Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrMango
    replied
    LS1s are awsome motors. I would slam one in any car, even with the cost its an amazing motor

Kyle

Leave a comment:

• tokes
    replied
    Because that sure isn't a 60 thousand dollar truck, bare minimum.

Leave a comment:

• cyberspyder
    replied
    Comeon, you need a prerunner:

Leave a comment:

• tokes
    replied
    The 99+ Silverados were good trucks. Nothing to write home about in terms of interior like fit and finish, but they get half decent gas mileage and can be pretty reliable. The LS1's are good motors.

Leave a comment:

• QuietChaos
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronisonfire View Post
    Yea I getcha, my car history is 66% German and 33% Japanese, 0% British. I wouldn't ever dream of buying a Range Rover for the 100 grand they cost new (or more) but for nearly 1/10th of what they were new, I'm not really opposed to buying one used.

While on trucks, I kinda like the way the Chevrolet Silverado looks, but that's looks only, no idea how it is as a car.

I've been giving some thought to what car I'll pick up next and right now I'm leaning towards suv more than skyline... If only an X6M was 10 grand by then

Speaking of Brit cars..I've always had a thing for the X308 XJR and XK X100. I know owning a Jag would empty out my wallet like nothing else, but they're so damn beautiful and masculine. The Brits don't do a lot right when they're building cars, but they sure can design some gorgeous looking ones.

X6M...the mere thought gets me excited. By now, you know better than to bring up BMW's when I'm around...

Leave a comment:

• NismoS-tune
    replied
    I like the Toyota trucks. I'm always thinking of bring in a turbo diesel toyota pickup or building one out of some poor kid's "it's broke and I can't fix it" older toyota pickup.

Oh, if you're looking for badass, diesel is the way to go if you have money. A coworker of mine has a 2007 (or 2006) Ford 4x4 1 ton truck. He put down nearly 1000 pounds of torque on a dyno. I don't know the details. I do know he's abuot 60-70k into it (includes the cost of the truck). It's got a huge lift, 4 door... My TRD Tacoma has a weakass 234hp engine but I almost get 28mpg lol.

Leave a comment:

• aaronisonfire
    replied
    Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
    I agree with CelicaKidd. British cars depreciate like nothing else for a reason. Parts are expensive, running costs are high, things break on a regular basis, most of them are outdated compared to German or Japanese competitors..

The ONLY thing Range Rover has going for it is the snob appeal.
    Yea I getcha, my car history is 66% German and 33% Japanese, 0% British. I wouldn't ever dream of buying a Range Rover for the 100 grand they cost new (or more) but for nearly 1/10th of what they were new, I'm not really opposed to buying one used.

While on trucks, I kinda like the way the Chevrolet Silverado looks, but that's looks only, no idea how it is as a car.

I've been giving some thought to what car I'll pick up next and right now I'm leaning towards suv more than skyline... If only an X6M was 10 grand by then

Leave a comment:

• QuietChaos
    replied
    I know you want a pick up truck, but I was surprised that a 2003 Range Rover HSE can be had for < $20,000 or a 1999 for the same price as a Skyline GTST!
    I agree with CelicaKidd. British cars depreciate like nothing else for a reason. Parts are expensive, running costs are high, things break on a regular basis, most of them are outdated compared to German or Japanese competitors..

The ONLY thing Range Rover has going for it is the snob appeal.

I'm not a big fan of trucks, but from what I've heard, I'd stay away from GM trucks, especially from the 80-90's. Okay, maybe a Typhoon or a Cyclone.

F-150 Lightning-not something you'd want to lift, but it's fast, and no one can tell.

Some old Toyota-yeah, we all saw the Top Gear segment.

Jeep Cherokee/Wrangler-look great with mods.

Leave a comment:

• CelicaKidd_205
    replied
    I know you want a pick up truck, but I was surprised that a 2003 Range Rover HSE can be had for < $20,000 or a 1999 for the same price as a Skyline GTST!
    The newer Range Rovers are awful. Definitely not something I would even think about taking off road, and even in normal driving they are awkward. The main thing I don't like about them is how huge they look outside, but how tiny the quarters are inside. And even if you do find one without air ride, they are not built to handle any kind of terrain other than asphalt.

Also x2 on whoever mentioned the repair bills. Had one in the shop that had a broken headlight lens, and to replace it cost just under $1600 in parts alone. Not to mention the air ride was acting up on it and the customer had already put nearly $4000 into fixing that...

There's a reason cars like that can be had for cheap!

Leave a comment:

• tokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolfattak View Post
    Get an old 12v cummins... those trucks can tow anything and are ultra reliable.

or an s10... can't really go wrong with an s10, reliable old mule of a truck. My friend has got an old s10 2wd v6 longbox, 280xxxks no rust, no mechanical issues and still hauls his dirtbikes and various other junk all where-ever he needs
    The only problem with those 12V trucks is everything else besides the engine sucks major major penis. Weak front ends, lots of electrical issues,a rough ride, auto transmissions suck, etc.

Also with a 12V you either tune it to run balls to the wall or leave it mostly stock.. There's no middle ground when you're running mechanical injection. Can't just press a button on a tuner like the 24V and CR trucks.

The initial price looks tiny, but the maintainance/repairs on that are still priced like it's an 80 thousand dollar SUV. And I wouldn't wish a range rover like that (or even a new one) on my worst enemy. Not exactly known for their reliability.

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    I like the Jeep. Although oil changes every 4000km, seems like your owning a turbocharged car.

If money was no object SRT-10 -

A little homage to the sharpest and fastest production truck in the world. This baby is really pounding the pavement.

Or Ford Lightning -

Or any truck with bigblock V8. Chew the gas, heavy, but good for making hp.

Downunder the Nissan mini truck is popular for low riding -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

or

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
    These are awesome. I had two 2x4's, one V6 and one 4 banger. Don't do the four banger...

They were both 5 spd. The V6 actually did really well in the snow because you could do some magic with clutch work and gearing. The 4 banger sucked because it had no torque and just spun the tires on anything other than bone dry pavement since there was no weight in the back-end.

My step brother had an 06, 4" lift with 33" tires (4x4 obviously). Was badass. Got through ANYTHING. I took it out on my bday last year and ripped around in like 3+ft of snow. Some jeep cherokee got caught in the middle of the street, so instead of digging it out the owner left it blocking the way and just went inside... so I went over his lawn, including the 4-5ft high wall of snow that was beside his driveway. The thing didn't even hesitate.

Whenever I go up to Stave Lake in Mission, the best trucks I find out there both in the trails and the mud are the Rangers. Hell my V6 made it through some crazy ****. The big trucks don't make it through the tight trails, and are a bitch on gas...

Another thing as well is that I find the Ranger motors to be very stout. I had the V6 truck for 65k kms (Bought it at 240k, drove it til 305k)and I changed the oil twice. TWICE. You know how I knew to change the oil? When I took a hard corner (curved on-ramp for example) and the oil pressure dropped to 0 and the light came on because it was all sludge hanging up against the side of the oil pan... Then I knew it was time to get an oil change.

I later sold it to someone on the island. He still thanks my mother all the time for finding him the truck because he claims it's bullet proof. He bombs around on the farm all day and not a single problem.

We currently have an Infinit QX4. 4x4 is great. Heated leather is nice. But I can't justify taking it in the bush or having any fun with it. Some can be had for as low as $8k I've seen though (high kms however).

Leave a comment:

• cyberspyder
    replied
    Cummins Kore Dodge.

Leave a comment:

• Murphy
    replied
    I have a Dakota.

Don't get a Dakota

Leave a comment:

• aaronisonfire
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X