No announcement yet.

borrow your ignitor for 5 minutes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright so im still having no luck i seriously need help now still the same sputter at 5k+ and in 5th gear it comes on at around 4k rpm

so far ive done;
    -new plugs bkr7e gapped down
    -tried swaping my old coil packs in one at a time x2
    -brand new coil pack loom
    -grounded coil pack loom directly back to battery
    -checked fuel pressure driving around at WOT (follows vacuum and boost accordingly with no pressure drop at time of missfire)
    -no vacuum or boost leaks
    -injectors have 8000km on them and none are leaking
    -afr's seem to be okay.

what do you guys think im missing? it almost sounds like all cylinders are misfiring, its a different feel from when i had a missfire a couple months ago (which was fixed by new yellowjacket coils)
    Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

re gapped my plugs to 0.023 and its much better although its still breaking up..

Comment

Same here, gapped down to .025" and seems to be better. Sometimes not. Weird as hell though, ran fine all last year with the yellow jackets and a gap of .035" all the way up to 1.5 bar. Might try new plugs even though they checked out (resistance was bang on). Same two holes, 3 and 4, now only a little brown instead of sooty. Coil harness was fine too, crusty but all connections were good.

Jon.
        Last edited by Dragon Humper; 09-20-2012, 11:30 PM.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

yeah mine were fine all summer at like 1.4bar with plugs gaped at .032. then out of no where it started breaking up. hmmm i hope its not faulty yellow jackets. maybe ill keep swaping my old ones in 1 at a time

Comment

Working...
          X