Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman is offended when kia tech calls her fat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman is offended when kia tech calls her fat.

Well to sum up this story for those who dont want to watch the news clip.
    Woman buys new car, woman is heavier set by quite a bit, says the car pulls to the left, gets an alignment done car still pulls, brings it back gets another one done still pulls brings it back, tech says, body weight can play a big role on if a car pulls or not. Offered to allign the car while she is in it to get the correct settings, she gets upset and complains about the tech making her feel fat.

Now I say the tech should have just did the alignments with a right biased and not said anything but this woman getting bent out of shape about what the tech said (which is the truth) should be turned down alot. Now I dont want to come off as this guy who hates over weight people as myself am a bit over weight for my height and have a gut, now I dont go around expecting the world to change because I cant stop stuffing my face. And I am loosing weight and getting back into shape to get ready for my O.P.P examination. Now. I do feel bad and think exceptions should be made for those who cant help there weight ie people who are disabled and cant move alot therefor put on weight. Now this woman I think should blow it out her A** get it done properly and loose weight and drive the car or get an alignment done properly.

http://canwest.a.mms.mavenapps.net/m...Object=3475882

Just my .2 cents
    You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

The truth hurts. I'm sure she was less then pleasant when she returned with the problem. All the tech did was offer her a solution, she should have took it and been happy that the problem was solved.
    92 BNR32
    92 RNN14 12.92 @ 105mph (SOLD)
    86 Sierra Cosworth RS (clone)

Comment

HAHAHA
      I can't even imagine what our service advisor (Mazda dealership) would have said... he's a bit blunt and angry. It's amusing. He would have had a field day if she got upset with him for saying that weight could be a factor.
      Race. Win. Live.

Comment

HA HA HA, what a joke.

I don't even know where to start, but I just say, all she said was total stupidity, offcoarse wight is the factor. What's a big deal about it, oh you didn't like when they gave a hint to you that you are big. Well why are you makeing a scene now, you didn't make scene your whgole life.

You want to be "normal" then loose weight. If you think you are in your finest shape, then take an understanding that few things had to be adjusted to allow you to be "normal". Cars, beds (so they dont sag), chairs, bigger cell (so your fat fingers can actually press individual buttons)....

P.S. Buy a freaking 3/4 tonn truck, and be "inline with your image".
        When the sun goes down, RPMs go up !

Comment

Weight can definitely play a big factor, I remember when my old civic was full with my friends, we're each around 220 pounds on average. 220*5 = 1100 extra pounds in the car. WOT the car pulled like it had 15 horses only. 60km/h took like 10 seconds at least.

Comment

weight does play a factor.
            the technician didnt say it in a way to hurt her, only offering her a possible solution.

i know in my friends old chevy sprint with 4 of us in there that car sat so low and corners were freaking scary, he then toook his back seats out so he only would have to take one other person with him lol

Comment

I got my Gts-t aligned with me in it. You're supposed to if you plan to do any tracking/autox/solo or whatever.

TROL

Comment

I like when she said " It's a new car, I spent alot of money"

It's a KIA Rio...

Second, if you are so fat that it affects your car, perhaps you should do something about the weight.

Like take some initiative...

-Bob
                Team Mischief
                team-mischief.com

Comment

om nom nom nom.

/thread.

Comment

A few years ago there was a customer in shop complaining that the car sagged on the driver side. My boss came to me say just look at the car (newer toyota camery) and go get a coffee from the customer waiting area it's the person in the red jacket. You can't miss her and don't laugh. omg she took up two chairs... :shock:
                    Chris

Comment

LOL @ fat girls

Comment

Originally posted by falcon
                        I got my Gts-t aligned with me in it. You're supposed to if you plan to do any tracking/autox/solo or whatever.
                        ORly? How much do you weigh? (Just kidding! I'm sure it's a good idea.)

Back to the offended lady.. I think she should go with a car that uses a more centred driving position. The Maclaren F1 comes to mind.

Dan
                        sigpic
                        The Beaumont Connection

Comment

gym membership is $25... and hydroxycut is about $40.... that is what i have said to her if she got upset

Comment

I understand that she may have been offended by the comment the tech made, however, she can't act like she did.

Went someone replies in a factual way to solve problems, you can NEVER hold a grudge. Especially since the tech was suggesting a way to solve a problem... not make fun of her.

it's a fact that she is heavier than an average driver, and it's a fact that the car pulls due to the change in balance of the car...

so unless she doesn't know she's "overweight" then she must ACCEPT the FACT that to properly align the car with real world situations she need to be inside.

and she should have called Global News to thank to the kia tech for solving the alignment problem. but it wouldn't have been aired, and we wouldn't have heard about it...

Facts are facts, don't martyr yourself.
                            Marc-André
                            _________
                            2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                            ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by love_boost View Post
                              i know in my friends old chevy sprint with 4 of us in there that car sat so low and corners were freaking scary, he then toook his back seats out so he only would have to take one other person with him lol
                              I actually remember this one time I was walking to my high school, and I see this oldsmobile come up, and it was riding crazy low. When the car stopped in front of the school, two of the fattest chicks came out from the backdoors, and I swear, the car rose up again like it had hydraulics lmao.

Comment

Working...
                              X