Intercooler writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler writing

Was looking around for getting an HKS Intercooler and i wanted to get one with writing on it but no one seems to have any idea how to do, would black spray paint over a stencil work or would that get into the lines?

I did it on my intercooler, I actually make machine cut stick-on negative stencils that you put on the i/c itself, cover the rest with painters tape and spray over with a good quality, durable spray paint and remove the stencil and tape. Turned out well. Some companies actually sell their i/c setups with the option of having the logo put on.
    1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
    1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

haha funniest one i saw was a middle finger painted onto the intercooler. but ya its just stencil with spray paint. just print one off the internet.
      Check out my RB30 build at
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

usually what people do for the hks stencil is when you buy the intercooler there will be a big hks print on the box.Cut that out and use that part of the box as a stencil .Sorry for the shady description
        My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
          usually what people do for the hks stencil is when you buy the intercooler there will be a big hks print on the box.Cut that out and use that part of the box as a stencil .Sorry for the shady description
          Nope makes perfect sense, had to get a new one anyways so that works perfect. Thanks a bunch for the help everyone!

Comment

The box that holds the intercooler HAS a stensile out of the cardboard. You know, the HKS $1000+ intercoolers don't even come with piping, they're extra. Why not get an ebay one for cheap which is almost as good and paint that. \

Like this HKS one .

Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
              The box that holds the intercooler HAS a stensile out of the cardboard. You know, the HKS $1000+ intercoolers don't even come with piping, they're extra. Why not get an ebay one for cheap which is almost as good and paint that. \

Like this HKS one .

Project car. Almost as good doesn't cut it, i don't cut corners.

Comment

Working...
              X