• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
    http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...topic=128354.0

"bang for buck"

1k hp cars are not rare nor expensive.
    Bang for buck if you want to go in a straight line, sure.

I'll agree that M3 is tremendously overpriced just because it has been in mags and is a pretty well known car, but that cobra and that M3 are built for two completely different things.
    1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
    It'll run someday

Comment

There are some great opinions in here and I wouldn't disagree with any of them necessarily. It's all personal preference.

IMO the best bang for your buck is dynamite. The rest is relative.

I would love a gnarly M3, but at the $90k range I would buy a ZR1, probably just because I've loved Corvettes since I was a kid. Neither of those cars are necessarily "bang for your buck" unless you're looking at it like someone mentioned as the R35, taking down $200k cars.

Hell there's members on here who's cars could probably take down $200k cars in a straight line or the twisties.

Just my $.02...
      DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGTR View Post
        KIT cars are sketchy in Canada... has to be a MoT registered kit.
        However homebuilt cars are no problem. I think it's stupid that an engineered kit isn't legal but something you build in your garage is perfectly fine.

Me personally I think it is beyond stupid that you can build a car yourself... The reason for the XTR not being legal is because of the lack of windscreen. I guess the MOT has never seen a motor cycle.

It was pretty funny, for my dad's car to pass the out of province inspection he had to have wipers. So he has a crank inside the car that he turns to move the wipers =D The inspector was not overly happy but he law does not state that they have to be motorized. "You are technically correct, the best kind of correct" - Futurama

Comment

It looks like crap. For almost 100K I expect PERFECT FLUSH wheel fitments at the very least and a widebody kit that DOES NOT LOOK TACKED ON.

Have fun wasting your money fellas.

Comment

I think BANG FOR YOUR BUCK is more for performance than flush wheels.
            Race. Win. Live.

Comment

touche
              Originally posted by Oakville
              that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

Working...
              X