the best bang for buck ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl @ TunerLab.jp View Post
    I guess it is all what you are looking for...
    1000hp 'Stang fast in a straight line
    1000hp BMW fast in turns as well (maybe)

My friend owns a West Racing Vivace race car, about $40,000, and deadly fast on the circuits. It can whoop heavily tuned GT-Rs. Engine is 185hp Toyota 4AG, Wilwood brakes, Rays TE37s, tube frame, FRP body. Some may argue that a setup like this is the best bang for the buck as well.
    http://www.west-racing.co.jp/catlog/vivace7.html
    My votes for best bang for buck are

1. Ariel Atom (too bad it is not legal in Canada, minus Quebec)

2. Ultima Can-Am

Comment

at this point in time... the haters may hate, but the BEST bang for the buck is the new Hyundai Genesis coupe.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by Insta_AxE_Toast View Post
        1. Ariel Atom (too bad it is not legal in Canada, minus Quebec)
        Seen a couple in Ontario with Ontario tags, pretty sure there's a company in Toronto that has Canadian distribution rights. Could be wrong though.
        Race. Win. Live.

Comment

i would have to de-badge the whole Hyundai in order to drive it lol. no matter how you look at it, its bloody embarrassing

remember in tokyo drift, Han is like, "you work and represent me now, you really think i would let you drive a hyundai," and Han passes him the keys to an evo if i remember correctly

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
          R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGTR View Post
            Seen a couple in Ontario with Ontario tags, pretty sure there's a company in Toronto that has Canadian distribution rights. Could be wrong though.

Brammo, IIRC.

A lot of interesting opinions in this thread.

GTM is a very well engineered component car, but you're sacrificing a lot for the performance. Still costs a pretty penny to build. FFR estimates around 60 grand US. Actual cost is about 90k US, and that's for a relatively barebones build with a basic LS from a C5. Properly built GTM's, such as Gary Cheney's will run up around 150k or more. Bang for the buck? Compared to some production supercars, yes. But there are better options out there if you're just looking for performance vs. dollar spent.

Y'know, there's a special version of the Atom with a Cosworth 500bhp V8. It's not cheap, but it will give you whiplash. Basic Atom is still pretty expensive for what you're getting.

I'd say best all-round performance car is the CBAR35. Take your kids to school on Monday, race and win on Sunday. Price will drop soon, prices are already dropping in the states from what I've heard. It's a sensible supercar that won't have the pains of a kit car or the bills of a highly modded car such as the posted E46 M3.
            03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by Polak_GTS-T View Post
              i would have to de-badge the whole Hyundai in order to drive it lol. no matter how you look at it, its bloody embarrassing

remember in tokyo drift, Han is like, "you work and represent me now, you really think i would let you drive a hyundai," and Han passes him the keys to an evo if i remember correctly
              Agreed. Sat in both the 3.8 and 2.0T, I could tell where there was some cost cutting. Mostly in the interior. It's a good car for the money, but far from best bang-for-the-buck deal.

Comment

I'm suprise no one talked about the caterham super 7, that little thing goes
                like there's no tomorow and weight next to nothing.

Bang for the buck, that's where my vote would go.

But you can't compare a caterham to this M3, it wouldn't be doing it justice.
                There's a lot of work that went in this car to make it what it is. And I have
                to admit, the M3 with that wide body looks sexy has hell.

But I don't know why, I think might just be personnal preference or childhood
                dream, but if I had that kind of cash to buy that car, I would still buy an
                older 1997 993 twinturbo, and have some change.

But my girlfriend would probably disagre with me. lol
                She's in love with those BMW M3, I can't blame her it,s a great car.
                14 VW Jetta TDI
                05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
                95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
                95 240sx ( powered)
                89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Originally posted by collector240sx View Post
                  I'm suprise no one talked about the caterham super 7, that little thing goes
                  like there's no tomorow and weight next to nothing.

Bang for the buck, that's where my vote would go.

But you can't compare a caterham to this M3, it wouldn't be doing it justice.
                  There's a lot of work that went in this car to make it what it is. And I have
                  to admit, the M3 with that wide body looks sexy has hell.

But I don't know why, I think might just be personnal preference or childhood
                  dream, but if I had that kind of cash to buy that car, I would still buy an
                  older 1997 993 twinturbo, and have some change.

But my girlfriend would probably disagre with me. lol
                  She's in love with those BMW M3, I can't blame her it,s a great car.

I mentioned the Locost, the home built version of the Caterham.
                  Race. Win. Live.

Comment

You'll have some open air fun if it doesn't break down every 5 minutes.

Comment

Maybe the Atom 2's were legal. I checked right on the new North American manufacturer's website and they state that the Atom 3's are not legal. But then again we have all heard about and seen R34's and R33's driving around and we know they are not legal...

Comment

Ariel Atom is impressive -

FOR THE FULL ARIEL ATOM STORY:http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=131557Think about the quickest road car you've ever driven. No,...

Ultima Can-Am -

Quick trip round Rockingham in the UK in an Ultima Can-Am

Cool V8 sound.

Although I prefer the sound of a Hayabusa in a Westfield that's road legal and is fairly cheap and can build yourself (kit car) -

Passes a Lotus Elise at 3:57 which isn't a slow car.

I also like the Westfield XTR2 (as far as I know is used to train F1 racecar drivers) and is car you can build yourself in the garage for $20,000 pounds or $34,922.7 CAD -

Want more Top Gear? Visit the official Top Gear channel: http://bit.ly/TopGearWWTop GearWhether you’re searching for a caravan challenge, Ken Block in the Ho...

Faster than a Zonda and is said to be road legal.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                          Ariel Atom is impressive -

FOR THE FULL ARIEL ATOM STORY:http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=131557Think about the quickest road car you've ever driven. No,...

Ultima Can-Am -

Quick trip round Rockingham in the UK in an Ultima Can-Am

Cool V8 sound.

Although I prefer the sound of a Hayabusa in a Westfield that's road legal and is fairly cheap and can build yourself (kit car) -

Passes a Lotus Elise at 3:57 which isn't a slow car.

I also like the Westfield XTR2 (as far as I know is used to train F1 racecar drivers) and is car you can build yourself in the garage for $20,000 pounds or $34,922.7 CAD -

Want more Top Gear? Visit the official Top Gear channel: http://bit.ly/TopGearWWTop GearWhether you’re searching for a caravan challenge, Ken Block in the Ho...

Faster than a Zonda and is said to be road legal.
                          The XTR is road legal in Britain, not in Canada. Thank you Gov of Canada, you stupid pansies! The Caterham Super 7 is supposedly legal in Canada though ... I could not find if the Ultima Can-Am is legal or not.

"Canadian law on the other hand, is rather specific in terms of certain windshield and bumper requirements. At this time, the Canadian MOT will not register the XTR2 for road use. However, the XTR2 can be driven on any number of racetracks throughout Canada to great effect." - Right from Westfield's website.

Comment

What about a Lotus 7 with Hayabusa engine -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                              at this point in time... the haters may hate, but the BEST bang for the buck is the new Hyundai Genesis coupe.
                              im a hater
                              forget that homo crap.lol
                              just joking
                              but not really
                              but sorta
                              Originally posted by Oakville
                              that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

KIT cars are sketchy in Canada... has to be a MoT registered kit.
                                However homebuilt cars are no problem. I think it's stupid that an engineered kit isn't legal but something you build in your garage is perfectly fine.
                                Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Working...
                                X