No announcement yet.

How popular are S15's going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the biggest hurdle for the S15 will be the fact it's entire culture, it's fanbase, are S13-14 guys used to paying $2000 for a beat on chassis and engine swap. Like the R34 these cars don't necessarily follow the pricing trend of its predecessors.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Yeah I agree. I think (with the r34 too) that it's mostly going to be guys who had an older one when they were younger and now have moved up in life a bit financially. Like for instance myself, owing an r32 5 years ago and now I'm getting into an r34. 240 guys from 5-7 years ago might be interested in them. Old enough to afford it but not too old to be too old to drive it...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

TROL

Comment

For me & I suppose many other S chassis enthusiasts its all about the build. I find it tough to start with a ragged out car, including slightly cheaper S15 Spec R's with high K. They are all beat down and the lower K ones will not come down in price. Too many competitors from other countries keeping that up there.

Anyhow I recommend anyone with a bit of tinkering skill to get into S15 Spec S. Price point is amazing, low clicks, good chassis to work with. Heck with all the SR and RB's floating about you could turn one around rather easily.

My personal S14 has the S15 motor in it. Paid next to nothing for the complete motor, under 100K YEN and only had 50K on it at the time. Ill do it all over again in the next couple months to a Spec S. Keep the 5 Speed too since I know my way around LSD and final gear choices for street and circuit
        Last edited by support@feastauto; 10-30-2013, 10:44 AM.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
        For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

Yeah I've thought about a spec S. Enough SR's around that some kid might want to buy one for a project. Heck, or keep it.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post
            I think the biggest hurdle for the S15 will be the fact it's entire culture, it's fanbase, are S13-14 guys used to paying $2000 for a beat on chassis and engine swap. Like the R34 these cars don't necessarily follow the pricing trend of its predecessors.
            I think part of it too is that these cars are also the last cars of that model. There was nothing built afterwards as a replacement. Once its gone, its gone.

Comment

That was a good day...

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
              For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

i might be tinterested in an s15.

Comment

I've been eyeing some TypeS's. Seems like if you get lucky you could snag one for 300-400k JPY.

TROL

Comment

I'm sourcing out two S15's in the next few months for some customers...to be honest, from what i've gathered talking to people in the silvia world, many are more interested in the body. Although higher km S15 will have slightly more wear on the body, they are could care less about the SR20 since they will likely source a built one or use what they already have and swap it in the car. With that in mind, the prices aren't too shabby.

Something like this is a good fit for someone who's got a built SR20 sitting around or in their current Silvia:

97' R33 GT-R Vspec
                    Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

Given you can get a lower km grade 4 type S for cheap cheap cheap... I personally wouldn't buy a 3.5 with high k's like that.

TROL

Comment

Nissan is supposedly unveiling their answer to the BRZ/FRS at the tokyo auto salon. Hope it's an S16 silvia!! It'll have to be priced under 30k so that would help pricing drop on these imports.
                        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                        lol

Comment

Working...
                        X