• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec-V Ultimate Black Opal paint

Does anyone have the Paint code ?

LAC.

Top left is Ultimate Opal.

Comment

i dont even want to know how much thats gonna cost.
      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

does anyone have a better picture? Just curious to see the diff bet regular black and that..

Comment

I like.

Bigger photo's -

It looks like a purple pearl metallic (similar to R33, R34 V-spec) instead of the optional metallic grey pearl they used on the R32 models.

After looking at flat black, metallic black pearl paint jobs in real life, sometimes the flat black looks better (direct sunlight) if you keep the car clean, waxed. But the pearl looks better (car is shiny) when the clear is not so hot looking or car is slightly dirty. More so at night time on side of road or in a showroom, when the light's hit car.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

whoa that is so nice..

Thanks man!

Comment

Here are some more, I took these at the Nissan Ginza Headquarters:

Comment

3rd pic down..stunning.
                03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

I asked some friends in Okinawa to check out the LAC colour code and it's not showing up at all at the dealerships or the paint shop. Rick can you double check for me ? They asked at the Nissan dealership and the service people had no clue what they were talking about.

Comment

It doesn't look any different from the R33, R34 V-spec purple colour.

Here's videoclip of the R35GTR Spec-V at Geneva -

RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

There were 3 variants of Midnight purple starting with the R33 V-spec (which in my opinion was the best one). It was quite literally dark purple when light reflected off of it with gold flakes and black when it was dark.

R34 had 2 variants - II & III respectively. MP II was much lighter than the original MP & MP III had a chameleon like effect when light hit it, it glowed partly green.

Minor differences only an enthusiast would know, but I'm dieing to grab the new paint for my project.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsugen
                        I asked some friends in Okinawa to check out the LAC colour code and it's not showing up at all at the dealerships or the paint shop. Rick can you double check for me ? They asked at the Nissan dealership and the service people had no clue what they were talking about.
                        I'll ask around on a few GT-R boards I post on. It may be black listed.

Comment

Probably not minor differences a enthusiast would know, but someone who's seen all 3 paint jobs in real life or who has access to catalogues. I've only seen the R33GTR V-spec purple on a 700hp R33GTR in real life.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

So KAD is the new gunmetal?

Why is it not the KH3 which appears to be black.

Time for a fresh coat...KH2 is lookin a little drab.

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Tuned View Post
                              So KAD is the new gunmetal?

Why is it not the KH3 which appears to be black.

Time for a fresh coat...KH2 is lookin a little drab.
                              KH3 is the normal GT-R black. UBO is the 500,000 (or close to that) Yen paint upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X