Originally posted by doublejceballos View Post
    who says

lets put it this way
    I hate the mclarens

ugly
    stupid
    dumb
    fast

but, (i dont think its third party companies, just mercedes) there have been a couple other models of the mclaren that I think are sick.
    very aggressive, they have basically taken a super car, and turned it into a race car, stolen some of the refinement and made a wet your pants beast out of it.

this car, is the perfect candidate to do the same thing. except it already looks and sounds nice out of the box.

edit here ARE some tuned ones. and I say why not? I hated this car before and if your a baller do it up. That the ballers from UAE, their exotics are hardly ever stock. Why should they just swap rims?

This one may still look like the batmobile but I would still rock it

and Im sure some of the people who buy LF-A's are going to want race versions http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...e-i_460x0w.jpg
    baller and tuned are completely different lol. but yes I understand what you're saying and I agree!
    I'm not trying to argue or talk anyone down so I'm just closing my mouth here and not letting any misunderstandings ruin another thread on GTRC

Comment

dont close your just close your mouth as to not ruin a thread.
      its a discussion thread.
      isnt that what people do?
      im dont get it.
      Originally posted by Oakville
      that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

Here's my take:

If I was one of the lucky few to own an LF-A, I would not even consider modifying it unless better parts came through Toyota itself. It's about perfectly tweaked from the factory anyway.

The A/M industry exists because cars lower on the ladder need upgrading. I doubt many A/M parts would be able to match the OEM components on the LF-A.

The car is $375,000 US. Toyota claims they are taking a loss on each one sold. Of course, if it was produced in higher volumes, it would be cheaper, but it still goes to show the amount of top-end materials and parts used.
        03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

You are right man. The car right out of the box is absolutely amazing.
          Someone out there though will either a) not find it aggressive enough (crazy i know)
          or b) not baller enough
          Originally posted by Oakville
          that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

Here's Jalopnik's take on the LF-A:

The 2011 Lexus LFA isn't the fastest car ever made, nor the most powerful or even the quickest to 60 MPH. It can't even match the ZR1 around the Nürburgring. So why will this Toyota cost nearly $400,000?

"The LFA's 500 lucky customers aren't buying bragging rights, they're buying the most comprehensively complete supercar package ever made."

After reading that, I'm starting to better understand why the car costs so damn much.

Comment

is it worht the $300 thoguh..... thats roughly the price of 2 audi R8, 3 brand new GTR or 5 isf s, 4 m3 s, or 8 evo X ......looks arent everything
              life is tough...wear a helmet

Comment

400, actually. I think you'll understand why if you read the piece by Jalopnik.

Comment

My parents, brother and sister went to the Tokyo Auto Show yesterday (why oh why did I opt to stay home instead of go to Japan).

Here are some pics of the LF-A my dad took at the show:

And finally, some sort of ice sculpture/clear resin mold:

Comment

Originally posted by aaronisonfire View Post
                    My parents, brother and sister went to the Tokyo Auto Show yesterday (why oh why did I opt to stay home instead of go to Japan).
                    You know you're nuts, right?

Nice shots, BTW. Car looks stunning.

Comment

Yea, I know. I totally forgot that the Tokyo Auto Show was taking place during the time they were going. I stayed home because I didn't want to spend the money to go :P Just been to Europe already this year.

I vow though to go to Japan in 2013-2014 to hand pick my 1999 R34 GTR.

Comment

Yea, I know. I totally forgot that the Tokyo Auto Show was taking place during the time they were going. I stayed home because I didn't want to spend the money to go :P Just been to Europe already this year.

I like this idea....

Add to calendar haha

Who am I kidding I probably won't be as infatuated with Skylines by that point. Maybe I will be. But probably not.
                        DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

I dunno man... It's been 3 years since I first drove one (and almost a year without owning one) and I still want to be behind the drivers seat. I think it'll always be one of those things that if I don't get another skyline I'll regret it one day.

Of course we'll have to see when I get there since there will be many different cars looking for a good home

Comment

group buy baby.. we'll do group flights and everything lol
                            ----------------------------------------------
                            widebody rb25 r32
                            Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
                            We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
                            ----------------------------------------------
                            friends of:
                            genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
                            Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

Originally posted by supguyex View Post
                              group buy baby.. we'll do group flights and everything lol
                              I wonder if sponsors could actually organize a group buy on cars. I'd be down. R34 group buy!

Comment

There's an BNR33 group buy...

No one bit.

I doubt they would on R34 either, although they are the pinnacle of the Skyline.
                                DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X