Help me find a daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a daily driver

So, I'm in the market for a new car to use as a daily. I have a pretty closed mind in regards to what I want and figured to post up here to get some more of those "quirky" ideas.

Ideally a 2 door. FWD or RWD. So far I'm either thinking a Civic, ZX3 Focus or a MK3 Golf. Looking to spend no more than $3000.

Off we go now....

List of all international craigslist.org online classifieds sites

TROL

I'd go with a Volvo or legacy wagon.
    But u don't service and 2 doors?hmmm
    Tercel all the way one of the best Dd Toyota evermade.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

shitvic

i'd go with a legacy wagon too
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

I've owned a couple vw's.

1)1995 2.0L Golf GTi
        2) 1985 1.8L GOlf GL

Both were really reliable, cheap on gas and easy to maintain. Check out the link, vwvortex (Canadian Classifieds- http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisp...assifieds-Cars)

Also,

My dad drives a 2001 honda civic and all his does is change the oil lol. With the lack of maintenance .. that car is still reliable, good on gas and last a LIFE time!.

Hope this helps

Comment

I always suggest a vehicle with warranty and low KMs for DD so you know it's always reliable (or the dealership gets your a rental on the fly if it does go down). I swap DDs every 3-4 years so I get about 60-75% of the value back towards the new ride. Always reliable. Also, if you pay off the new vehicle fast, the next one is cheaper. That's how I have no debt on new vehicles.

Anyways, if you're set on spending a limit of a few Gs, definately a tercel civic or corolla.
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

My previous DDs were a Corolla and 2 x Tercels. By far the best bang for buck cars I've ever had.

I got my first Tercel free with a blown motor, went to the scrap yard and bought a motor for 300$. That one lasted me 6 years, and the car didn't cost me more than 600$ in maintenance/repairs/tires (including the 300$ for the motor). Bought 8 sets of tires for 80$ at the scrap yard also and they lasted 6 years haha.

However, be aware that Tercels burn oil like mad (all the valve seals end up drying up), so you need to top off oil once a month or so (I bought the cheap cheap cheap oil for a cheap cheap cheap car , like 10$ a gallon).

My second Tercel cost me 500$, kept it for 4 years, and I traded it in at the dealership and I made them give me 500$ for it. :P
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

honda's last forever.. but you can get a 2.0l mk4 golf for what you're looking to spend with decent mileage 150-160k ..I know around here you can
              My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Go for a civic. Being like the rest of our community having a couple of projects on the go civic would be great for you. They are very cheap and easy to maintain and also drive forever. For the money your looking to spend you could get a good option for a civic
                Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

civic!!! i have always been a honda guy. I picked up my 91 civic 4 door for 500 bucks 1.5l runs good and gets me 35mpg while im building my gtr you cant beat the civics realibility/fuel economy. and if anything ever does break parts are cheap!!!!
                  1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

id say old honda. civic or even the accord i have isnt too bad. '90 sedan and it gets decent gas mileage, ive put 50k on in 2 years and havent had any issues
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Current winter DD is a 90' Corolla which has been amazing. Picked it for $400 last spring and put in maybe $500. That included clutch (badly needed), brakes all around, 4 tires ($22 each), muffler, O2 sensor, alternator, wires, plugs and all the oil changes I have done.

Doesn't burn oil, doesn't leak oil, gets insane gas mileage, starts every time at -30 and is comfortable/easy to drive. Not exactly a good looking car but for under a grand its hard to say bad things especially considering no maintenance will be needed for a long time to come.
                      Last edited by JNS Performance; 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM.
                      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                      1969 Cooper S. Restored
                      1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Bought a DSM as my winter beater. '95 Eagle Talon TSi. AWD, turbo. $40 to fill up(Silver grade) and that lasts a week or so. My Corvette took $80-90 to fill up and it got half the mileage of the DSM.
                        03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

or get a older crv !I bought mine for 2600$ 5spd with 250 000kms no rust nothing , it has 280 000 now .It drinks like a civic and I beat the crap out of it offroading and never had an issue.
                          My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

If your looking for UBER cheap, you could try a 3 cyl. geo. The car is not pretty, or fast, or cool by any sense of the word, but they are reliable! I picked one up as my DD in the hight of the economic boom so I paid more than what it was worth, but in the 3-4 years I have had it, I have only had to change the oil, and replace/ tighten the alternator belt. I just picked up brand new front rotors and pads for both corners from Lordco and the total was less than $60. Fill up on regular gas is less than $30 and I get 400 K to the tank mostly city driving. I have an exhaust leak, and a sub in the hatch so I could be getting better milage, but it doesn't bother me.
                            Originally posted by victoriaGTR
                            tire smoke makes my wiener tingle.

Comment

For DD/Winter duty I rely on my E60 M5. Great in the snow and the V10 can pull you out of anything!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Working...
                              X