Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it time to replace to oil pump, and advise for 500HP build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is it time to replace to oil pump, and advise for 500HP build.

Alright, I have seen a lot of information about the rb26 oil pumps, and the issues that they have. I have yet to see a definitive answer as to when is the right time to change out the oil pump. I am planning to start buying parts here, and want to make sure my list of parts is all encompassing. This is the list I have gathered so far as the route I am considering. Would a upgraded oil pump be a good idea for this build. Thanks

HKS 2530's
    decatted 3.5 inch exhaust
    ID1000 AEM injectors
    AEM 320lb in tank
    Tomei adjustable cam gears
    Apexi Power FC

If you are running a conventional gear setup then if you are considering a rebuild makes sense to upgrade to a spline drive solution.

Supertec Racing

Comment

Your mods sound fairly modest so I think you can get away with the stock pump for the time being (as long as you're not redlining it all the time). the oil pump is a pretty big engine out job, requiring the removal of the tranny and oil pan.

Comment

cool idea but man... it's too late for my engine. It's already assembled tomei oil pump it is.
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

There are several signs that you should take a note to check and know when you must have an oil pump replacement like: Clanking Noise, Impact of low oil pressure, Noisy Hydraulic Lifters, A Loud Valve-Train,... when you meet these cases, it is the time that you must do a replacement )

Comment

Working...
          X