I hope it dosen't blow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope it dosen't blow up

Dyno time tomorrow bright and early. Lets see how much I can step it up over the previous 230whp with the new intake manifold, injectors, and smaller blower pulley.

The motor started out looking so pretty but the more I try to squeeze out of it, the messier and more thrown together it looks. Oh well... it's fast, that's all that matters. Guy asked me today if it had a 5.0L in it. Yes, my cams are that aggressive.
    Last edited by falcon; 07-25-2011, 03:04 AM.

TROL

Falcon, that thing is pure sex. I'm interested to know how much power you're squeezing out of that thing!
    Originally posted by kengeroo
    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
    ...don't drink and ebay
    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Well if it runs as good as it looks I'm sure you will do just fine.
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

It made 223WHP at 14PSI on a dyna pack originally. Today I made 235 on Racing Greed's Mustang dyno which I'm told reads about 15% lower than the dynapack. So ballpark 40whp gain over before. This from 1PSI increase at the top end and a new intake manifold.

TROL

Comment

Please tell me you have a build thread somewhere...
          I drive a Honda...

Comment

TROL

Comment

My parental units own a 90 miata (which I seem to have adopted, and that I drive around) I love it so much, For 1K it could be mine then I could start a build similar to yours. Beautiful car!
              I drive a Honda...

Comment

Falcon I don't know what your budget is like but if the motor goes throw in a 4 rotor single turbo motor. That might get a couple hp out of there for you

Comment

Lol, I think the motor will be fine. It was more of a sarcastic post. The whole motor is fully built bottom end/head/cams/porting/balancing etc. etc. I need to get an ATI damper so I can rev it to 9k. The motor really wanted to keep going with this new intake manifold.

I'm finished with rotaries. The only way I would go back to an RX7 is if I built an N/A 20b.

TROL

Comment

TROL

Comment

I wouldn't mind a 20b but seriously after all that I've gone through with motors and such having a na motor prolly wouldn't do it for me unless it was an old muscle car with ridiculous displacement. 20b with a t88 or a 4 rotor with a gt42 would be absolutely unreal falcon. That's what I would do if my bank account was endless. But we all know it's not so back to real life now.

Definitely cool though. That thing must handle awesome!

Comment

They're squeezing 400whp out of N/A 20b's these days. That's enough for me. FD's weigh the same as Miatas and my car hauls already with the 230whp.

TROL

Comment

That's awesome. I imagine that supercharger helps out a little on the bottom end. What kinda tire do you have on there to get the power down

Comment

Very nice! And impressive power figures.

Funny looking Skyline though :P Moving to OT
                            Sign up for GTRC Premium Membership and get 2 of the new GT-R Canada stickers!
                            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/general-skyline-discussion/45662-gtrc-premium-membership.html#post437410

Comment

Ahh always loved this build.. Good stuff man. Great work as usual.
                              Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                              www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                              Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                              Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Working...
                              X