Has anyone in canada been "called" yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fire_n_ice View Post
    Does anybody know what the dealer policy (or that of Nissan Canada) on selling the cars out of province? I.e. can an Ontario resident buy a BC or Alberta dealer car and get full service from a local Ontario dealer? I am assuming so, by law, but I know that some dealers won't sell out of province (Audi R8). Kind of a code of ethics among dealers or something.
    You might have trouble with that on the servicing end of things. From what I have heard from 2 different employees at 2 different Nissan dealerships (one in Winnipeg MB, one in Saskatoon SK) the reason they aren't selling GTRs is because of the overhead cost needed to be ready to service one. Apparently there is a special lift needed, only the service manager can deal with the owner, only the top tech can work on it, only a 350Z or G35 can be used as a loner, etc., etc. Apparently some dealers have chosen to just raise the retail price to compensate, others have just not ordered one.

EDIT: But if your dealership sells GTRs, then you should be able to service yours no matter where in Canada it came from.
    (No more images in signature, no more car winking avatar. Weee)

Comment

I've been contacted - all good news

MSRP only - no games. Should have delivery this time next year, give or take.

Comment

Spent the afternoon in a GT-R yesterday!

I had the opportunity to experience the car first-hand. Here is my summary: http://www.ontrackdriver.com/general...t-r-today.html

OnTrackDriver.com - Internet Community of Track Drivers

Comment

Originally posted by fire_n_ice View Post
          I had the opportunity to experience the car first-hand. Here is my summary: http://www.ontrackdriver.com/general...t-r-today.html

Very nice review. Good to hear about it's competency as a daily driver.
          2012 Deep Pearl Blue Black Edition GT-R

Some say my teeth glow in the dark...
          And that if you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear my thoughts...

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post
            Apparently good taste in cars does not translate to good online manners or respect to fellow enthusiasts.
            I know you've already taken care of the situation, but I thought this was fairly appropriate (caution - strong language).

Comment

Working...
            X