• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow
    replied
    Screw all y'all.

I might sell my whip this summer.

Just sayin'.

I would now but it needs a rad and is sitting on blocks. I'll enjoy it for a few months and then change **** up. Maybe FD. Maybe GTR. Maybe WRX. Who knows, who cares. We'll see if I get into what I want to do after school...

/randomness

Leave a comment:

• Muss
    replied
    Sorry, I'm completely taking away from what this thread's all about;

Screw fail fitment, screw elitist Skyline owners and screw everyone who isn't me.

Come at me GTRC.

Leave a comment:

• Muss
    replied
    Originally posted by falcon View Post
    Well that's all a personal choice. You may run them for years with many track/driftdays and never have an issue, or you may go into a 100KPH entry and have a spoke break. Not a chance I'm willing to take.
    I'd say you're taking that chance with any wheels you toss on, but as you say personal preference. I think alot of the pictures etc. have been taken out of context. My buddy Gavin smoked a curb while drifting, and his Rotas looked just like any other pictures I've seen of Rotas that have "exploded." Any wheel would have looked like that after hitting a curb w/ a force like he did. If we would have taken a picture, not explained it, and said; "Awhh Rotas explode" then you only get half the story.

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    Well that's all a personal choice. You may run them for years with many track/driftdays and never have an issue, or you may go into a 100KPH entry and have a spoke break. Not a chance I'm willing to take.

Leave a comment:

• Muss
    replied
    I've seen some Rota Grids in bad shape after a track day. That along with all of the stuff you see online about them makes me wary. There are no other wheels out there that have had as many failures as Rotas. I would only rock them as a winter wheel or something to throw snow tires on since they are cheap and look decent. I wouldn't do a track day on them. Not a chance.
    If they're good enough to get beat on in the BTCC or EDC, I can't see them being dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
    so it makes E100 fuel? That would be awesome. I wish we had E85 out here. Cheap race gas basically...

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by Muss View Post
    I have never fully undertood this hate on Rota deal. In Europe and the UK they are a perfectly legitimate brand, used often on top spec time attack cars and in the EDC. Including the DriftWorks team, 2008 champions. I'm all for buying "name brand" products, but I don't think Rota should have the rep it does over here.
    I've seen some Rota Grids in bad shape after a track day. That along with all of the stuff you see online about them makes me wary. There are no other wheels out there that have had as many failures as Rotas. I would only rock them as a winter wheel or something to throw snow tires on since they are cheap and look decent. I wouldn't do a track day on them. Not a chance.

Leave a comment:

• RABBIT
    replied
    saw this thought of falcon

Leave a comment:

• raijin-xiii
    replied
    Originally posted by Snow View Post
    I need to stop frequenting this thread to rid my ever evolving desire to sell the GTS-t and get an FD.

Then I remember how poor I am going to be for the next few months and everything seems to fall back into place.
    lol this.

Leave a comment:

• RABBIT
    replied
    ya, I know that FD. He was trying to sell it for a little while...

The one thing I can't get over is how much he's spent on the car, yet chooses to roll on Rotas. That I just don't get. But other than that it's a wicked car.
    just slap some stickers on em , no one will know the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Muss
    replied

The one thing I can't get over is how much he's spent on the car, yet chooses to roll on Rotas. That I just don't get. But other than that it's a wicked car.
    I have never fully undertood this hate on Rota deal. In Europe and the UK they are a perfectly legitimate brand, used often on top spec time attack cars and in the EDC. Including the DriftWorks team, 2008 champions. I'm all for buying "name brand" products, but I don't think Rota should have the rep it does over here.

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    I need to stop frequenting this thread to rid my ever evolving desire to sell the GTS-t and get an FD.

Then I remember how poor I am going to be for the next few months and everything seems to fall back into place.

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• M13
    replied
    looks sick.

Leave a comment:

• Muss
    replied
    Local FD: http://www.kelownacarlife.com/cgi-bi...=1226689753/60

Leave a comment:

Working...
X