No announcement yet.

OMG, I hope they release this!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARC240, No I sold them, selling all my toys... education time now, I've had my fun......

I still think wether its photchopd or not, I would roll out in that biatchhhhhh.
    bscmotorsports.ca
    Arctic Cat Fircat F7 Sno pro

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f*cked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? Whaat the f*ck is so funny bout' me, tell me, tell me whats funny..."

Comment

meh. As long as its hard top I guess.
      - K a t e ' says:
      thats so annoying how guys call there cars A GIRL haha im surprised you dont have a name for it
      - Jared -
      women arnt people...they dont need names. There like a plant.

Comment

GTR looks much better hard top imho.

dont like spyders! lol
        .......GTRCANADA.COM
        Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

Meh...
          Originally posted by FITZY_07 View Post

Moved to GTR forum

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
            Most convertibles have extra bracing in the chassis of the car to compensate for not having a roof. Also can be quicker due to the drop in weight from less windows, metal.
            Have you ever actually looked at the curb weights of some convertible vs. non convertible cars? Mustangs are 120 pounds heavier when they're a convert. Corvettes are 80 pounds heavier. Etc.

What do you think all that extra chassis bracing does to the car besides add weight? Not to mention the mechanisms for lifting the convert roof.
            1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
            It'll run someday

Comment

He's right..the Gallardo Spyder is much heavier and slower than the coupe, even though it is a soft top.

..and to the guy dissing my admittedly not-so-great car, how does a rollcage add stiffness to the car? You meant to say chassis bracing..

Anyways, just because my car isn't so great, you can't assume anything about my wealth.
              You could be Warren Buffet and still choose to drive a Neon.
              03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                Most convertibles have extra bracing in the chassis of the car to compensate for not having a roof. Also can be quicker due to the drop in weight from less windows, metal.
                you think that extra bracing doesn't weigh anything? it'll end up being a bigger pig then the gtr already produced

Comment

x2

convertable mustangs were always heavier than there non-convertable counterparts... same goes for many of the covertable cars..

however, the convertables while heavier, were often more rigid in there chassis...

i cant for see nissan releaseing that car as a nissan, however i could see them doing something like that in there infiniti line, although it wouild prolly be de-tuned for better fuel eco, which would make it more desireable for that old fogey rich status seekler crowd
                  How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                  \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                  \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post

i cant for see Nissan releaseing that car as a nissan, however i could see them doing something like that in their infiniti line, although it wouild prolly be de-tuned for better fuel eco, which would make it more desireable for that old fogey rich status seekler crowd
                    At that point, you're just looking at a chopped G37. Nissan wouldn't do something like this to a GT-R. When they need to make cars in the luxury segment, they'll keep it an Infiniti.

Comment

ummm noooooo i hope they dont release that. Why with a performance car like tge GTR would u release it as a convertible? Especially a SKYLINE!

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                        how does a rollcage add stiffness to the car?
                        You're kidding right?
                        Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGTR View Post
                          You're kidding right?
                          Chassis bracing should still help more than a rollcage to add stiffness.
                          It could still come down to how the cage is mounted, and what kind it is..

Comment

Put simply...this car isn't meant to be too luxurious, it's more high-tech and sporty. It's really not a "Sunday cruise with the top down" kind of car...well, it may be considering our gas prices lately, but that's besides the point . I hope that the legendary "Skyline/GTR" stays in it's current form, these cars are meant to be racing kings. Adding the drop-top roof would scream "I was made for elderly couples cruising down vacant farm country roads" not "I'm incredibly fast, back the hell off". A drop roof would make the GTR, though it may sound somewhat ironic, lose it's mighty image and become less classy. That's just my oppinion...whenever I think "convertible"....I think of the elderly lol, not an image I'd like to be put upon a GTR imo.
                            1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
                            1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

Working...
                            X