This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quebec Insurance

well As of now. The following Insurance companies have all Said "NO" to insuring RHD skyline's

Belair Direct
    Desjardins
    and

Wawanesss.

i am calling a couple Insurance Brokers to see what i can get. But as of right now, its not looking soo good. If anybody else has had good luck with a company, please pass on the information.

calling all these different places is gettin annoying :hit_head:
    i dont even let the agents open a file anymore, as soon as i get them on the line. i Cut straight to the point.... "Do You Insure RHD Nissan Skyline's?" "No? ok bye":-x

Comment

Originally posted by Swiftstar View Post
      well As of now. The following Insurance companies have all Said "NO" to insuring RHD skyline's

Belair Direct
      Desjardins
      and

Wawanesss.

i am calling a couple Insurance Brokers to see what i can get. But as of right now, its not looking soo good. If anybody else has had good luck with a company, please pass on the information.

calling all these different places is gettin annoying :hit_head:
      i dont even let the agents open a file anymore, as soon as i get them on the line. i Cut straight to the point.... "Do You Insure RHD Nissan Skyline's?" "No? ok bye":-x
      My car is insured with ING Direct through Leduc et Descele.

Here is her number 450-377-2576 x 301. Tell her Andrew McCuaig refered you to her.
      Brand new GT2860R-5 turbos - Blitz SS intake cones - Tein Super Street Coilovers 16 way - New leather shift and E-brake boots - Silly GTR billet lighter plug - LED guages lights conversion
      - Greddy Turbo and Exhaust temp guages in A pillar pod - 3" Fujitsubo exhaust - 18" Gunmetal Tenzo wheels

- Royal Purple everything - New upper front suspension links - New belts - New tensioner and idelr pully - New timing belt - New N1 waterpump - New a/c vents

Comment

Originally posted by atmguy View Post
        My car is insured with ING Direct through Leduc et Descele.

Here is her number 450-377-2576 x 301. Tell her Andrew McCuaig refered you to her.
        i was Curious. Could you maybe PM me your Premium? i got a hold of an insurance Broker that would insure the car. But i would have to have the car evaluated, and only then could they give me a quote. Which i find is complete bull. And even worse. They dont care if the car would only be on the road for 5 months a year. it would be the same price year round. And.lol For sure it'll be expensive since im 22. so im really running out of options here.

But ill give your place a call and C whats up

Comment

Sorry dude, I just called them and asked. ING told them no more after my brother and I. You can call and try if you wish. It is important to get a value estimate. These cars do not exist in the SAAQ's database, this is why they can't insure without an evaluation. You will usually be reimbursed for the value of the car estimated at the time of evaluation in the case of total lose. I am 24 and I'm insured for full coverage, my yearly premium in something like $640.00 per year. You of course will not get a discount for only using the car 5 months of the year, since it is possible that the vehicle be stolen, burned, or otherwise damaged/destroyed while it's in storage. If you found an insurance company who will accept you, then I would not let that chance pass by. Keep looking but don't let the one who said yes have enough time to change their mind. They can and will change their mind for no logical reason if the decide too...
          Brand new GT2860R-5 turbos - Blitz SS intake cones - Tein Super Street Coilovers 16 way - New leather shift and E-brake boots - Silly GTR billet lighter plug - LED guages lights conversion
          - Greddy Turbo and Exhaust temp guages in A pillar pod - 3" Fujitsubo exhaust - 18" Gunmetal Tenzo wheels

- Royal Purple everything - New upper front suspension links - New belts - New tensioner and idelr pully - New timing belt - New N1 waterpump - New a/c vents

Comment

^^^Thanks alot for your help man. Ill just have to keep trying. A couple places ive called in the last half hour, couldn't give me any info, because most Agents left early. Saint jean weekend. ill have another go at this next week. But it really messes me up though. Cause i cannot!! justify this Purchase if i cant get insurance, like some of those ppl who bought the car, then were all Sour because they couldn;t get it insured. I really hope i can find a good insurer with cheap Rates, Because the skyline i found is a really good deal. :hit_head:

Anybody else have any Insurance info to pass on to some needy ppl. Like Moi:-)

Comment

Yep, well if you find one, you might want to jump on them!

Comment

Well still no luck. 1 place i called on friday, that told me to call back. Had no answers for me. so now im back to square 1. The shop that owns the car said that they have an insurer who takes care of all there Customers who buy from them(insurance wise) But he told me that i better expect at least 2-4 thousand dollar yearly premium.:-x so ill have to just leave that 1 as a last resort.

Nobody else has any info to share??

im even considering stopping a skyline owner on the street and asking them.ops: i dont like that idea. But im seein way too many skylines pop up in montreal, lately. I dont C why im having soo much of a hard time gettin good rates.:-( :-| or Getting insurance at All for that fact.

Comment

ING 550$ couverture complète.

Comment

Originally posted by SylverGTR View Post
                    ING 550$ couverture complète.

Do you have a name and or number?? a Guy ^^^up there said that ING doesn't do it anymore.???

Comment

Do you live at home with your parents? or do you live seperately. Cause if you give your parents broker a ring as long as the car is registered under your fathers name and such they have no choice but to offer insurance. Here I couldnt get insurance lower then 4400/yr by myself because me being 17. I went on with my parents insurance I saved upwards of 1,000 dollars ( I get my full license in october so Ill be looking at 3400/yr) Which is really good because not many people who live in southern ontario can say they pay that much. I dont know if it helps but Im with wawanesa. Best of luck mate but I would at least call that shops insurance company for a quote who knows might be cheap.
                      Steve
                      You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

Get in touch with Helene Tardiff at the Bureau D'Assurance du Canada (B.A.C.) (514) 288-4321. She is kind of a bulldog for these things. Insurance is mandatory in Quebec, and you have to get it somewhere. By law, someone must insure you. No one wants to insure these cars, they are pushing you around. They are legal to import and own in qc, therefor they are legal to insure. Mme Tardiff really helped me out. She gave me the direct line to the manager of the National Bank Insurance (where I have my other cars insured) and told me to use her name, and if there was a problem, call her back and she would speak to them personally.

If you let yourself get pushed around by the insurance companies, then no one will insure you. If you hold a policy already, start there.
                        "The problem with your car is usually found between the steering wheel and the seat"

Comment

I called D'Onofrio and they insure all rhd cars
                          They are a lil bit more expensive( I Think) but if you don't find it can be an option

Comment

Im evaluated at 13 500 and pay 1400$for theft vandalism fire and collision. Im 26 and i dont have a nice record

Comment

I also am living in qc right by the JDM performance shop on wilfred hamel....anyways im 19 and about to buy my first skyline I am insured on my girlfriends 2008 mazda 3 sport as a second driver. just wondering how to go about insuring my skyline.

P.S
                              I saw a skyline at the normandin on wilfred hamel last night(thursday the 2nd) was that any of you guys?

mike

Comment

I can't believe this has not been posted yet

Call this guy

Julien L'Heureux
                                Courtier en assurance
                                1-888-527-3281
                                julius56@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X