Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyundai Genesis is the most important SC of 2009 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know...you can get a '10 Camaro RS with a 306hp V6 and beefier suspension and brakes for the same money. Chicks will by the "H", dudes will buy the "GM".

Oh yea, and the days of the smoking Pony and Exell are LONG gone. The R/D and Q/C at Hyundia are just as good as anyone elses. Risidual value means nothing to me, I keep my cars for much longer than most people and after 10 years they are all worthless.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

The new genesis is a good car, personally I would buy one however I won't becasue of the resale value.

But for the price and 300 horsepower its a really a good deal. The vehicle handled better than the 3 series, more powerful than most cars in its class and price. Solid car, and it comes with 10 year back to back warranty ..

Comment

Originally posted by JzGarage View Post
        The new genesis is a good car, personally I would buy one however I won't becasue of the resale value.

But for the price and 300 horsepower its a really a good deal. The vehicle handled better than the 3 series, more powerful than most cars in its class and price. Solid car, and it comes with 10 year back to back warranty ..
        What leads you to believe that? The 3-series is known for it's handling, I think that's a stretch.
        03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos
          What leads you to believe that? The 3-series is known for it's handling, I think that's a stretch.
          Well,

I own a E90 3 series and have owned the previous E46. I think the geneisis holds up fairly well. Its a bold statement for anyone to say that a hyundai out handles a BMW, however if they are bold enough to put it in their advertisements and commercials I am pretty sure they can back it up.

Goggle the videos, reviews, tests... this car out handles BMW, Merc, and other jap cars in its class.

PS - just don't compare it with the M3 or AMG, its a diff class

Comment

I agree 100% with you. Have to watch some youtube videos and read some articles in different tuner magazines.
            Originally posted by JzGarage View Post
            Well,

I own a E90 3 series and have owned the previous E46. I think the geneisis holds up fairly well. Its a bold statement for anyone to say that a hyundai out handles a BMW, however if they are bold enough to put it in their advertisements and commercials I am pretty sure they can back it up.

Goggle the videos, reviews, tests... this car out handles BMW, Merc, and other jap cars in its class.

PS - just don't compare it with the M3 or AMG, its a diff class
            I Love The HKS GTRS SHUFFLE

Comment

Originally posted by victoriaGTR View Post
              I agree 100% with you. Have to watch some youtube videos and read some articles in different tuner magazines.
              Another car that came to mind that is a total underdog is the Chevy Cobalt SS
              you recall Sport Compact did a test and it out handled a stock R32 GTR as well as the Integra Type R? For years the Honda Type R was hailed as the king of FWD cars, until the SS came along. Who would have thought an American car ...and not just that, a damm colbalt!

Comment

I have read many reviews and spec on this car and I take back my previous statment , Hyundia is making a good move !
                I kinda want one now

Comment

Originally posted by owennh View Post
                  I have read many reviews and spec on this car and I take back my previous statment , Hyundia is making a good move !
                  I kinda want one now
                  one down....how many more sceptics too go?

Comment

"Initially well received, the Excel’s faults soon became apparent; cost-cutting measures caused reliability to suffer. With an increasingly poor reputation for quality, Hyundai sales plummeted, and many dealerships either earned their profits on repairs or abandoned the product."

Circa 1986. Hmm. This is why I`ll let a year pass by before the Genesis has my approval.

Comment

In 1986 the R32 GTR hadn't been produced.

In 1986 the "Big Three" were still the big three

In 1986 a lot of people still didn't believe Honda made a quality product.

How can you even relate something made 23 years ago by Hyundai to what they make now? That would be like looking at a 1986 Corvette and then looking at the ZR1 and being like "Pfffft, no way that thing can handle"
                      1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                      It'll run someday

Comment

there are truths, and lies, and then statistics.

Anyone can manipulate anything to make it sound attractive

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                        R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
                          In 1986 the R32 GTR hadn't been produced.

In 1986 the "Big Three" were still the big three

In 1986 a lot of people still didn't believe Honda made a quality product.

How can you even relate something made 23 years ago by Hyundai to what they make now? That would be like looking at a 1986 Corvette and then looking at the ZR1 and being like "Pfffft, no way that thing can handle"
                          My thoughts exactly.

Comment

I'm not trying to emphasize that point. I'm trying to say that it's their first real "decent product", so I'll let the kinks get ironed out before beginning to compare it to established luxury cars.

Comment

nissans were POS vehicles back in the day.... and hyundai has the best warrantee out there right now....

Comment

Originally posted by victoriaGTR View Post
                                nissans were POS vehicles back in the day.... and hyundai has the best warrantee out there right now....

was it 10 year or 12 year ? BUMPER TO BUMPER!!!!

anything, breaks in the car i mean anything is covered unless you break it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X