WTB N1 Piston or 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB N1 Piston or 2

Hi im interested in ONE or TWO N1, U24 piston/s with rings and pin/s. Usually people blow one or two pistons and replace them with aftermarket ones. This are similar to 05U so im not looking to pay DEALER price for them. Need them for some investigation.

Also im NOT interested in stock 05U ones.
    TTBB is a true ACN member

mhm i didnt know there was any difference from 05U-24U
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Weren't the N1's slightly larger than the normal pistons? I was also under the impression that the N1's are also stronger and have forged parts.
      I may be way off base here, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Voodoo_ChildR32; 11-15-2012, 09:58 PM.
      1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
      -Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo_ChildR32 View Post
        Weren't the N1's slightly larger than the normal pistons? I was also under the impression that the N1's are also stronger and have forged parts.
        I may be way off base here, lol.

The RB26DETT N1 is a modified version of the RB26DETT engine, developed by Nismo (Nissan Motorsports) for Group A and Group N motorsport. Nismo found that the standard RB26DETT engine required too much maintenance for use in a Group-A or Group-N race car and subsequently designed the N1 block. This was first used in Bathurst Australia. Nismo balanced the crankshaft to a higher specification than stock, as the RB26DETT engine experiences vibrations between 7000 and 8000 rpm. The engine also received improved water and oil channels within the engine block. The pistons and top piston rings were also upgraded to 1.2 mm. The N1 engine also has upgraded camshafts and upgraded turbochargers.

Interesting! but definitely not forged. its not a 2j
        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Lol, ok. I remember reading that somewhere a while ago. Wasn't there a mod way back in the day to put 2j pistons in an RB block?
          Not trying to thread jack OP.

Last edited by Voodoo_ChildR32; 11-15-2012, 10:15 PM.
          1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
          -Bruce Lee

Comment

No, no problem lets discuss stuff in the WTB section, lol. I never heard about 2JZ piston in RB, gotta check into it!
            If you guys interested i would gladly post some pics of them side by side for both of them, but the only noticible things, besided 24U and U05 on top are: Different naming inside, fatter gap between 1 and 2 ring and different color, which make me thing that they could be made from different materials.

Comment

Anybody blow up an N1 engine yet?!)

Comment

Why not get a set of cp pistons. You can get them as cheap as $500 and are forged.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

I know a bit about the 1jz/2jz because i WAS going to swap into my nissan but rule book says i cannot unless i want to run in a class higher then what i can handle (s13's with full blown ls1 race motors LOL)

the 2jz uses 86mm bore piston pin height is 37mm i believe or 32mm and piston pin dia is 21mm or 22m

Comment

Originally posted by DatsunZ31 View Post
                    I know a bit about the 1jz/2jz because i WAS going to swap into my nissan but rule book says i cannot unless i want to run in a class higher then what i can handle (s13's with full blown ls1 race motors LOL)

the 2jz uses 86mm bore piston pin height is 37mm i believe or 32mm and piston pin dia is 21mm or 22m
                    RB26 has oil sprayers from the lower block area towards bottom of the pistons! And pistons should have special notches cut in the bottom of the skirt! If you cut something like that from different pistons then you should play with weight and mass distribution etc.

Im doing a really cheap build for future spare motor with stock rods, ACL bearing, MLS HG with ARP Headstuds and R34 turbos which will not push more than 13-14 psi!

Comment

I would like to know the out come I would love to do a RB24 (RB25 block with RB20 crank) and 2jz pistons. that would be one hell of a RB.

especially with the comepound HX35/HX40 (bamoto wheel) i want to do. LOL show those supra owners whats up? + reliability.

Comment

Working...
                      X