Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman is offended when kia tech calls her fat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bahaha....this is pretty epic...

seat belt extenders...stronger suspension for our obese people.... These people are not special needs....they just need special help.

Comment

Well it is a tiny car, and she must weigh at least 300 lbs...why not admit to your body type, sit in the car and have them align the car so that it drives properly for her.

Problem solved.

She's in extreme denial if she thinks everything she can use and operate every thing that is designed to be used by average sized people.

I face similar discrimination, for being tall. I'm 6'5", and I have size 15 shoes. I can't find shoes anywhere that fit me, and I don't fit on buses and airplanes. But I accept my body type and deal with the problem (ie just accept that the car pulls left), or I find a solution, like getting a bulkhead seat on a plane or a bus (ie sit in the car and get it aligned for her personally).

I understand weight is a more sensitive issue than height, but sometimes you just have to put up with what you got.
      1999 Nissan Stagea RS Four S, White

Previous JDM Rides:
      1992 Nissan President Sovereign Junction Produce, Black (sold to NICOclubber)
      1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black (sold to GTRCer)
      1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black (sold to GTRCer)

Comment

i'm surprised noone else has posted this pic yet

also in reference to spartan air's comment.
        as long as she doesn't think she can wear lululemon and TNA like averaged sized people, then it's ok. oh GOD the terror..
        ----------------------------------------------
        widebody rb25 r32
        Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
        We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
        friends of:
        genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
        Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

Gotta say it ( even though its old it's a classic)

Why is a fat girl like a moped?
          Cause they're both fun to ride until your friends see you on one !

Comment

I hate how people over-exaggerate their situation and feelings when they don't get their way and then explain it to someone who "cares" (reporters). Her feelings weren't what was getting crushed... it was her car.

it's a completely reasonable, logical and factual argument the tech put up, just like the other shop mechanic they showed, he agreed. it's pathetic how kia has to publicly state they they were wrong and that it really is a mechanical issue. the media also made it look like cars really are the problems, and they should be universal in adaptation. even with the seatbelt statement. are you kidding? this woman would get pissed off if her seatbelt didn't fit, and if she was offered a (free) extension she'd do EXACTLY the same thing, getting all offended and whatever.

(and lol@the mclaren f1 post. win. I'd also pay up to $20 to see this person try to get into the seat though. group buy?)

Comment

Originally posted by raijin-xiii View Post

(and lol@the mclaren f1 post. win. I'd also pay up to $20 to see this person try to get into the seat though. group buy?)
              i'm in, in all honestly though. really fat, and i mean 300+, people have nobody to blame but themselves. Obviously right? why are they entitiled to special treatment? if they cant cope with what's available then they need to conform not the other way around. The world is getting soft and wimpy all in the name of being nice. I'm an ass, whatever. it's also friday and i just want to go hoooooommmmmmmmeeeeeee.
              Tџяϊsмø

Comment

I wonder if she would get embarrassed going to Canada Wonder Land and get denied for going on the rides?
                Chris

Comment

I wonder what's next. "False fuel efficiency claims?" while the driver weighs twice of that of a regular driver.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM.

Comment

no... one of these people are gonna get in an accident, and DESTROY the seatbelt. Then, it's gonna be all over the news that seatbelts aren't saft
                    widebody rb25 r32
                    Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
                    We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
                    friends of:
                    genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
                    Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

being fat is a choice, I can not feel one tad bit sorry for this girl. then when someone calls them overweight its a big deal, who cares, you ARE overweight and YOU decided to be, so deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by raijin-xiii View Post

omg lol i laughed when i read that... i saved it and emailed it to a couple people lmao that is to great

Comment

No wonder my car used to pull to the right...
                          '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by rak123 View Post
                            omg lol i laughed when i read that... i saved it and emailed it to a couple people lmao that is to great
                            there's a license plate holder with that on it too... some ricer cavalier has one at the lube shop next to my work. he's got air suspension or something on it, so it really is too low lol.

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                              I wonder what's next. "False fuel efficiency claims?" while the driver weighs twice of that of a regular driver.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM.
                              Your post remineded me of this article.

U.S. scientists have come up with another reason for obese people to lose weight -- excess driver and passenger weight results in excess fuel consumption.

In a 2006 study, University of Illinois Professor Sheldon Jacobson and doctoral student Laura McLay estimated the amount of vehicle fuel consumed as a result of overweight and obese passengers.

Now Jacobson and doctoral student Douglas King have updated the estimates of weight-based fuel consumption and compared them with those reported in 2006.

They said the results aren't good news.

"Growing overweight and obesity rates in the United States continue to increase fuel consumption by adding extra passenger weight to vehicles," said Jacobson. "More than 1 billion gallons of fuel consumed each year can be attributed to this excess weight."

In 2006, Jacobson and McLay found cars and light trucks consumed up to 938 million additional gallons of fuel each year as a result of average weight gain that had occurred since the 1960s. In the new study, Jacobson and King found the amount of additional fuel had jumped by nearly 200 million gallons, to 1.137 billion gallons a year, an increase of about 21 percent.

The study has been accepted for publication in the journal Transport and Environment and posted on its Web site.

Comment

im offended that kia didnt design a suspension system to accomodate me being grossley overweight

that just hits me hard
                                it doesent even make me feel like a person

/weep

haha god...uke:
                                Skyline hipster owl

Comment

Working...
                                X