Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Rally Driver look at Drifting...................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelaog View Post
    I agree, they get to wear all those cute outfits!!!! OMG JEALOUS!
    hahahah thanks for the amazing sig!
    Originally posted by bignate
    Top mount is cool but I'd feel like a nerd with top mounted 2530's, they're so tiny. Would look about as good as a girl with A cups sporting a DD bra.
    Originally posted by kelaog
    I agree, they get to wear all those cute outfits!!!! OMG JEALOUS!

Comment

Originally posted by super_joel7 View Post
      I have no idea where this hockey player taking figure skating lessons or something like that comes from. I have never heard of that in my entire life. I very much doubt that professional hockey players take any type of figure skating at all.

Maybe a Toronto thing?
      geoff and russ courtnal(more so russ) was known for his figure skating training and it showed in his very agile skating...

the local junoir b hockey teams i watch, and i am friends with a number of the players aged from 15-19 and a few older guys as well... some of them take it, some of them dont... the main reason for takin figure skating is to help with balance and agility... it seems strange but it is no different than a hockey player doing a power skating course...

they use it for improving there abilities...

another sport which uses a different sport for training pourposes is football... many football linebackers are getting into MMA because of the skills you learn with body positioning
      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
      \'90 GTR32

Comment

WTF is a 4 chan user ! ? ....someone, please.....

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
          WTF does that even mean ? What is a 4 chan user ?

Did Actionbstard hi-jack your account and post that or something ?
          oooo old man burn. That would sting

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao
            geoff and russ courtnal(more so russ) was known for his figure skating training and it showed in his very agile skating...

the local junoir b hockey teams i watch, and i am friends with a number of the players aged from 15-19 and a few older guys as well... some of them take it, some of them dont... the main reason for takin figure skating is to help with balance and agility... it seems strange but it is no different than a hockey player doing a power skating course...

they use it for improving there abilities...

another sport which uses a different sport for training pourposes is football... many football linebackers are getting into MMA because of the skills you learn with body positioning

That's bizarre. Like I said I play Jr.A, BCHL and SJHL and not a single person I have ever met takes figure skating.

That seems so counter productive. Spins, triple whatevers. I can't picture that helping. Power skating has lots to do with hockey, it teaches you proper technique. Everything in figure skating is different then in hockey. Skates, skating style, everything.
            Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

If i were to post the link for 4chan, I'm pretty sure GTRC would ban me. Go google it.

old man

Comment

Originally posted by Muss View Post
                That's bizarre. Like I said I play Jr.A, BCHL and SJHL and not a single person I have ever met takes figure skating.

That seems so counter productive. Spins, triple whatevers. I can't picture that helping. Power skating has lots to do with hockey, it teaches you proper technique. Everything in figure skating is different then in hockey. Skates, skating style, everything.
                well you're looking at it far to objectively...

while a hockey player has no need for doing triple sow cow axle flip-tards, which is at the far end of the figure skating scale, many hockey players do use very agile moves... just look at crosby, malkin, ovechkin, etc etc etc... some of the stuff those guys do defies what the average hockey player is able to do on his skates...

im not implying that a hockey player learns figure skating to do figure skating moves... im simply saying that some... certainly not all, do take some to improve balance and such...

just think of all the hockey skating drills you do, lines, crawling, etc etc etc... im sure there are figure skating drills that are able to cross over to hockey which could help the hal gill's of the hockey world...
                How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                  oooo old man burn. That would sting
                  Yes, I have officially shown my age - I give up........lol

Like the '74' in my nic wasn't clue enough ?

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                    If i were to post the link for 4chan, I'm pretty sure GTRC would ban me.
                    That deserves a sigification

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                      well you're looking at it far to objectively...

while a hockey player has no need for doing triple sow cow axle flip-tards, which is at the far end of the figure skating scale, many hockey players do use very agile moves... just look at crosby, malkin, ovechkin, etc etc etc... some of the stuff those guys do defies what the average hockey player is able to do on his skates...

im not implying that a hockey player learns figure skating to do figure skating moves... im simply saying that some... certainly not all, do take some to improve balance and such...

just think of all the hockey skating drills you do, lines, crawling, etc etc etc... im sure there are figure skating drills that are able to cross over to hockey which could help the hal gill's of the hockey world...

1st, Wayne Gretzky use to figure skate.

2nd.
                      your absolutely right. hockey players wouldnt do it for the spins jumps and things like that but more for control and agility.

now you have alittle more control with figure skates as the blade is flatter and theres a toe pick but. that doesnt mean it is easier. if your take a figure skating drill which is also a hockey drill*, lets say for basics doing a figure 8 in mutiple directions forwards and backwards, do it in figure skates and in hockey skates.
                      i'll bet you the figure skates will be harder to do it in.

i personally do figureskate and have done so for 17 years, did start with hockey but quit.
                      i know for a fact that i can out skate a hockey player even if hes not in gear. you can skate faster and maneuver quicker then hockey skates because of the lack of an edge and that they are more of a curved blade.

i do have respect for hockey players though, it does take skill to balance a puck and get through loads of people just like figure skating takes alot of skill and control to jump and spin.

so i do think that you can compare rally driving with drifting as it takes alot of control and even delicacy.

but not speed skating, thats just straight line quickness.
                      i think hockey and figure skating is a good analogy.
                      I love the thing and its worth it every time I start it. As soon as it stops make me smile ill get rid of it (not gonna happen)
                      (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
                      ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

Working...
                      X