Safe Donut/Drift Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe Donut/Drift Area?

Hi, Does anyone in the niagara region know where we can go to practice our art of drifting? I dont want to attract attention from neighbourhood watchdogs and/or the police so i keep myself restrained. I understand if you dont want your area known, Ill come and meet if u want. Thanks for any replys!

Mike

go to pretty much any privately owned lot, like warehouse buildings! i usually went when it was raining because its quieter, and your less likely to bet hasseled. i dont do it anymore because of the new laws and stuff cops can nail you for. ie. stunting

Comment

There is numerous drift days around the GTA. Talk to the guys from S1DC!

'12 STi Sedan

Comment

i dont think theres a single drifter that started learning at the track. everyone learnes on the streets late at night. doesnt seem smart, but im not going to lie, it is fun throwning out pilons behind warehouse buildings and going for a slide around.

Comment

i can name tons of guys that learned on the track.
          Devil R sponsored by:
          Tunerlab.jp and Popformance

Some people try to get attention by bashing me. Go ahead you're only giving me more publicity. <3's haters

Comment

Originally posted by assass1n View Post
            i can name tons of guys that learned on the track.
            Me too.
            I can also name tons of guys who didn't, and have the record/points to prove it.
            Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Points on my record and tickets is what i dont want. And most of all I dont want to put a black cloud over us as Skyline Owners. I just want somewhere to practise 4 more then 2 mins. There isnt too many nice open warehouse P.Lots in my area that I know of. Some Big lots but crappy pavement, security guards, lots of light poles, etc)I guess that ill just have to drive out of town to a drift day somewhere. Thanks Guys. Mike.

Comment

you can't be charged with anything on private property as long as you don't hit anything or anyone, cause property damage, and if asked to leave, do so.
                1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                  you can't be charged with anything on private property as long as you don't hit anything or anyone, cause property damage, and if asked to leave, do so.
                  This is not true.
                  You can be charged with Dangerous Driving if you are putting anyone in the immediate vicinity at risk, or anyone who is reasonably expected to be there.
                  For instance, if you are drifting at a GO Transit lot and nobody is there, but a train is supposed to be there in 10 minutes, you can be charged.

And you don't have to hit anyone to be charged with it either. There's dangerous operation resulting in injury, dangerous operation resulting in death, and simple dangerous operation.

These charges are criminal code so it doesn't matter whether it's private property or not.

Granted, if the charge is to hold up in court there usually has to be a pretty good reason for it. But you CAN be charged with dangerous if you are in an empty lot with nobody around. It's like how you can be charged with Careless Driving if you are speeding.
                  Race. Win. Live.

Comment

You can also be charged with trespassing.
                    '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Also I have always wondered, how is burning your tires up and covering the lot with black skid marks not vandalism? How is it any different then spraying black paint on the parking lot? Just curious for me, I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it.
                      2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                      2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                      1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

I havent heard of anyone getting pegged for any charge, except from some older guys telling stories. And i dont want to be an example.
                        Has anyone ever heard of a drift park in the making?

Mike

Comment

Never heard of the idea... but that would be AMAZGING!!!!

Comment

i was arrested last weekend with dangerous driving. NOT WORTH IT!
                            92 GTR

Comment

Ouch, What happened? Is it going to affect your record?

Comment

Working...
                              X