No announcement yet.

This does not look good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well thanks matt for the info on this...im kinda glad i havent got a letter yet(knock on wood)
    1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
    2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_gtr View Post

hahaha i cant believe they care this much about these cars, like holy ****. If they put as much effort in to stopping crime we would probably see a nice big percentage drop.
      quote sig'd. Win

Comment

Matty I don't think ignoring the letter will work. It says on the letter if the problem is not fixed within 120 days you will not be able to renew your plates.
        1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
        2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
        2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Juergen, can you fax me a copy of your letter? I want to see what yours said, as does Mike.

Comment

the vin part says that the Vin is not long enough and does not match their records as being insured, it asks to confirm that the vin matches your pink slip. ALSO the 120 days is for insurance. thats when new mandatory insurance everywhere comes in so if you dont have it in 120 days and get stopped my god your screwed
            You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

new mandatory insurance everywhere?

Comment

I'll send a copy of the letter when I get a chance. My local MTO is open saturday mornings also so I am going to try and go by and talk about it tomorrow morning.
                1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Insurance has always been mandatory, this is just their way of trying to enforce it more. That the VIN doesn't turn up in their query is irrelevant if you ask me, as long as you have insurance and can prove that you do.

The SAAQ here in Quebec continuously tells me to double check my VIN number because it's not 17 digits, and I usually just have to call them up for storage since their automated systems dont like the VIN. No biggy.
                  R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

if you don't have insurance now and get stopped your screwed. what's the new insurance laws about anyways? it doesn't seem like anything changed to me.
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                      quote sig'd. Win
                      Glad you liked it
                      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by Phastwon View Post
                        I'll send a copy of the letter when I get a chance. My local MTO is open saturday mornings also so I am going to try and go by and talk about it tomorrow morning.
                        please let us know how it went. I am really concerned about this.
                        10 Infiniti FX35
                        09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                        02 Subaru WRX....sold
                        01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                        90-00-08 BNR32
                        92 NX2000...sold
                        95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

me 2 ..hay harvey you get a letter too ??
                          ...i havent yet - hope i dont get one eather..:P
                          1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
                          2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

I dont know yet because I am oversea right now.. Hopefully I dont get one.
                            10 Infiniti FX35
                            09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                            02 Subaru WRX....sold
                            01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                            90-00-08 BNR32
                            92 NX2000...sold
                            95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

Like Matty said, the letter in question is related only to insurance and uninsured vehicles. It has nothing to do with an attack on RHD vehicles.

I do work at MTO license issuing offices (installing new hardware) and I talked to a few managers and they confirmed this.

Eventually the plan is for licensing offices to be hooked up to the insurance computer system. They will, eventually, be able to tell if a vehicle has an ACTIVE policy on it or not. No active policy = no registration.

As it stands, when you register a car currently, you do not have to even present a pink slip-- you only need to make a declaration on paper saying you have valid insurance and give the policy details.

Basically the plan is to reduce/eliminate the number of uninsured motorists.

10 digit vin or not, as long as your vin matches the vin on your insurance slip you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by spd-dmn View Post
                                Like Matty said, the letter in question is related only to insurance and uninsured vehicles. It has nothing to do with an attack on RHD vehicles.

I do work at MTO license issuing offices (installing new hardware) and I talked to a few managers and they confirmed this.

Eventually the plan is for licensing offices to be hooked up to the insurance computer system. They will, eventually, be able to tell if a vehicle has an ACTIVE policy on it or not. No active policy = no registration.

As it stands, when you register a car currently, you do not have to even present a pink slip-- you only need to make a declaration on paper saying you have valid insurance and give the policy details.

Basically the plan is to reduce/eliminate the number of uninsured motorists.

10 digit vin or not, as long as your vin matches the vin on your insurance slip you have nothing to worry about.
                                Thank you for information!! Now My mind can rest and I can enjoy the trip!! Let us know if there is any changes. Thank you!
                                10 Infiniti FX35
                                09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                                02 Subaru WRX....sold
                                01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                                90-00-08 BNR32
                                92 NX2000...sold
                                95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X