Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car&Racer's Switzer R1K at Cayuga TMP

Hi everyone,

Well - it was finally a nice enough day to head to the track - and they did a great job with the track prep.

For the first time my LC and tires were set up and I was able to see more of the potential of my car on Pump Gas.

Enjoy;

Last edited by vtknight; 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM.

A few more...

Race fuel is next!

Comment

That was a disgusting display of pure spanking power.
      And I can't believe I watched each one of those videos twice!!

Ok
      May I have another. Lol!!
      Favorites
      lucky_cefiro
      you\'re not listening
      entelijint
      stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
      mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
      Originally posted by specialedition
      He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

Originally posted by speedfreak View Post
        That was a disgusting display of pure spanking power.
        And I can't believe I watched each one of those videos twice!!

Ok
        May I have another. Lol!!
        Lol - I appreciate your comments kind Sir...

Switzer is going to tweak my launch boost and some other things and see if I can get out of the hole a little stronger...

I feel 9.9's next weekend...

And then I have to decide if I need drag radials (at least for the rear) to get me down the track on race fuel.

Cheers!

Comment

sick car and thanks for the vids
          Slicks for sure on the rear and with some race gas.... You'll be in the 9's for sure
          Keep us posted
          R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
          Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

That is some serious go power, well done!
            2012 Deep Pearl Blue Black Edition GT-R

Some say my teeth glow in the dark...
            And that if you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear my thoughts...

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
              That is some serious go power, well done!
              Thank-you for the positive feedback everyone!

I do believe she has a high 9 in her on pump gas - I spoke with Switzer and we are going to see what we can do for boost off the line with a little more gumption - the logs show I was losing alot of revs before getting on the boost.

This package has done a 9.3 at 155 MPH on Q16 race fuel (158 MPH best trap) - so I have my work cut out for me.

I am running stock rims and R888's (without touching the air pressure) - so I like to keep it as I drive it.

I know I could go 18" rims and drag radials for at least a few tenths more (some say .3-.5) - but I don't run like that on the street so there's not point to me.

I have more videos of a few 10.20's runs from the same day while I was on my second highest pump fuel levels by accident. A couple are pretty cool...

Stay tuned and thanks again everyone!

Comment

hey bud it was a pleasure meeting you there. ( manny with the challenger )

surprised to find you here

your car is definately an animal on the track!

Comment

Hey Manny - good to see you here too...This site is a little R35 angry - but alot of the guys have been pretty cool actually.

What happened to your car on that run? As I said on the video - that was not your best run by far ET or MPH-wise...

If the weather holds I'm going back Sunday...you?

Comment

yeah definately going back.

i lost 4th gear on that run, had to call it a day after that,

if i get the new trans in by tonight ill be there sunday tearing it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by malibusst View Post
                      yeah definately going back.

i lost 4th gear on that run, had to call it a day after that,

if i get the new trans in by tonight ill be there sunday tearing it up again.
                      Sorry to hear about that - but that makes sense. With the power you are putting down and 130+ MPH traps - you should be well into the mid 10's. It will happen.

I will keep an eye on the weather and keep you posted.

Comment

Your R35 is freakin incredible but I'm gonna play the "prick" card and ask the following...

Why are you doing reducing an R35 to a straight line car?!?
                        ...and you need some practince on the tree judging by the videos.
                        Last edited by bobbo; 05-01-2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                          Your R35 is freakin incredible but I'm gonna play the "prick" card and ask the following...

Why are you doing reducing an R35 to a straight line car?!?
                          ...and you need some practince on the tree judging by the videos.
                          Well - I will answer your "prick" card questions...

My tree reaction time is pretty average - about .100-.300 when I am trying to race someone that I know will blow me away on the start (you will see the pro dragster guys getting .05 and less sometimes - that takes some practice). When I don't care, and I'm more able to just concentrate on a good launch (and time) - I will let it go around .500. I have had a .006 and .009 reaction time before - so my experience and practice is starting to pay off. I'm not sure if you have done 1/4 mile before, but newbies tend to hover in the .700-1.0+ second range.

As to road course - yes I will admit - that is what the GTR was designed for. It just so happens that it is also kick ass at going really fast in a straight line - from a 1/4 to full mile. Beating fully raced prepped drag cars and built V10's makes me happy inside.

This is what I enjoy.

I do like road course as well - I am waiting for a rental of the track with some friends of mine - and then I will give it a go.
                          Last edited by vtknight; 05-01-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Commendable and I can somewhat relate to what you say about taking a vehicle to a track and whooping what would appear to be more capable machinery.
                            Taking a 20 year old Nissan to the track and out running Caymen Ss and M3s does feel pretty good.
                            I do have quite a bit of experience both 1/8 and 1/4 mile. How deep/shallow are you staging? What tree do they use at that track? Sportsman I assume?
                            Keep hammering on that American Muscle. I'd bet those die hard muscle car guys die a little inside when ya put it to them.
                            Last edited by bobbo; 05-02-2012, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                              Commendable and I can somewhat relate to what you say about taking a vehicle to a track and whooping what would appear to be more capable machinery.
                              Taking a 20 year old Nissan to the track and out running Caymen Ss and M3s does feel pretty good.
                              I do have quite a bit of experience both 1/8 and 1/4 mile. How deep/shallow are you staging? What tree do they use at that track? Sportsman I assume?
                              Keep hammering on that American Muscle. I'd bet those die hard muscle car guys die a little inside when ya put it to them.
                              Sportsman - they only classify pro tree for certain drag cars. I don't deep stage just for the fact I want to keep things consistent for me and the times I run. Again - I run what I brung - full interior, spoiler, sometimes way too much gas - stock 20" rims...etc. I want to know what the car can do as I drive it. With 18" rims and drag radials alone I should pick up 3 tenths at least.

I will keep hammering the US muscle - they seriously don't know what to do sometimes - especially when I tell them its a V6...

Comment

Working...
                              X