other jdm awd car experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_melen View Post
    why are you set on jdm? cuz it's jdm tyte yo?
    get a 2g eagle talon/mitsubishi eclipse, i work on them every day and they're great. you can hit 1100hp on a 4 cylinder if you ever want to drag it, and its parts are cheap.
    that made me lol... i think he wants a car he can drive, not something he can work on every day :P :P tee hee

i myself have thought about adding a jdm awd to my mix to replace my current usdm craptastic neon and crapalier, ive looked into the pulsarGTiR and the only downside i saw to them was there close gear ratios which are not too friendly for highway and fuel economy... i also like the gt4 since its also a hatchback... i want a lil 2dr hatch so i can blast my ear drums damn sedans arent as loud...
    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
    \'90 GTR32

Comment

Pulsar GTi-R's are hard to work on due to tight engine bay. I noticed to get at starter motor requires removing intercooler, etc to get at back of engine bay while car is on the ground.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
        Pulsar GTi-R's are hard to work on due to tight engine bay. I noticed to get at starter motor requires removing intercooler, etc to get at back of engine bay while car is on the ground.
        but thats only if you keep the heatsoaked topmount intercooler... the no.1 mod on every gtir owners list is upgrading to a fmic... or at least it should be

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
        \'03 Dodge SX2.0
        \'90 GTR32

Comment

what have i learned from being on this site? that skylines rock, and that having a RHD car doesn't make you cool.
          i understand that it's fun at first to be on the right side of the car, but if you've already got a skyline i don't know why you'd be so desperate for another rhd.
          I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Well you cant get WRX or Evo from the 90's that arent RHD..
            Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
              but thats only if you keep the heatsoaked topmount intercooler... the no.1 mod on every gtir owners list is upgrading to a fmic... or at least it should be
              imo doing regula maitnence on a GTIR is pretty tricky. well clutch ect.
              id go with a pulsar.

Comment

Originally posted by m_melen View Post
                what have i learned from being on this site? that skylines rock, and that having a RHD car doesn't make you cool.
                i understand that it's fun at first to be on the right side of the car, but if you've already got a skyline i don't know why you'd be so desperate for another rhd.
                Because you can't get these cars lhd. Jdm cars have little to no mileage, are usually in mint condition, and you get a very good deal on them.
                -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

Originally posted by JDMricer View Post
                  worried about how most subarus are junk and very expensive to maintain.
                  so so sooooo confused

EDIT: Supplemental: http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/subaru/impreza/1995/
                  or http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/subaru/impreza/ to pick your year. look on the left to see how many people were happy with their cars. also note the reliability scores out of 10 on each individual review.

Comment

Originally posted by love_boost View Post
                    imo doing regula maitnence on a GTIR is pretty tricky. well clutch ect.
                    id go with a pulsar.
                    but doing clutch work isnt exactly regular maintenece now is it? :P

as for why id go for another jdm... well there are no north american equiv's sure you can get a na lhd celica gt4, but good luck finding one that isnt ratbagged with a billion miles for cheaper than you can find a jdm with around 80k kms...

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                    \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                      but doing clutch work isnt exactly regular maintenece now is it? :P

as for why id go for another jdm... well there are no north american equiv's sure you can get a na lhd celica gt4, but good luck finding one that isnt ratbagged with a billion miles for cheaper than you can find a jdm with around 80k kms...
                      No you can't get GT-Fours here. You can get the Celica All-Trac running from years 1987-1993 (Gen 4 and 5) but they are quite de-tuned compared to the GT-Four. By the 6 Gen of the Celica they discontinued the All-Trac moniker and only the GT and GT-S models were available here.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMricer View Post
                        Because you can't get these cars lhd. Jdm cars have little to no mileage, are usually in mint condition, and you get a very good deal on them.
                        that's pure ********. I'm guessing you haven't seen half the rhd pos on the roads.

He's on the RHD bandwagon

I say mid 90's 5.0 stang. You can buy one for $5000 and dump another $5000 and it would pretty much kill anything JDM in the same price range.
                        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by starboy869 View Post
                          that's pure ********. I'm guessing you haven't seen half the rhd pos on the roads.

He's on the RHD bandwagon

I say mid 90's 5.0 stang. You can buy one for $5000 and dump another $5000 and it would pretty much kill anything JDM in the same price range.
                          I'm guessing you haven't seen what, 98% of North American market cars that are older than 2 years. Also a Foxbody GT is not worth $5000 unless it's absolutely mint which is next to impossible to find hence the nickname "Rustang". The only one I've seen here that doesn't look like crap is built up as a street legal drag car and sits in a garage 8 months of the year. Also the whole idea of AWD is that you can drive it when the weather is crappy, the next time you find a Foxbody in near mint condition that can keep up with my ST205 in a snowstorm and yet is only worth $10000, please let me know so I can look at it's hideous, boxy, uninspired body.

No offence to the muscle car guys, I truely respect some of the classic rods that could cook the pants of the JDM guys in a 1/4 mile, but stay in your corner.

Comment

Originally posted by CelicaKidd_205 View Post
                            No you can't get GT-Fours here. You can get the Celica All-Trac running from years 1987-1993 (Gen 4 and 5) but they are quite de-tuned compared to the GT-Four. By the 6 Gen of the Celica they discontinued the All-Trac moniker and only the GT and GT-S models were available here.
                            my bad... i was under the impression the all-trac was basically the same thing as the gt4... in any case... i wouldnt get the na version

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                            \'90 GTR32

Comment

Haha, cause a foxbody mustang is a good winter car lol. Try reading the intial post before contributing. As per the rhd/lhd thing, ya I know there is rhd cars that are junk too but obviously you haven't been to a decent importer. I ended up buying a gt4, which is clean as hell, I could literally eat off the bottom of it and not a speck of rust anywhere. Even when you factor in the getting raped by the cops and getting the car impounded it was still a good deal compared to any equivelant north American car.
                              -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

Well how many 15 year old imports are still in decent condition that haven't been riced out or rusted out?

I think the op should be open to more option than the RHD bandwagon. The mid 90's eagle talon is a real diamond in the rough. One friend has a pretty sweet one that been dyno just over 500hp.

My toys are 1990 GTR, 1980 Trans am, 1995 Civic 3.2Lv6, plus I have my daily drivers.
                                Of all the cars I have I hate my GTR. Nothing but trouble from the cops, and just everyday driving. Hell my civic that steals a gtr lunch money with it's intake and cylinder heads sticking out of the hood line does't get hassle by the cops.

It's ok. I'm all for the 25 year rule to be reinstated in Canada / Ontario.
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X