Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver - Open Car GTG, Aug. 16

Hi everyone.

Every once a blue moon, different car clubs come together to represent as a collective. During the summertime, revscene car meets are one of these places.

This is an open invite to GTR Canada members to participate and represent themselves among the car communities. As always, it is free and open to all friends, families, children, pets, etc. We just ask that everyone come with a friendly attitude and be open to learning more about other car clubs.

Feel free to bring your own club banners, recruite other members for your club, sell your products (non-profit orgs only) and set up displays (bring your own canopies, tables, etc).

The rest of the details, I will edit as I get more information about this great event at http://www.revscene.citymax.com

Date: Saturday, August 16th, 2008
    Event: Revscene.net Summer Car Gathering 2008
    Admission: Free
    Who: Open invite to all car clubs, individuals and families
    Food: Vendor businesses will be selling food on the premise
    Thanks and hope to see you there. Have a great summer!

Jason (aka jACE)
    //Revscene.net Exec

p.s. Pre-meet cruises are a fun and great idea, so if someone is nice enough to set one up to go to the event, that'd be awesome. Watching other car clubs roll-in and roll-out are one of the major highlights of Revscene.net community car gatherings.
    http://www.jACE.zoomshare.com
    http://twitter.com/jACEDesignsLtd
    http://www.youtube.com/jACEDesignsLtd

wheres Ben when you need him...

"BEN START ORGANIZING THIS FOR GTRC lol"
    Fraser Valley Imports.ca
    (The Detailer)
    We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
    Car Project: In The Making

Comment

Would this event be at the B.C. Driving Center off Ford Rd.?

Just curious, I'll probably still be in Osoyoos on the 16th. unless the weather there really sucks. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by night-sky56 View Post

Just curious, I'll probably still be in Osoyoos on the 16th. unless the weather there really sucks. 8)
        weather sucking on Aug 16th in osoyoos? isnt that the hottest place in BC? i doubt at that time it will be anything but stupidly hot.
        14 pounds of poop, making this sheeit happen every day.

Comment

Originally Posted by night-sky56

Just curious, I'll probably still be in Osoyoos on the 16th. unless the weather there really sucks.
          weather sucking on Aug 16th in osoyoos? isnt that the hottest place in BC? i doubt at that time it will be anything but stupidly hot.
          I'v been in Osoyoos mid Aug. in a 13ft Boler with two small kids in the pissen rain ! Not much to do there if it's not hot and sunny.

Comment

I'll be there! Unfortunately I have no car as i have no licence..... I'll be spectating. So if you see a 15yr old with a black and blue fulface helmet (bike= transportation when your only 15) that's me. :-) ...... I'm assuming it's on BCDC lot??? or the lot by the lunchdoctor...?

I just found out THERE IS AN AIRSHOW AT THE PITT MEADOWS AIRPORT ON THE 16TH.... but that will just make it better. Possible photo shoot opportunities... pending the show organizers allowing it and the plane owners aswell....

Comment

Wow I'm down for this fo sho.
              1999 Nissan Stagea RS Four S, White

Previous JDM Rides:
              1992 Nissan President Sovereign Junction Produce, Black (sold to NICOclubber)
              1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black (sold to GTRCer)
              1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black (sold to GTRCer)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfattak View Post
                I'll be there! Unfortunately I have no car as i have no licence..... I'll be spectating. So if you see a 15yr old with a black and blue fulface helmet (bike= transportation when your only 15) that's me. :-) ...... I'm assuming it's on BCDC lot??? or the lot by the lunchdoctor...?

I just found out THERE IS AN AIRSHOW AT THE PITT MEADOWS AIRPORT ON THE 16TH.... but that will just make it better. Possible photo shoot opportunities... pending the show organizers allowing it and the plane owners aswell....
                SICK...would be awesome fun...seems like alotta car shows with potential for community popularity this year...
                Fraser Valley Imports.ca
                (The Detailer)
                We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
                Car Project: In The Making

Comment

Since there is an airshow I'm wondering about parking....(not that I will be parking anything)... I hope it's at BCDC then.

Comment

Sounds nifty
                    anyone wanna do a skyline cruise out there?
                    '09 White F-150
                    '03 White F-350 *Sold*
                    '91 Gunmetal GTS-t Type M *Sold*
                    '89 Gunmetal GTR *Sold*
                    '06 Gunmetal F-150 *Sold*

Comment

I work all that day..

:-(

Thats why I was going to show my R33 that evening.
                      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

thread revive.... This will be One of very few chances for me to meet some of the you guys.(anytime soon) I'd love to meet a few of you guys and put names to cars and cars to faces etc.

EDIT: there is now a biggest car club representation prize.... ha... I doubt gtrc could possibly win that but It'd be nice to have a good turnout.

Edit x2: here is some more info on the Airshow, airport thing going on CLICK HERE.... It says a carshow is part of the show so either it's a completely separate show or revscene has organized it with the airport..... In that case Its definitely not at bcdc. It's actually at the airport itself

Comment

What time is it? I work at 7:30pm so I may be able to make it
                          Fraser Valley Imports
                          Cars:
                          1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
                          1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
                          2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Judging by the schedual on the airport site. I'd say 10-4 but I don't know for sure.

Comment

if that's so I'll be sleeping most of that time...but can make the later half `
                              Fraser Valley Imports
                              Cars:
                              1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
                              1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
                              2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Working...
                              X