Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Woes -- You have em? Lets hear em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doublejceballos
    replied
    Winter woes question for you all.
    My car is currently taking about 10 minutes to start.
    Maybe a bit less.
    But I crank it, wait, crank it, wait, crank it, on the third ones she turnes ovver,
    4th, turns over ancd chugs then stalls out
    on the 5th or 6th she starts but not all the pistons are firing, then i give tap the throttle 2-3 times and finally they all go and she starts up,

This is completely dependent on temperature
    in Aug she took 1.5 turns and its a go, sometimes right away if it stayed really warm over night
    sept-oct 2 more.
    november couple more
    december -refer to process above.

back in November when we had the pineapple express roll in with all the warm air and warmer nights she started up a bit faster with a few less cranks but then when it got cold again back to the same old problems.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    ^^^^ That sucks.

I haven't had any troubles with my car cause it's off the road. I have had the general locks freezing when borrowing my brothers VW though.

Leave a comment:

• got_boost!
    replied
    Hit a nice patch of ice doing 30km/h on bald tires, discovered a Parks Canada sign BACKWARDS and now have had to buy new tail light, bumper, bumper sub-frame, and get my trunk tweaked back a bit. Oh and don't forget the paint :P

Leave a comment:

• Trace
    replied
    I just tightened a few belts today. One was pretty slack. Hopefully that did it but I was in meetings all day and flying back and forth Richmond and Burnaby. Had dinner with my girlfriend but that was short lived... so the engine's been warm since 1:30pm this afternoon...

Tomorrow after work should be the deal breaker... WD-40 be praised... would rather that than replace belts... -_-;;;

Leave a comment:

• Rollie
    replied
    Originally posted by elephant_shoe15 View Post
    every morning for the past week my locks freeze and my key allmost breaks to unlock it
    sounds the same. Just installed an inline lower rad hose heater see how that goes in the morning cost $46 from ct.

Leave a comment:

• elephant_shoe15
    replied
    every morning for the past week my locks freeze and my key allmost breaks to unlock it

Leave a comment:

• RHDskyline
    replied
    My belt made that squeek to when i started it with defroster on. Its cause the ac is trying to go but its so cold. Just let the engine warm up a tad bit first, then to defrost on.

That was when my car did start. Now it won't

No blockheater FTL

Leave a comment:

• inhumane
    replied
    mine too...WD40 and they are like new

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    My doors make crazy sounds when opening and closing..

LoL

Leave a comment:

• Trace
    replied
    My belts squeal when I try to turn the defroster on a cold start. Goes away after a few minutes... how annoying.... gonna take it in to have them adjusted...

Leave a comment:

• Rollie
    replied
    The 4door didnt want to start this morning -26
    Damn Alberta weather.

Leave a comment:

• BenC
    replied
    It's a blizzard over here and bald tires. Looks like I'm taking the transit system for the next few days

Leave a comment:

• VudgeBub73
    replied
    Winter Woes You have em Lets hear em

you wont have johnson playing his 300th
    and this time its in adelaide

Leave a comment:

• nic-skyline
    replied
    i got the winter woes i got my car about 2 weeks ago and only drove it once now its parked and i cant drive until i get my license back feb.23(icbc is a joke)...its horrible having a skyline parked outside and not been able to drive it

Leave a comment:

• curtisgoodman
    replied
    Eber hows the car running? Haven't heard anything about it for a long time...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X