Insurance for your Skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for your Skyline

Unfortunately this information is no longer valid as ThePersonal is a subdivision of Desjardin and they no longer insure right hand drive cars.

Sorry.
    Last edited by MKIV; 03-15-2012, 02:36 PM.
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Wow, congrats on the find!
    The GT-R doesn't run on gas, but on the tears of children.

Comment

congrats dude!! RARELY any nice insurance stories these days.
      93 R33 GTST - DD
      97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
      2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Thanks guys, glad to help the community. If you or anyone else gives them a try please leave your experience here.
        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

As of November 20th The Personal no longer insures RHDs. We have other vehicles with them / when it came time to insure the GTS a couple of weeks ago - they said no. Hope you remain grandfathered or not impacted.

Comment

Terrible news.

Facility here I come...
            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

What are the chances of anyone keeping their skyline stock though? :\
              I mean you pretty much have to inform them when you've modified it or if you get in an accident or need to make a claim they can deny you and hopefully they won't deny people just for basic mods that they wouldn't on LHD vehicles like intake, headers and exhaust.
              Double track drift, yo.
              http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

I've got mine insured through the Personal. They give DND employees a discount. Good so far but haven't made a claim yet either.

Comment

How long have you been insured with them?
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Looking at buying a skyline so called Lant insurance who does the silver wheel plan etc. They insure RHD vehicls, cant be your daily driver, and I think you might have to be over 25..... Anyways I use them now and there pretty cheap, maybe $300-$400 per year depending on the value of your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by cdnleaf View Post
                      As of November 20th The Personal no longer insures RHDs. We have other vehicles with them / when it came time to insure the GTS a couple of weeks ago - they said no. Hope you remain grandfathered or not impacted.
                      It's not suprising since The Personal (La Personnelle) is a subdivision of DesJardins that specializes in group insurance. It's the same company, it's only normal they would do the same as DesJardins.
                      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                        It's not suprising since The Personal (La Personnelle) is a subdivision of DesJardins that specializes in group insurance. It's the same company, it's only normal they would do the same as DesJardins.
                        I don't understand how so much business is being turned down. If one company was to start insuring RHD, they would make a killing.
                        Last edited by Spencer87; 12-01-2011, 11:46 AM.
                        93 R33 GTST - DD
                        97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                        2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer87 View Post
                          I don't understand how so much business is being turned down. If one company was to start insuring RHD, they would make a killing.
                          I have similar thoughts.
                          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer87 View Post
                            Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                            I have similar thoughts.
                            If you are talking about a broker I would agree with you but for an insurance company/underwriter I disagree, the market is just too small for them. Think about it how many RHD cars do you see versus LHD? I would bet it is well under 1%, even 0.01%. As a result this does not net them very much market share.

On a related note does anyone know an actuary working at an Ontario insurance company? Perhaps they can explain the rationale behind not insuring RHD.
                            1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                            Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

im insured with state farm, 22, a single 15k over speeding ticket, no claims, and im $296 a month i believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X