Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea man letter rip man, just please dont do it downtown.....
    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

It happens when I'm wide open. Injector #4 has a tiny leak in it as well, so I'm gonna get new injectors and a fuel filter. It's getting close to the end of the season and the wife has put a stop to any more spending on the for the year, so I'm gonna just wait till spring and see if I can solve my issues. It's just kind of a bummer that I didn't get a little bit of thrashing done today.
      1992 Skyline GTR - Garage Queen
      2009 Dodge Caravan - Woopee
      1989 240sx - Rusty Beater
      1979 Nomad Skyline - 23' Camper Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Snake556 View Post
        Burnouts aren't the best for your transmission, but one here and there really isn't that much of an issue. But falcon, it IS his car. He's gonna do what he wants lol
        I'm just looking out for him. If he takes it the wrong way, that's not my fault. Stock R32 GTR drivetrain is NOT strong and will NOT hold up to repeated "launching." Some have been lucky and never had an issue, but many others have not.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by Gordoskin View Post
          First of all, it does have low km's, and doesn't get abused. Second, I'm not gonna thrash the **** out of it, I'm just gonna have some fun. My fun is getting postponed because I didn't budget enough time to do it today what with taking the kids out trick or treating and prepping for halloween. And falcon I'm old enough to know better, and young enough to do it again. Just because I wanna have some fun with MY toy doesn't automatically make me some punk teenager. If **** breaks, I'll fix it, no big deal, just look at the thread title. Starboy are you insinuating that if I damage it, I'll sell it in a dishonest way? Nice to see how quick you are to pass judgment on someone you know nothing about. On that note, happy halloween everybody, stay safe and have a good time.
          Hey man, hope you didn't take it the wrong way. Just letting you know it's not really a good idea. IF you're going to burn off the rubber don't hard launch it. Do a brake stand and slowly slip the clutch out to get the rear wheels spinning.

TROL

Comment

I did the compression test. 148/148/148/145/145/145, SWEET. Changed the spark plugs and went for a little drive. Still get some hesitation/stuttering between around 5500 and 6000 RPM. Do you guys think my plugs aren't cold enough, or are my coilpacks on their last legs? In light of this, I think it would be pointless to pull the restrictor until I get some new coils. Anybody care to give their opinion on the matter? Maybe my fun isn't gonna happen till spring and I should just change the oil and let her sleep till next season.
            Clean your MAF's, clean your IAC and check the resistance of your coils. Chances are they are not your coils, but if they are just gap your plugs 1 or 2 points closer together for now.

TROL

Comment

It happens when I'm wide open. Injector #4 has a tiny leak in it as well, so I'm gonna get new injectors and a fuel filter. It's getting close to the end of the season and the wife has put a stop to any more spending on the for the year, so I'm gonna just wait till spring and see if I can solve my issues. It's just kind of a bummer that I didn't get a little bit of thrashing done today.
              No need for new injectors. Go to Nissan and buy new o-rings. And don't boost when you have an injector leak... that's asking for your engine to run lean and blowz up.

TROL

Comment

Depends. Most GTR Injectors leak where the top meets the body (Yellow cap meets silver/black body). When the internal seals fail, it sends gas this way due to its internal pressure and inability to seal internally.

It's a not a sufficient leak to cause any serious issues but it should be addressed, and it's annoying in the summer when the cabin wreaks of gas.
                Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

I don't smell any gas when I'm driving, so maybe the leak is really small. Falcon, I didn't mean to come off as taking you the wrong way, I just felt a little insulted by the other post of me selling the car under false pretenses. Thanks for your advise guys, this spring I'll have the car in tip top shape if everything goes my way.

Comment

I bought the bkr6eix-11 plugs from crappy tire because of the sale that was mentioned earlier. I also bought a compression tester. I changed every fluid about 2 weeks ago and am ready to push my baby a little bit. All of my old sparkplugs looked pretty clean. #3 was the dirtiest of them all. My plan is to do a compression test in the morning, put in new plugs, pull restrictor, and see what happens. Assuming nothing blows up when I do 1 or 2 launches, I will pull my AWD fuse and light er up and burn whats left off my rears. My brother in law's girlfriend is gonna take some vids and pics and I am super stoked for tomorrow. I guess I just wanted to vent my excitement to people that give a f*ck, facebook sucks.
                    lol i love these retards!!!! yea boy your 20 year old parts will be perfect to get the **** bagged outta em! go for it faggot!

Comment

Guys!!!! Chill out, he's just haven fun and already said he would fix his car if anything breaks.

If he was some spoiled 18 year old doing this, yah maybe we should freak, but he just wants to enjoy his gtr the way it was originally designed for......

Flat out good ole tire destroying action!!!

If I had a gtr or a skyline at all, I wouldn't hesitate to do the same, in a safe secure environment mind you. Get those vids up!!!
                      Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by JSharp View Post
                        lol i love these retards!!!! yea boy your 20 year old parts will be perfect to get the **** bagged outta em! go for it faggot!
                        No need to disrespect. Seriously.

I can smell winter is coming, people should start putting their flame suits on.
                        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by JSharp View Post
                          I thought I was on you tube for a second there. You must be pretty cool to go and bash someone through teh interwebs. Get a life loser and stay outta my thread if your gonna be a douchebag. Got a day off today, so I'm gonna regap my plugs and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Just say **** it and do a huge burn out anyways. When the engine, clutch, transmission, u joints, diff just drop the $$ to fix it with some over night parts from japan.
                            Chris

Comment

"over night" parts from japan lol i like it
                              - Adam

:
                              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

oh boy mods are gonna have a field day with this thread.

Some users need to grow up.

OP, have fun man, it's your car.

Comment

Working...
                                X