No announcement yet.

Nissan GTR sales news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if we read between the lines here, no one really knows.

Its all hype...it has been with that car for almost five years.

They pulled the similar stunts with the VW Beetle, the Mini, the Z06 etc... OEMS, dealers and speculators they all try and drive the price up. Now those cars are a dime a dozen.

There is no way there is 200 over 5 years, Ferrari sells more than that. Honestly if a market is that weak, they wouldn't sell it here. Nissan is still a business at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Tuned View Post
      So if we read between the lines here, no one really knows.

Its all hype...it has been with that car for almost five years.

They pulled the similar stunts with the VW Beetle, the Mini, the Z06 etc... OEMS, dealers and speculators they all try and drive the price up. Now those cars are a dime a dozen.

There is no way there is 200 over 5 years, Ferrari sells more than that. Honestly if a market is that weak, they wouldn't sell it here. Nissan is still a business at the end of the day.
      i was talking with the reps at the nissan booth at the autoshow. they even quoted lower. they said 150. so i guess its safe to assume that its not an accurate number.
      Devil R sponsored by:
      Tunerlab.jp and Popformance

Some people try to get attention by bashing me. Go ahead you're only giving me more publicity. <3's haters

Comment

For sure it's to catch the most people in the beginning.

if they say there will be ONLY x amount, it will justify the 10k+ premium over the Retail Price.

I believe it's all propaganda
        Marc-André
        _________
        2.2L RB20 GTS-T
        ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by klys View Post
          For sure it's to catch the most people in the beginning.

if they say there will be ONLY x amount, it will justify the 10k+ premium over the Retail Price.

I believe it's all propaganda
          Yup. If you can create inflated demand for a product, and "limit" the supply... you're able to drive prices through the roof.
          Race. Win. Live.

Comment

One of the guys on NSXPrime ordered one and posted this email he received:
            Dear Future Nissan GT-R Owner;

At Baker-Jackson Nissan, we appreciate your interest in North America's most anticipated new car introduction with the 2009 Nissan GT-R. This Supercar is a one of a kind sports car that will not be constrained to the track to be driven by only trained performance drivers. No! It is truly a Supercar that can be enjoyed by anyone, anytime anywhere!

Only 1500 GT-R's will be built in first year for the United States. While many dealers will only have 1 or 2 available, Baker-Jackson Nissan will have 15 GT-R's available. We have stepped up to the Supercar market by making the investment to become a certified Nissan GT-R dealer.

ORDER YOUR NEW GT-R NOW!

The moment you have waited for has finally arrived! Nissan has just given the green light to authorized dealers to send in customer sold orders. We will begin accepting custom orders on February 22'd from the first fifteen people who finalize a deal with a deposit. These orders will be filled before other dealer stock orders are sent.

We have set the pricing for our all new GT-R at $95,995.00 for the Premium Edition and $93,995.00 for the regular GT-R plus tax, title and license, plus any factory or dealer options that you would like on your new GT-R. This way, when you order your car, you get it the way you want it....with no surprise cost at the end.

To place your order, contact one of our General Managers: Kevin Allen - North Store or Brad Childress - South Store.

These sports cars will not be shipped like any other vehicle. The GT-R deserves special handling from the factory to your hands. Your other cost will be the destination and handling charge that Nissan has yet to announce.

YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE IN THIS DRIVER’S SEAT!

Because we know how special these cars are, you will have the option of actually being at Baker-Jackson Nissan when your new GT-R is getting pre-delivery and state inspected. At the time of delivery of your new Supercar, you will meet with your Certified Service Director and your Certified GT-R Master Technician. We want you to know them because they will be doing all the maintenance on your vehicle. Each GT-R comes with total support for the first three years of ownership.

The GT-R release is the most exciting event in Nissan history. We are committed to exceed your expectations in service, performance and satisfaction. Thank you for your interest in the new 2009 Nissan GT-R.

Respectfully,

Bruce Baker Kevin Allen Brad Childress
            General Manager General Manager
            Baker-Jackson Nissan North Baker-Jackson Nissan South
            *Please find enclosed/attached GT-R specs and order guide.

Baker-Jackson Nissan North Baker-Jackson Nissan South
            19100 Northwest Freeway 2901 South Loop West
            Houston, TX 77065 Houston, TX 77054
            Phone: 281.890.5656 Phone: 713.661.9955
            www.baker-jackson.com www.baker-jackson.com

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

I think I'll be waiting a good few years before getting mine then......$94k plus, plus, plus is a big figure to pay.
              Exclusive?.....initially yes. Great car?.....first impressions would suiggest so. Worth that kind of premium over a well sorted 32GTR?......not to me it's not.

Comment

i just talk to a guy at a kal tire shop that he has oredered on in vancouver and hes on of the ppl in the waiting list and he told me that skylines that are comin here in vancouver or mayve all around in canada will have
                gtr's that is only automatic and no manual but they have the pedal shift but
                id rather dirve stick than auto anyday but its a gtr lol

Comment

Originally posted by skylark
                  i just talk to a guy at a kal tire shop that he has oredered on in vancouver and hes on of the ppl in the waiting list and he told me that skylines that are comin here in vancouver or mayve all around in canada will have
                  gtr's that is only automatic and no manual but they have the pedal shift but
                  id rather dirve stick than auto anyday but its a gtr lol
                  then he's ignorant as ****. the "auto" is a dual clutch manual shifted by paddles.

"oh noes no clutch whatever will we do?!"

get over it, f1's don't have a clutch either.

Comment

i was really disappointed when I found out how many would be available. I also talked to a technician and he was unsure of the numbers but he did say it was a huge pain for dealers to carry these cars because as mentioned they have to shell out a lot of cash to get the proper diagnostic tools, special lift, and also have a full time 350Z courtesy car...

It might be easier to own a Z06 or a 911...Hopefully after a few years of selling out right away, they will wise up and make more available.:hit newb:
                    Fraser Valley Imports
                    Cars:
                    1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
                    1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
                    2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by benjiolis View Post
                      I was just at the Nissan dealership at the Calgary auto mall for my Fairlady
                      and i asked the guy at the parts counter and he said 500 over five years and no you will not be able to import it in from the U.S. because it it's on the inadmissible list. Nissan is trying to stop grey market imports so they will be purposely changing subtle things so the U.S ones don't meet Canadian saftey specs. defiantly not the poor man's super car with only 500 over 5 years.
                      the only thing different between US and Canadian specs is DTRL

thats it there is no other difference in these regulations, becase our CMVSS is a near cut copy and paste of the FMVSS... its really quite stupid how they can say some vehicles are not allowed based on this...
                      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                      \'90 GTR32

Comment

How can anyone say if the GTR will not be importable from the US at this point in time? The RIV list doesn't even have any 2009 models in it so we'll need to wait. From what I can see most Nissan/Infiniti cars are admissable, the only ones that aren't appear to not meet seatbelt and bumper requirements.

I would be surprised if the GTR is inadmissable since it is basically the same car except for DRL and the speedometer (mph vs kph).

Has anyone seen a US spec model yet and can comment if the speedo shows both mph and kph? Also, can you import a car if it only has mph on the speedo?

Comment

Working...
                        X