SLR 722s Brake Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLR 722s Brake Job

I thought you guys might be interested in doing a bbk so i got some prices.

these are for a slr mclaren 722s

Two front rotors are a mere 38783.36
    Two sets of front pads are 5868.8

Two rear rotors are 35909.44

i'll stop there

Cheaper than that at Lordco..
    Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

They should make a special episode of the price is right. Call it "the price is high"

"and you guessed an oil and filter change at $78 the actual retail price is.... $14 782.76"

Comment

I always wonder what the flat rate is for the mechanic who does insane jobs like that... A normal persons brake job pays around 1.4 - 2 hrs

Comment

All i know is merc has slr specific techs

Comment

I wonder... will Canadian Tire sell munroe versions of these at a cheaper cost???
            ├┼┼╕
            246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

Originally posted by CelicaKidd_205 View Post
              I always wonder what the flat rate is for the mechanic who does insane jobs like that... A normal persons brake job pays around 1.4 - 2 hrs
              I highly doubt a 4 point brake job, with rotors, pads and bleeding bills out at 1.4-2 hours. We don't even charge that little for a motorcycle brake job.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by CelicaKidd_205 View Post
                That would not be for all 4 corners. Just front or back so 3-4 hours depending on the vehicle.
                2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                1969 Cooper S. Restored
                1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                  I thought you guys might be interested in doing a bbk so i got some prices.

these are for a slr mclaren 722s

Two front rotors are a mere 38783.36
                  Two sets of front pads are 5868.8

Two rear rotors are 35909.44

i'll stop there
                  lol
                  id wear them out once
                  then after market swap.
                  forget that junk
                  I cant see how they would be any better than some really great after market products for substantially less.
                  Originally posted by Oakville
                  that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

So, the smart money would just to be sell it buy an R35 with the savings and spank the sucker that bought your 722?!

Comment

Originally posted by Muss View Post
                      Cheaper than that at Lordco..
                      God I miss Lordco!
                      Where abouts are you in Westbank? (sorry for goin' off topic)

Comment

Originally posted by doublejceballos View Post
                        lol
                        id wear them out once
                        then after market swap.
                        forget that junk
                        I cant see how they would be any better than some really great after market products for substantially less.
                        i doubt anyone will better the carbon ceramics found on it

Comment

I know the techs at my work that are certified to work on the SLRs don't get paid anymore than usual. They spend a lot more time on them though and usually check over everything no matter what its in for. There was one 722 that came in that I remember, sounds/looks nice but not worth the money, like almost all mercedes.
                          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by Braden @ JNS Imports View Post
                            That would not be for all 4 corners. Just front or back so 3-4 hours depending on the vehicle.
                            Correct!

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                            I know the techs at my work that are certified to work on the SLRs don't get paid anymore than usual. They spend a lot more time on them though and usually check over everything no matter what its in for. There was one 722 that came in that I remember, sounds/looks nice but not worth the money, like almost all mercedes.
                            Wow... seriously that sucks. If I'm gonna work to get my certification to work on the creme-de-la-creme of super cars the least I'd expect would be 5-10% higher than the flat rate. Everyone at our shop gets paid by the hour though, so I tend to double check everything. We're allowed to take our time, but my boss hates comebacks no matter what the reason. If I don't consciously remember torquing or cleaning anything, I check again

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfattak View Post
                              They should make a special episode of the price is right. Call it "the price is high"

"and you guessed an oil and filter change at $78 the actual retail price is.... $14 782.76"
                              YOU've just won a new car

my GF posing while in Monaco :P
                              Marc-André
                              _________
                              2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                              ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Working...
                              X