dumped all my money into my cars and have sacrificed driving so I could build some beasts. But now the time has come where I want one monster and maybe a civic that's cheap to maintain, reliable and simply cheap all around mind you I'll get one with a Gsr motor or something like that so it still has some pep.

I have driven a triple plate clutch and it's not that bad, alot of patience is needed though because of people that are retarded. But this car will only be summer driven as I don't think I could ever winter drive such a beautiful car. But I think if I hit 700-1000hp it would be alright. I won't drive it on a regular basis but I will do some track days, and that's for sure!

Comment

Good Luck with that, I enjoy 622AWHP only when I need a rush, not as a daily hehehe. Its too aggressive compared to factory cars that make 500+HP. I'm kinda fiending a domestic with power as they are so much easier to drive.

Comment

I think you guys are taking it the wrong way... If/when I build this car it is going to be a daily/tack car. I doubt I will have it out all the time but I could see me driving it a couple times a week. Payin a **** ton for gas and stuff like that is fine mayb once or twice a week, this is the entire point of having another car. I just want to build a monster and be able to enjoy it when it's done

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                              I think you guys are taking it the wrong way... If/when I build this car it is going to be a daily/tack car. I doubt I will have it out all the time but I could see me driving it a couple times a week. Payin a **** ton for gas and stuff like that is fine mayb once or twice a week, this is the entire point of having another car. I just want to build a monster and be able to enjoy it when it's done
                              Yeah the post before this one I got your point, which I did indeed miss entirely the first time. Anyways... good luck with your build man!

Comment

Working...
                              X