Any other android lovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other android lovers?

Well today was a day i've been waiting for, for over a year. My plan with MTS finally ran out and I was able to get a real phone lol.

I've never liked the iPhone, and BB/ RIM has been a joke for a while now. That plus playing around with a co-workers phone (Galaxy S), i've been looking forward to owning an Android phone for a while now.

I couldn't upgrade because MTS carry's almost no Android devices, So I waited my contract out and today I switched to Rogers, and picked up the HTC evo 3D for free and I must say it's a pretty slick device! It runs so smoothly, the customization is endless, widgets are awesome, the screen is amazing, and to my surprise the 3d feature is actually pretty sick.

So far i'm very happy with my decision, was wondering if there were other android lovers on our forum.

Anthony
    Originally posted by Paradis
    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Should have have waited. I think the droid razr is coming to rogers soon and the new galaxy nexus should be coming to canada soon but not sure which carrier will have it.

btw-Im running a samsung galaxy s2

Comment

I hate my android phone! I'm hoping to pick up a new iPhone 4s in the coming weeks!

My cars:
      1996 BCNR33 GT-R
      1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

I've never honestly used an Android phone before (I'm iPhone all the way) but my coworker keeps going on and on about some new phone thats coming out. I'm going to have to check it out and see what all the fuss is about.
        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

- Android market is cheaper (most stuff is free actually)
          - Android's coding is open source
          - iPhone's are generally more expensive vs leading competitors in HTC / Samsung equivalents
          - iPhone flexibility is inexistent (apple want's total control over the product and you, and they build it so you become dependant of apple...marketing wise it's a good thing for them...but for us the consumer it is not.)
          - Androids are inconsistent because of the flexibility and open source nature of the OS...it's like a PC...you are subject to getting a bit more small issues that the average user can find annoying.
          - BB's are just out of the market unless you need that incripted BBM because you are a conspiracy theorist

Bottom line, it's all the same ****.

If you use your phone just for the phone, you will not see any difference. If you like fooling around more with unrooting and changing ROMs etc then Android is the way to go.

I personally am a Google sell out so my opinion may be biased.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

happy for you!!!
            never had an Android phone before, had a bb pearl since it came then got an iphone4.
            i mean its just like whatever you like right??!! if you like this one and happy with it thats all

i like my iphone4 and dont have any reason to switch it too, so its like in perfect world!

Comment

I have had 9 phones in the last 7 years and The FIRST one i am happy with is my Nexus S. Raw Android the way it was ment to be. I bout 3 for our buisness as well no issues with any of them. The Iphone is alright but. I am not at all a fan of the want the new OS then buy a new phone. I find it funny how people say ya but androids are plastic. YUP and i can drop it to and it doesn't shatter. Guys what Android 4.0 just came out and I dont have to hack my phone to get it. Its an upgrade.

I will buy the New Galaxy Nexus as soon as it arrives.
              You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Galaxy Nexus running Ice Cream Sandwhich will be my next phone, Currently have the highest model BB curve, only have had it two months and Already seriously dislike it.
                I also am running Ubuntu right now as my OS so take my oppinion as a nerdy one
                Last edited by Rainey94; 10-20-2011, 09:08 PM.
                I drive a Honda...

Comment

Originally, I really wanted to iPhone. But in Japan, the carrier that was selling it didn't offer a good coverage in Nagano where I live. So I opted for the Sony Xperia X10. At first, I thought it was pretty good and possibly on par with the iPhone, but it got annoying pretty quick! First problem was the battery life. 6 hours and it would be dead. Checked the battery, it was good, so they gave me a new replacement phone. That was cool for about 6 months and now it's acting up again. 3-4 hours of battery life at best if I do something with it like checking emails, facebook, or play some games.
                  The next problem with this android phone is it isn't user friendly like the iPhone. Just accessing my music is quite a tedious process! The touch screes is also really crappy compared to the iPhone, it's slow, choppy and you have to tap repeatedly to close a screen or turn on an app. Uploading videos is always a nightmare, I managed to upload a video onto my phone but the sound was all screwed up. So I never got to be able to watch anything on my phone. Too bad the screen was huge and clear and was much better than the iPhone 3gs that was out at that time! Making a phone call can be frustrating, as the phone is so slow to access the phone book and dial a number.
                  I know it seems like all those problems may be hardware related, but there everytime I bring my phone to get it checked out it seems everything is fine, everytime!
                  Last thing that pissed my off was the software updates! I was running a really old software version for like 6 months until the phone store clerk pointed out that it was really old and that I had to go and download this Sony software update program on my computer and then hook my phone up to it and perform the updates manually. I know it's the same with the iPhone, but with itunes, it is much easier and it tells you when they will check for the next sofware update.
                  I have no reason to go to this Sony media go on my computer because it's useless and nothing I upload or download from my phone and computer/phone works anyway.
                  So F you android!

My cars:
                  1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                  1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

^ that sucks for you.

But that's the beauty of android, if you find your music hard to access...you can make it easier to access it yourself.

Like yesterday I couldn't for the life of me figure my contacts out, so today I just put an app on one of my main pages and titled it contacts and now it's easy to get to!

The Same co worker, who got me hooked on android is waiting for the nexus to come to canada and than he's upgrading to that.
                    Last edited by Tony-R32; 10-20-2011, 09:50 PM.
                    Originally posted by Paradis
                    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

I could go on and on about all the things that are wrong with my android phone, typing is a pain, shuts itself off for no reason and now I heard on the news , that some people got their android phones hacked and the hacker can access your phone book, call history apps and even make the phone dial a number. That's in Japan BTW!
                      On the plus side the Texas Hold em poker game on android is good! :-)

My cars:
                      1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                      1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Install Swype. and tying issues solved.
                        You can't fix stupid.

Comment

I'm rocking the Google Nexus S and instant-on-the-phone OS updates are awesome. I'm also a big fan of the contact/calendar sync with my Google Account. Makes it easy to wipe the phone without loosing anything.

It's thinner/lighter than any iPhone, and the slight curve in the screen makes it so that the screen cannot scrape if you put in on a table/drop it facing down.

Most people that have bad experiences with phone it's because of hardware.

Like I said earlier, the Android platform is inconsistent, meaning you can get a REALLY crappy phone. You just have to be careful and research reviews before you buy. This is why it is less user friendly then Apple since you only get one choice with Apple. Buy a good phone in Android and you will like it 150x more than any iPhone, you just have to know what you're doing.
                          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Android ftw. I'm on a Galaxy S (second series/release, so after a few bugs were worked out) and it kicks ass. Occasionally I swear at it, but I've heard of many issues across all platforms.

I can do whatever I want on it. And the one thing that tops iPhone and BB is flash compatibility. Full websites, always.
                            DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Androids are nice but I'll always be an iPhone guy.
                              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X