Starting a gas war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a gas war

Although most of us on this forum purchase gas from chevron, mohawk or shell this information could prove powerful and useful.
    This was sent to me from a friend who likes cheap gas too..

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER LITRE.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Haliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
    This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
    It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 1.50 a litre by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
    The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ..

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
    BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.18 at SUNOCO and ESSO for regular unleaded in Hamilton and Ottawa and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $.87 to ..99, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

We CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the tow biggest companies (which now are one), SUNOCO (PETRO CANADA) and ESSO.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of SUNOCO (PETRO CANADA) and ESSO gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
    If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we
    can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA)/ESSO UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $.79 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
    Last edited by nismo-152; 04-04-2011, 08:11 PM. Reason: spell

hmm this could work even thou i already fill up at coop!
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

costco gas ftw in bellingham less than 90 cents per liter
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

btw esso sells to other gas companies.

Comment

Saddens me that for those of us in Quebec, Petro-Can's 94 is our only option for the moment.

Getting a re-tune for 91 V-power in 2 or 3 weeks though so I'm on board. I like the idea and believe it should essentially work.
          The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo_line View Post
            hmm this could work even thou i already fill up at coop!
            Just an FYI Co-op buys gas from other refineries, When I worked there I was notified by my manager that they would rotate suppliers based on who had the lowest price and he had mentioned they do regular business with Esso and Husky etc, basically Co-op gas is re-branded gas from other refineries.

Comment

ya i know that but if others buy there and not esso then esso will still drop their prices
              Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Here's a plan, Huskey/Mohawk is the only Canadian owned fuel supplier left, just buy from them (I know that's a little hard if you don't have them in your area) and you should make a serious dent in Esso's profit margin (because they do supply alot of "no-name" places like Safeway, Crappy Tire, Costco.......etc).

I buy from them partly because their fuel is the best and partly because they are Canadian......Eh? (lame).

Jon.
                Last edited by Dragon Humper; 04-04-2011, 10:42 PM.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

That is a good plan but how long will this last for? Is it really worth the effort? Say we continue to buy from the husky or whatever gas station eventually we will buy from them again correct? If this is the case then we eventually be at the same stand point we are now. If this is something you guys think will work for the long run then hey I'm in, but currently I am doubtful that this will work!
                  Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Letting the oil companies dictate the market, speculate inflation based on future instability in oil rich regions is just getting to be a little much.

A little fire under the seats of these price dictators couldn't hurt.
                    At the least it would be interesting to see the effect "the people" could have if this has some follow through.

I am not going to be to thrilled when prices hit 1.50l and then take the next jump to 2.00l.

Im going to stick to it

Comment

This won't work sadly and so many things have been tried but failed. I spent about $70 a month on gas by taking the bus to work for the last 9 years and I'm not alone there either but this is the way the world turns. The value of money increases which does the same to everything around it. I get a %4 raise every year because of inflation (which is not enough) and therefore everything else increases, including gas. Too many people can't live without gassing up regularly. Even if you buy from Extra foods or safeway, Esso is still making money.
                      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                      lol

Comment

Working in the oil industry I can personally guarantee you that this makes absolutely no difference. Consumer oil consumption is laughable, they could care less.

US military spends $55 mil on gas each DAY (300,000 barrels of oil a day)... Average consumer $3750 in a YEAR max (25 thousand km in a 10L/100km vehicle at $1.50/L)...
                        Last edited by hozer; 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM. Reason: Cause I'm dumb and can't multiply correctly
                        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

I'm down for this, but we need the gov't. to step in and regulate gas prices. They're stupidly high now, and why? Because the oil companies can put any price they want on them. It's ridiculous. It has to stop, but everyone's too lazy or too "ohhh, it won't work, so why even bother?" Shoot this to news agencies, send it to friends, we have to do SOMETHING to get gas prices lowered...
                          Originally posted by kengeroo
                          that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                          ...don't drink and ebay
                          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Snake556 View Post
                            They're stupidly high now, and why? Because the oil companies can put any price they want on them.
                            Wrong... Prices are high because the world consumes 85billion barrels of it every day
                            Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                            hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Originally posted by hozer View Post
                              Working in the oil industry I can personally guarantee you that this makes absolutely no difference. Consumer oil consumption is laughable, they could care less.

US military spends $55 mil on gas each DAY (300,000 barrels of oil a day)... Average consumer $3750 in a YEAR max (25 thousand km in a 10L/100km vehicle at $1.50/L)...

get 5 million people to boycott gas for an entire year and you'd still spend less than what only the US mil spends a day
                              Canadian consumers in 2010 used 2.151 million barrels of oil a day. United states is around 20.8 million a day. Im not sure if that includes military usage or not.

Today oil is 108.00 a barrel. 300,000 barrels would then cost 32,4000,000.
                              Im not trying to start a battle on gtrc but these are the figures.

Comment

Working...
                              X