Insurance for your Skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
    How long have you been insured with them?
    5 years on my 2 dailies and home and my GTR since I bought it in Sept of 2009.

Comment

There's definitely some major benefit to being insured for a prolonged time, but I wonder what will happen to you guys at next renewal?
      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Well I have 3 cars and a house insured with them... Do you really thing they would be dumb enough not to renew me???

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
          Well I have 3 cars and a house insured with them... Do you really thing they would be dumb enough not to renew me???
          ...asked myself the similiar question / then wtf? when The Personal (Desjardins mentioned above) said no. Ended up going with Lant.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
            That's where you have a good advantage, is the fact that you have other (I assume primary) vehicles with them.

Originally posted by cdnleaf View Post
            ...asked myself the similiar question / then wtf? when The Personal (Desjardins mentioned above) said no. Ended up going with Lant.
            You're with Lant now? Info? Other primary vehicle insured as well?
            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

You're with Lant now? Info? Other primary vehicle insured as well?
              Lant is good as it's not my DD (google Lant 4 info). Other vehicles/policies are still with The Personal, unfortunately that didn't matter when the underwriter dropped RHDs.

Comment

Lant is good as it's not my DD (google Lant 4 info). Other vehicles/policies are still with The Personal, unfortunately that didn't matter when the underwriter dropped RHDs.
                I looked that up and read 10 years continuous driving experience required. So basically you must be 26 years of age or older. bummer :\
                Double track drift, yo.
                http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Yeah that's not happening for another 6-7 years for me then.
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

5 years left for me but maybe by then I'll have found a bone stock '89 R32 GTR with KH2 gunmetal grey that costs around $8000 xD
                    Last edited by Xeno-Vibe; 12-05-2011, 03:06 AM.
                    Double track drift, yo.
                    http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno-Vibe View Post
                      5 years left for me but maybe by then I'll have found an '89 R32 GTR with KH2 gunmetal grey that costs around $8000 xD
                      You need to pm me your number sir!
                      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno-Vibe View Post
                        5 years left for me but maybe by then I'll have found an '89 R32 GTR with KH2 gunmetal grey that costs around $8000 xD
                        This is actually quite easy to find these days

Its good to see you guys are getting insurances. Gives me hope for when I get back...
                        1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

I'm going to bump this to say...

As of today, Desjardin, ThePersonal, Belair Direct and a bunch of other companies have their doors completely shut, locked and key tossed to the thought of insuring RHD cars.

With that said, we have a guarantee for insurance with Facility. State Farm will insure RHD as a secondary car ONLY if you have a primary vehicle insured with them for over 1+ year. Lant seems to have their yes and no scenarios, etc.

If anyone has any new information on coverage in Ontario, please do share as I'm sure there's lots of people who could benefit from any leads at all.
                          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Unreal / thanks for the info.

Comment

Unreal / thanks for the info.
                              No problem.. this insurance issue is almost as bad as a provincial ban, honestly.
                              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

I'm going to bump this to say...

As of today, Desjardin, ThePersonal, Belair Direct and a bunch of other companies have their doors completely shut, locked and key tossed to the thought of insuring RHD cars.

With that said, we have a guarantee for insurance with Facility. State Farm will insure RHD as a secondary car ONLY if you have a primary vehicle insured with them for over 1+ year. Lant seems to have their yes and no scenarios, etc.

If anyone has any new information on coverage in Ontario, please do share as I'm sure there's lots of people who could benefit from any leads at all.
                                Add Dominion Insurance to the list
                                1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                                Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Working...
                                X