tuning shops in toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuning shops in toronto

does anyone know any good tuning shops in toronto? ones with nistune already
    1990 Gts-t type M w/ holset hy35
    2003 police interceptor
    1992 dodge stealth r/t twin turbo
    1994 Mitsubishi expo
    1991 mitsubishi chariot 4g63

"She likes to be Forced"
    "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

PUR automotive is a great shop . great prices for dyno sessions/ tuning. youll hear nothing but great things about Radek as far as his ability to tune goes , though i dont know how familiar they are with Nistune you shoudl definitely give them a call though
    416 787 2886
    Purauto is a premier wholesale distributor of aftermarket performance parts and accessories. We are a new name in the industry, but the team working behind the scenes has been in the business for a combined 45+ years of experience.
    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

manny @ FTP.

i will getting my nistune tuned by them in the spring/summer.

hes a forum sponsor too.

Comment

Im going to be hunting for a shop in the spring aswell.

Comment

This might be a noob question, but Im running at 8psi without intercooler. Would I be able to increase to let say 12-13psi with boost controller? Or its not safe, without bigger fuel pump and FMIC?
          '94 White Nissan Skyline R33 - HKS Tuned.. (SOLD)

tune2mod.com

Comment

yeah but without a tune it will run like ****
            and without an intercooler its a bad idea. depends how long you want your car to last i bumped mine to 15psi for a day and it felt better at factory boost then it did increasing boost just like that. and if you have fmic and full exhaust it will bump you to 11psi without a boost controller
            2003 police interceptor
            1994 Mitsubishi expo

"She likes to be Forced"
            "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

Comment

I wouldn't be in creasing boost past 7psi on a non-intercooled car. The air will be so overheated from the comopression applied to it that you will burn down your motor. You may not gain much power because you will have to pull out so much timing nad richen it up to try and keep things cool.
              1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
              2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
              2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
                PUR automotive is a great shop . great prices for dyno sessions/ tuning. you'll hear nothing but great things about Radek as far as his ability to tune goes , though i don't know how familiar they are with Nistune you should definitely give them a call though
                416 787 2886
                http://www.purauto.com
                OK so i called these guys today and he said he can socket the ecu and do a full tune for $400!!!! the guy said he was a factory tuner before he came to PUR automotive he said he tunes skylines like its nothing. check them out if u need a tune. they moved to a new shop which is downtown Toronto.

a certain shop in BC quoted me almost 600$ for just the ecu chipped nistune-data cable and a new board plus labor. PUR automotive said for $400 ill be tuned and out the door same day!
                2003 police interceptor
                1994 Mitsubishi expo

"She likes to be Forced"

Comment

A GTST with intake, exhaust and FMIC should run 12psi without a boost controller. Mine was 11 PSI before the FMIC with no controller.
                  These cars run rich enough for that. Increasing any more, or with a controller, you will need a specific tune and at LEAST a bigger fuel pump and FMIC. Turbo longevity will suffer above 12 or so PSI as well due to the ceramic exhaust wheel.

Back on topic...:-)
                  I've also heard good things about both those shops. FTP and PUR.

Hey your location is Sarnia?
                  Do you have the black GTST with the Alberta plates running around here?

Rick
                  '89 GTST - SOLD
                  '92 GTR
                  '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                  '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

pur isnt DT toronto they are at keele and steeles.... there a great shop and a great group of guys! they currently have my skyline....

91 GTR - 04 G35c - 91 celica.....

Comment

pur auto tuned my skyline gtr ..435 hp at wheels at 16psi..thay did a great job..
                      1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
                      2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

i'll have to google those shops..
                        i'm in sudbury and there's literally NOBODY around here that tunes JDM cars..
                        plus i need to figure out why i'm running so damn rich.. i hammer down and black smoke is coming out my tail pipe.. the car sure doesn't feel like the 300+ horse it's supposed to have in it.

Comment

Just a Thread update.

My name is Radek, i own rstuning, I was the tuner at pur automotive and manager, If you are interested in quality tuning for the gtr as mentioned on this thread please refer to this thread http://forums.gtrcanada.com/rs-tunin...n-details.html
                          for further details.

Thanks.

Comment

pur auto's site is gone, are they still around or has vlad moved to a diffrent company? was looking to have him tune my r32 in the next couple months
                            '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                            '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Originally posted by theDOM View Post
                              i'll have to google those shops..
                              i'm in sudbury and there's literally NOBODY around here that tunes JDM cars..
                              plus i need to figure out why i'm running so damn rich.. i hammer down and black smoke is coming out my tail pipe.. the car sure doesn't feel like the 300+ horse it's supposed to have in it.
                              Gaskets on turbos maybe
                              R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                              Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

Working...
                              X