Doing safety on skylines shop wise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing safety on skylines shop wise

anyone in the winnipeg MB area would like to share where they safetied thier skyline with me i had my gtr sfetied in calgary and recently bought a gts-type m and i took it to Fanatasy auto here in WPG MB and they are taking too long freaking 2 weeks now safety mechanical wise is passed but the dot lights are not done i did rear side markers and headlight just waiting on rear taights he kept saying parts arent there yet its P*****ng me off waiting GTR is not running getting fixed now the gts is still in shop but running im so mad two r32 and cant drive either one arghhhhh if anyone from here know of them please leave any input ive yet to meet any WPGers who owns a skyline but im sure there are, any input is appreciated thanks :drive:

PS THIS NOT TECH TALK JUST SOME INQUIRY OR INFO ON THESE GUY IF POSSIBLE THEY SEEM ABIT TOO SHADY FOR ME BUT NO CHOICE

checkout..

they have guys from all over the country that are familier with this stuff..

:-)
    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

you DONT need tail lights.

no matter what anyone tries to tell you... you don't

please dont hack up a skyline with corvette lights.

TROL

Comment

i wish that were true ive tried to tell this and it seems you have to in manitoba unless the cops here have been misinformed or every shop has been told seems that way last sunday nite crusie nite saw 4 R32s got towed because DOT lighting issues being headlight, side markers or taighlights but i will check on it again i already contacted the guy on our DVL and he still hasnt called yet still waiting but for now have to do the taillight thing just to be on te safe side oh wells

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
          you DONT need tail lights.

no matter what anyone tries to tell you... you don't

please dont hack up a skyline with corvette lights.
          i wanna move to BC damn MB has too many bull***it on thier safety standards and yet i can buy piece of junk get crooked safety and wont get hasseled but my GTR did full safety always gets hasseled down here , it wont be corvette lights it'l be a big enough shape well close to a match i believe a semi truck rear taillight just to replace lense and say DOT but the guy from shop said i could easily remove it and replace old ones again but up to me and i will a skyline aint a skyline with out its taighlights those red rings are dazzling

Comment

tail lights are fine.... dont bother calling your local DVL person, call the higher ups good ol brian kangas, tell them you have spoken with him and that he says the tail lights are fine, and if they dont believe you tell them to call him up ask for themselves, then provide the number...

the reason why tail lights are fine is this...

a private study was performed at daniel stren lighting(DOT consults him for everything) and at DS lighting it was found that JIS tail lights are equal to or greater than DOT tail lights, and at most you would need a new bulb to be compliant...

this is why there is no tail light issue, so please inform your local stupid shop and the local stupid cops about it...

the headlights and side markers are still a compliance issue but the tail lights are not
            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
            \'90 GTR32

Comment

i need his number please cause these guys dont believe me

Comment

shoot him an email...

make it short as sweet, get to the point.

brian.kangas@gov.bc.ca

oh, and its a gov.bc.ca email but he works for CVSE which is Canada wide.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                  shoot him an email...

make it short as sweet, get to the point.

brian.kangas@gov.bc.ca

oh, and its a gov.bc.ca email but he works for CVSE which is Canada wide.
                  DONE hopefully he gives these guys Sh****t lol j/k but yeah they wont release my car until its done and i dont want to do it and pay for nothing and now they also added signal lense have to go not DOT no side marker but i rewired it so it does have it and boom little side marker signal lense still amber no diff from all just had to rewire little lense moulded in it to be side markers and OMG he actually wants to put cavalier side lenses i said please no more hacking my R32 hopefully the R32 will be road ready ( crossing fingers ) wish me luck hopefully by sometime next week..

Comment

Not to be rude here but you seriously need to use periods.

Comment

side markers do not have to be dot... it doesnt say that in the regs...

you really need to find a new shop... get it put on a flat deck and taken to a different if you have to but these guys are stupid, and crooks...

you should also bring it up with them that they should know the regulations, and shouldnt have someone as a customer tell them what the regs are, and other pieces of info regarding them...

when it comes to this stuff to me it discredits the shop, so i wouldnt trust these guys, and neither should you...
                      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                      \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                        Not to be rude here but you seriously need to use periods.
                        my bad .................... heres an update brain kangas is unable to help me because its out of his jurisdiction. He recomends i find someone in manitoba to help with my situation. Guess no good, have to comply so i can drive the R32. They say the same thing these guys are telling me or itll not pass safety. Oh well, and PS dont ever ever go to manitoba yuo will be harrased if seen by any COPs driving the skyline trust me they are total anals about it just a warning. Thanks anyways all, at least i can drive her soon ill post pics of the hacked up looked hopefully it doesnt look too bad.:drive:

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                          side markers do not have to be dot... it doesnt say that in the regs...

you really need to find a new shop... get it put on a flat deck and taken to a different if you have to but these guys are stupid, and crooks...

you should also bring it up with them that they should know the regulations, and shouldnt have someone as a customer tell them what the regs are, and other pieces of info regarding them...

when it comes to this stuff to me it discredits the shop, so i wouldnt trust these guys, and neither should you...
                          I wish it were that simple here in MB. Been through 4 most are dumb and crooks or need to learn what a skyline is and gets scared because of its greatness and refuse to do the safety. only two locals that does it one got closed because of selling crappy imports and these guys. i dont blame them they've got alot to lose too and at least they know what they're doing with the skyline, just following the rules i guess.

Comment

sorry to bring this thread back up.... but i just bought my skyline and will need it safetied come summer. Did you end up finding a shop that knows wtf they are doing? or did you just put all the things on that they told you to do?
                            thanks
                            -Ryan

Comment

Working...
                            X