IVOAC Targa Newfoundland Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M-SPEC View Post
    Did you happen to see the 08 Targa on speed the other night ? there was a few good crashes (poor mini and pulsar) and a few houses got hit lol but over all looked like a great event ...really wish we made it out but there is next year. over all I would say that sweet group B Audi Quattro was of the the best prepped car for the event and it showed.

Yes many extra parts will be needed ....one team went through 3 motors. we are going to need some really beefy drive line and suspension bits thats for sure

BTW for any one who has note seen the Targa yet it will be on again on

SPEED CHANNEL APRIL 1, 4:00 ET THATS 1:00 AM PT
    ahh im so glad u said that because i only caught the last 10 mins of it, that Audi was the bees knees indeed.

Comment

• Is this car still on the road for targa 2010??? or has this build been forgotten? this years targa had a nice R35 from "SteveStillen" of Stillen Aftermarket Parts. I live in the area where the rally event is held, and i know the GTR is more than capable of owning this event.
      Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

• This has been changed to Targa West..

Why go that far.. when you can do it close to home..

heres a link..

http://forum.ivoac.ca/showthread.php?t=2968
        Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

• Targa Newfoundland is one of only 3 held in the world, is the first and only event of its kind to be held in North America and offer a 2200 kilometer course with scenery & white knuckle competition thats not offered anywhere else.

To build such a wonderful car with its extremely high reputation , its a crime not to attend "Race the Rock" as some call it!, and also to meet the kind friendily people that this provience has to offer.

This is NOTHING like targa west.

Everyone who enjoys motorsports please check out their site and racers testimonals and you will then realize that this is just more than Race, it's about the drive!

Comment

• 2010 Targa west.. is the first of its kind over here.. it has never happened yet.. so there really isnt anything to compare it to.. BC has some of the nicest Scenery in north America..

:-)

also We have friendly people here that dont have crazy accents.. LoL

K thats all the defending i have to offer Dah_hunter out.
            Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

• LOL thats true, both proviences have some of canada's most increadable scenery and friendly people.

by the way, make sure you let everyone know the status of the car during the rally and how it goes!!!

the targa newfoundland is targanewfoundland.com

Comment

• Originally posted by future_R34 View Post
                LOL thats true, both proviences have some of canada's most increadable scenery and friendly people.

by the way, make sure you let everyone know the status of the car during the rally and how it goes!!!

the targa newfoundland is targanewfoundland.com
                ya really i expect corner by corner twitter updates from the driver !!!!!
                How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                \'90 GTR32

Comment

• Man....I'd love to compete in TCW.....someone want to be my navigator?
                  BlackAura (Kevin)
                  1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
                  2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
                  1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

• I did not know about Targa West, I am defiantly going to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackAura View Post
                      Man....I'd love to compete in TCW.....someone want to be my navigator?
                      would you have a car for it?
                      (OO\______/OO)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark_GTR View Post
                        would you have a car for it?
                        Haha, well, I was thinking of using my car, but there's a few things I'd want to replace first.

- My rear turbo has started leaking a little oil, so I need to rebuild both of them, or replace them.
                        - My transmission has the synchro issues most people have (2nd and 4th), and I wouldn't want to push it too hard without rebuilding it.

Plus I'm parking my car for the winter now, so it doesn't allow for much practice time
                        BlackAura (Kevin)
                        1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
                        2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
                        1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

• All right i was going to read through all the padges, but i got to excited. i will read though the rest later to see how things went. I live in newfoundlandand am planing on doing 2011 targa, open devision. i was going to use my gts4 but was thinking if im going to but a bunch of mone and time into a car i would like to put it in a gtr. So it is now for sale. just from reading this forum and looking at other things it seams im jumping in way over my head. I have very little racing experiance all. The only experiance i have done is drag racing and have little knowladge on building a skyline for targa. The only thing i have going for me is money. I am now im fort mcmurray working as hard as i possibaly can. The only obligation i have is to pay rent and cell phone bill and keep my girlfiend But all my money i make is going towards targa. Me and my freind (co driver) are set on open class. He is willing to put 5k investment into the car. We have two people that are willing to come along for the ride. I will be buying a gtr hopfully if my gts4 sells and towing the finished product to nl. So if possibal any and all coments are welcome as i will need as much help as i can get. My thred is in gts discution i think.

Comment

• Hello, my name is Ken Batstone. I raced Targa NL in 2001, 2002-03 with BMW Canada in Jim Kenzie's Mini. I was picked up after there co-driver got motion sick and couldn't read the notes..... LOL. Anyway, I'm offshore working now and our interweb connection is the sh**'s so I can read the 14 pages of conversation to catch up, but I would like to pass the news on that my friend is building a GTR for Targa 2011. I recently put in a fresh engine and got the car running. It has been for inspection and everything is good to go. It will be soon going to get the cage installed at the same shop that fixed and painted my GTR. I'm looking forward to getting the car into rally shape. So far, I welded a HKS extended sump. The car has a full exhaust, HKS Intercooler, M's intake filters, Tien Coilover's, Grid controller, Aem Tru Boost, Nistune Computer(somewhere in transit from Autodream), I'm sure there is something else but I can't remember. So Rodney is well underway to racing Targa NL. The list of stuff I have told him to get, Terra Trip Computer (I never had one back in 2001.... major problem competing using a stop watch... LOL), and Full aluminium skid plates(NL roads can be very rough).

I have said for a long time that the perfect car for our roads (IE Targa NL) is a AWD, 500hp car. The skyline fits that bill perfectly. Over the years I watched many high dollar race cars fail miserably on our roads. And other cheaper, less racecar and more streetcars succeed. The other thing I learned is that you need to be able to completely destroy the car and go have a beer as if the car never existed, because it may very well happen. It happened to me..... Twice. LOL. Once was my car, Once was Tuner Transformations 280Z Racecar. It is never a happy moment, but be prepared for the worst, hope for the best. And before you say I'm a shitty driver that may be true, I have alot to learn, but there are factors that even the most seasoned driver can't prediced, like a sheep(Wildlife) or people, or small lakes in the road, ETC..........................

I would like to offer my help to anyone who wants to enter Targa NL as this is one of the best races I have ever been in. Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Comment

• any tips and hits you gave give me would be awesome. i retested for open class couple weeks a go papers are done and everything. my gts4 is in newfoundland no just waiting for someone to buy it so i can get a gtr

Comment

• Should be a lot of fun.. I'm almost certain i'll be there this year with my car, but i dont think i'll be participating... I'd like to build the car with a level 1 hybrid/suspension setup so that the group offers a relatively docile pack of cars. Maybe next year we'll put the skyline to the test! Not sure it will make it back in one piece, though..

Let us know if you end up participating!
                                Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                                www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                                Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                                Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Working...
                                X