Problem free AB insurance company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem free AB insurance company?

Hey so Ive been having trouble with my current insurance company.
    The cooperators wants me to get another appraisal done on my car before they will renue my coverage for this year. I need to know if anyone has got insurance in the last 6 months with no issues. Im looking for a place that will sign me up with just the typical inspection situation. I have no problem with an inspection but I dont want my original appraisal cut way down to make their bottom line look better if I ever have an accident

Any good companies out there in alberta and not cooperators?

Kyle
    Originally posted by funkymonkey
    You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

A free appraisal (of sorts) that ICBC will allow is, just bring in 6 to 10 for sale ads for the same vehicle and you should be able to claim the average. I've done that in the past (about 10 years ago so things might be diff.) and it really worked out well for me because I have always had strange and diff. vehicles so that usually makes them fair better in residual value.

If they want a straight up professional appraisal you will most likely get the same thing anyway because that is a huge factor in what an appraiser will asses your value at (vehicle cond. being a close second).

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I am currently insured with Dominion of Canada. I'm with them because they'll allow full coverage (comprehensive and collision) without an appraisal (or at least they would when I signed up).

My broker says now that I've gotten an appraisal done we'll check with AXA Pacific (I think? or it was Aviva) this summer when it's time to renew. You could also try them.

I haven't had any issues with Dominion so far...even had a comprehensive claim two years ago (no-fault claim...car was broken in to and vandalized).

If you want a broker to look into it for you, I would recommend Lundgren & Young Insurance, but I am biased, as I work for them (unfortunately I do software engineering, so I can't help you with your insurance). I'm not sure if there's anyone in your area, but we have offices in Calgary, Lethbridge, and Camrose.

Here's some contact info: Branches

Although you might be better off finding someone in your area, so you can go into an office and sit down and talk with a broker.
      BlackAura (Kevin)
      1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
      2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
      1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

I am currently with Astro insurance with my 240sx. They are part of the Dominion of Canada

and they told me that they won't insure RHD's at all.

I am getting close to getting my skyline and i have no idea what i should expect to pay
        sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
        ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

i rock all state, 21 years old 145 a month with no collison cuz i can fix that myself but that includes full glass and vandlism, 250 deductable
          1990 gtr .... in need of axle and some tlc
          1990 gtst 4 door, slammed, 2 toned, and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
            I am currently with Astro insurance with my 240sx. They are part of the Dominion of Canada

and they told me that they won't insure RHD's at all.

I am getting close to getting my skyline and i have no idea what i should expect to pay
            My guess with comprehensive about 280-300.

Comment

TD insurance
              1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
              1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

I use State farm, and they are good, paying $128 full coverage for my soarer, and $103 for my wrx

Both JDM and I am 25 with 2 tickets

Comment

Originally posted by Boyscout View Post
                  TD insurance

was with TD, then i switched over to meloche monnex cause they offered collision
                  whats going to power my skyline come spring?

Comment

im now with all state with my rhd's...... Are you in good hands? lol

Was with Wawanisa for like 8 years but they added another zero to my previous $500 deductible. Didnt do anything about it till my convertible top was slashed on my Silvia.... Kinda had to eat that one as new tops are custom and cost over $1500 :P

Im paying like $120 I think with all state and its a friends ex woman so she doesnt BS and gives me coverage over the phone and deductible is now $250.

Lots of the insurance co's now dont do rhd's and if they do the deductible is $5,000.00 ******* homo fags. My wawanisa broker kept calling me, telling me to take a photo of the vin plate and a copy of my form one on a car thats been insured in canada since 2004. I told them before I dropped them if they wanted that, they need to come to my house and take the photo themselves and told them to **** themselves on the F1 just to be an ass.
                    ALLEN PETERSEN
                    Number (604) 961-2449
                    4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                    RB30`s for sale!

Comment

ive had no problems with my insurance company. It seems if you pay your bills they give you insurance.... Get the hint???? you dont pay your bills you get problems.

Comment

allstate wouldn't insure my gtr when I bought it, I cancelled immediately, I'm now with silvercrest insurance
                        1991 Black GTR

Comment

It seems like I should phone around to get the best coverage.

Im 17 (18 in August).

Clean driving record (one parking ticket)

ive been driving since October of 2008.

My car will be a 1991 Nissan Skyline gtst

I really hope i don't get charged a lot.

Im expecting a jack in the price over my other cars (240sx, supra's), but not that much
                          sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                          ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Working...
                          X