Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The nerve of some people on this forum.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nerve of some people on this forum.....

I thought this needed to be shared, so here it is.

A member on this forum named DJ had a forsale post here:

In it he mentions he has a Chibi wing. I was interested and decided to text him. This is what followed:

*I HAVE BLOCKED OUT ALL OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BUT NOT HIS AS I FEEL PEOPLE NEED TO DO KNOW WHO HE IS INCASE PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH HIM*

So all of a sudden I get a text message saying the wing is damaged....ok:

Here is a picture of the damage he was talking about:

As you can see, its not bad. I was a bit reluctant but I went with it. I paid his asking price and I didn't haggle as you can see. Since it was so fragile, I was afraid about shipping damage and I brought it up with DJ.

So he shipped it out, sent the tracking, all is well. I get it a few days later and sure enough there is shipping damage. I texted him, just to let him know, I wasn't looking for a refund.

Here is a picture of the damage, as you can see its pretty bad:

So the conversation continues, he said it was insured for $100 and for me to claim it. Seems like a good idea:

So I got all his information and filed the claim. Soon after I get a text form his saying that HE got the refund instead of me. He says he will emt it to me. I even tell him to send 98.50 instead of $100 since it costs $1.50 for an emt.

A couple of days pass and still no emt. so I decided to text him:

1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

I decided to take the wing to a moulder and get copies to sell. Meanwhile, he starts on about how he deserves the refund because I am making money from it and he sold it to me at a low price, yadda yadda:

Basically he wants the refund from Fedex because:
    1) He didn't charge me enough for shipping
    2) Iam making money from it
    3) this is all unfair to him

Can someone please tell me HOW he deserves that refund? I PAID for the wing exactly what he was asking for it, and now its my property. I can do with it whatever I please.

He says he has sent the emt for the money but well see. Iam calling fedex on Monday if its here by then

Anyway, Just BE CAREFUL when dealing with him.

End rant

Comment

he doesnt deserve it there is no difference if you bought the wing, got it in the mail in fine shape, then made copies and sold it. its your wing not his you paid for it and now since it got damaged he thinks he deserves 200 dollars. 100 for the wing and now another hundred from the damage. you deserve the 100 because you got a broken wing thats going to cost even more to fix. DJ owes you that money
      Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

dang.. sorry to hear bro.. But yeah YOU deserve the money as YOU didnt not get the item in the agreed condition.

I just dont get why fedex re-imburse him instead of you..

Comment

Got to love his logic, I get an extra 100 bux because you get a broken wing. What a douche.
          Regards,
          Ken.

Bayside Blue '89 HCR32 RB22 "MORE POWA"
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/49160-kens-1989-babyzilla.html
          Blue '14 Mazda CX-5 - GF's Grocery Getter
          White '10 Mazda 3 - Daily Driver

Comment

I've dealt with DJ lots, bought parts from him like 5 different times. He has good prices, honest about the condition of the parts he sells and has always been fair to deal with. If DJ gives a full refund on the part, then he should receive his broken part back (that's common sense). Once he does the refund on the Chibi spoiler, the part he sold becomes his property again. If the person who bought the Chibi spoiler is willing to send DJ's part back to him, then he should receive the full refund. Otherwise DJ should hold the refund until the defective property has been returned to him. Once his property is back in his possession, then he should honour the agreement to refund his money.
            Here is a off topic example. If you go to future shop and buy a defective TV from them. In order to get a refund you must bring the defective TV back along with the receipt. It would be wrong to keep the broken part, and expect a full refund on top. That is straight logic, no B.S. I think DJ should receive his broken part back, and then do the refund. There are always two sides to a disagreement , and you must look at both sides to base an opinion .
            Ian

Comment

ok that makes no sense if dj was to get his part back dj should give up the 100 from the postal service and the 100 that the op gave him for the part
              Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I love how this community has turned out, making a thread about a situation which has been delt with.
                I guess i'm a bad person to deal with...Check my Itrader

P.S thanks Ian.
                My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

WTF... People make me laugh.
                  03 lancer dead
                  68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                  05 chevy silverado L33
                  2010 crv Wife's ride
                  1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

From what I understand shipping insurance is to protect the buyer and not the seller. The seller already received payment for a item, and the buyer expects an item in a certain condition. If the item is received by the buyer damaged or not as the seller advertised then the insurance is there to insure that the buyer receives fair compensation for the part. I could see if the buyer wanted his part back it could be arranged if he had a new product to replace the old broken one he sent, and paid for the shipping back to his address. Since this is not the case, the broken spoiler should be considered a loss and the money returned to the buyer. The seller still got $100 for a broken spoiler, and the buyer paid nothing for a busted up spoiler.
                    Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 03-06-2011, 06:40 PM.
                    Regards,
                    Ken.

Bayside Blue '89 HCR32 RB22 "MORE POWA"
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/49160-kens-1989-babyzilla.html
                    Blue '14 Mazda CX-5 - GF's Grocery Getter
                    White '10 Mazda 3 - Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo_line View Post
                      he doesnt deserve it there is no difference if you bought the wing, got it in the mail in fine shape, then made copies and sold it. its your wing not his you paid for it and now since it got damaged he thinks he deserves 200 dollars. 100 for the wing and now another hundred from the damage. you deserve the 100 because you got a broken wing thats going to cost even more to fix. DJ owes you that money
                      Thanks, I agree.

Originally posted by flipridah17 View Post
                      dang.. sorry to hear bro.. But yeah YOU deserve the money as YOU didnt not get the item in the agreed condition.

I just dont get why fedex re-imburse him instead of you..
                      That I do not understand either. Might have been a clerical error of some kind.

Originally posted by playtime View Post
                      I've dealt with DJ lots, bought parts from him like 5 different times. He has good prices, honest about the condition of the parts he sells and has always been fair to deal with. If DJ gives a full refund on the part, then he should receive his broken part back (that's common sense). Once he does the refund on the Chibi spoiler, the part he sold becomes his property again. If the person who bought the Chibi spoiler is willing to send DJ's part back to him, then he should receive the full refund. Otherwise DJ should hold the refund until the defective property has been returned to him. Once his property is back in his possession, then he should honour the agreement to refund his money.
                      Here is a off topic example. If you go to future shop and buy a defective TV from them. In order to get a refund you must bring the defective TV back along with the receipt. It would be wrong to keep the broken part, and expect a full refund on top. That is straight logic, no B.S. I think DJ should receive his broken part back, and then do the refund. There are always two sides to a disagreement , and you must look at both sides to base an opinion .
                      Ian
                      I don't think you understand whats happening here.
                      DJ got the check from Fedex that I was supposed to get since I was the receiver of the item. I collected all the info. I filed the claim FOR ME. Fedex sent him the check by mistake. Now he is claiming that check is his money. I never asked for a refund of the money that I paid him. That's his money, I am not arguing that. I am saying he should give back the money that I am owed from Fedex....is that wrong?

Originally posted by DJ View Post
                      I love how this community has turned out, making a thread about a situation which has been delt with.
                      I guess i'm a bad person to deal with...Check my Itrader

P.S thanks Ian.
                      How has it been dealt with? I still don't have your emt. Itrader is meaningless, I have tons of buy and sells on this forum and have never kept up with the itrader.

Comment

Exactly and thats why I told him I would refund him the money.Dumbest thread, Some people love to be in the spot light .

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
                          Exactly and thats why I told him I would refund him the money.Dumbest thread, Some people love to be in the spot light .
                          You know what, I have been nothing but nice to you in handling this.
                          Why the F**K would I send you the part back? I never asked for a refund for the original payment, did I? I fully paid what you were asking for it.
                          I want the money that Fedex MISTAKENLY sent you which was MEANT FOR ME and now you somehow CLAIMING its yours?
                          Yea spotlight indeed.........
                          Last edited by aN4rk1; 03-06-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

No need to get rowdy pal, you can keep yapping away if you would like but I told you I would send you the money.

Cheers
                            Last edited by DJ; 03-06-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

ive talked to dj several times and hes always up front and seems like a great guy. honestly in this situation you both have valid points. why should you get a spoiler for free? and since your getting it for free dj is just trying to cover his shipping expences since he gave you a deal on it and since your getting it for free. i really dont think 40 bucks is worth arguing over in either of your cases.
                              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                              X