06 Ford GT : Project Silver Bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Ford GT : Project Silver Bullet

Customer decided to make a build thread on the Ford GT forum so ill repost for everyone.

Let me welcome you all to my 06 Ford GT Project Silver Bullet

I have been beside myself for the last few months deciding what spin I should be putting on my GT. I have been back and forth with turbo options, clutch options, built motor and even if I should keep the blower or not. I decided that the best option right now is to run the bigger pulley on the blower and get a set of turbos to make my supercharged twin turbo setup come alive. The motor will be built over the winter and game plan is to possibly just run with the twins and remove the blower for a custom intake plenum.

I have contacted a local shop called Centerline Motorsports to help me with my Silver Bullet project and these guys seem to be more on board about this car than I am. I have seen some of their work first hand and I am truly impressed and think these guys are more than fit for this project. These guys keep things truly organized and maintain a clean shop which is key for me, which was a big selling factor on my side. These guys even have their own in house CNC which helps aid in any one off parts they need to produce for the GT.

Now that everyone knows the direction I want to take with my GT , I did manage to hit the dyno before I dropped her off. I was really happy with my numbers 632 RWHP and 586 RWTQ, I added the dyno graph so everyone can see how the car performs. The pull was done on a DynoJet and the blower is currently running a 17psi pulley. This graph will help serve as a base for when we compare current setup to the new setup.

I will have more updates tomorrow with turbo selection and more project info. here is some pictures and a Video...http://youtu.be/vQt2rHeG6wI

Last edited by Acidz; 06-21-2012, 02:09 AM.

baller!! cant wait to see more
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Je$us!

Comment

Verrrrrrrry nice!
        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

That car is serious biz!

Comment

Wow. All we need to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Godzilla - 哥斯拉 - ゴジラ - گودزیلا - Годзилла - גודזילה

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

bad ass, dope how big those flames are
              Ryan
              90 ca powered sil80 (sold )
              90 r32 gtr (toy)

Comment

These guys are truly inspirational.

I head over to Centerline Motorsports to check on some progress to find them working away. They have removed almost the complete rear of the car to allow the proper access needed. It’s really still a tight squeeze between the frame and the headers. It seems as if they are ready to move onto the building process of the car which I’m super excited for.

The selection of the turbo is a big deciding factor when it comes down to a project like this or any project for that matter. After reviewing a few of the current setups on some of the GTs running around it made the decision somewhat easier to get my optimal setup. I first started with a set of Precision 62-65 turbos which I feel would have worked out great, but then I received a call from Harry at Precision and he sent me a set of 64-66 turbos. I was one of the first people to get my hands on set which is really a great privilege and alongside these turbos I will be running Precision wastegates and Tial BOV.

The next step in this build will be the custom set of turbo headers made from Stainless steel 1.750 .065 wall tubing with ½ stainless flanges. The headers should be a nice touch to this setup alongside everything else that must be fabricated to complete this build. I honestly can’t wait to see the end result of all this work getting done on silver bullet, also the first drive should be very interesting.

Comment

angryyy!!!!

Comment

Cool car.
                    1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                    2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                    2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

What is your power goal?
                      Looks like alot

Comment

wow that thing is beast.
                        gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

I'm so jealous I'd trade everything I own skyline for a Ford GT... Had I known my outcome after 7 years, I would have gone a different route. Sick, yes, regret? nah, kept me off drugs hahaha

If you don't mind, would you PM me the cost of the car alone (not the mods)? I'm curious how much I would have spent more on a better car haha.
                          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                            I'm so jealous I'd trade everything I own skyline for a Ford GT... Had I known my outcome after 7 years, I would have gone a different route. Sick, yes, regret? nah, kept me off drugs hahaha

If you don't mind, would you PM me the cost of the car alone (not the mods)? I'm curious how much I would have spent more on a better car haha.
                            stock GT is about 170 - 210k

Comment

Originally posted by Acidz View Post
                              stock GT is about 170 - 210k
                              First thing i did when i read the first post was look up the estimated value lol only 20 bnr32s give or take
                              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                              X