Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know where to get a rb26 crankshaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know where to get a rb26 crankshaft?

there seems to be no stock anywhere or if there is the price is double. I need to buy one now but do not want to wait 6 months for one to come in. Even a good used crank would be nice but that's even tough to get. A few people said they had one but that's as far as the conversation went.

I thought ive seen the new cranks somwhere, but ive checked my sources (JGY, RawBrockerage) they do not sell one!!! Now im intrested as well, whats his name...
    ... DJ, i think he is the one who got the brand new crank from somwhere!? I think he should let us all know where he got it from and if possible fro how much!?

no, thats not him, but im shure ive read at least one thread where the guy got a new crank! Or was getting it!

Anywhay people share your finds!
    TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

I can get you one but they are $1500aus + fright

Comment

I don't know about other cities, but our local Nissan dealer will bring in anything Skyline related and usually arrives in three weeks. They'll even deliver free of charge if you spend enough $.
        Originally posted by Snow
        Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

Hes selling an rb26 crank for a good price.

Comment

Since the floods in japan most hard to get parts like a r32 crank are even harder to get. I called nissan with a part number and they said it would be $1100 shipped. The thing is they don't know when they will get it. The lady said on her screen it said on backorder and no release date. She said 6-8 weeks or even up to 4 months!! I ended up finding another machine shop that has the proper tools to install my crank collar.

I would have love to find a new crank that was available that wasen't double the price because it was available. It was nice to know though that most nissan dealers can get most all parts if you bring them a part number. They ask for a vin right away but we all know that doesn't work here.

Comment

nismoparts.com doesn't have? I was gonna get my R34 crank from them... they were selling them at $900 shipped
              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

The dealer I dealt with said my parts would arrive in 3-4 weeks, showed up a day less than three. That was 3 weeks ago.
                Originally posted by Snow
                Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

I knew that ive seen the cranck somwhere for a very good price! - http://www.nismoparts.com/catalog/?section=1341#1783,

BUT, i have a qestion to everyone DOES ANYBODY USED THIS CRANK? And if yes what was the clearance of the oil pump drive to the oil pump!?

Because to me, get this new crank is a much CHEAPER and easier solution than trying to rebuild your own one, even if you have to wait for like 2-4 months! Here is why
                  - Allens collar - $200
                  - Machine shop to aling and install collar - $200
                  + If the bearing was spun another 300 to 400 bux to grind, polish and stuff!
                  TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

Originally posted by rak123 View Post
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/parts-sa...-parts-fs.html

Hes selling an rb26 crank for a good price.
                    there ya go. 350 for a polished one. even if you paid 700 in shipping it would be the same price. and if you did pay that much for shipping im sure if would be next am.. or sooner. 12 hours haaha
                    - Adam

:
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post
                      I knew that ive seen the cranck somwhere for a very good price! - http://www.nismoparts.com/catalog/?section=1341#1783,

BUT, i have a qestion to everyone DOES ANYBODY USED THIS CRANK? And if yes what was the clearance of the oil pump drive to the oil pump!?

Because to me, get this new crank is a much CHEAPER and easier solution than trying to rebuild your own one, even if you have to wait for like 2-4 months! Here is why
                      - Allens collar - $200
                      - Machine shop to aling and install collar - $200
                      + If the bearing was spun another 300 to 400 bux to grind, polish and stuff!
                      heres where the descrepiences are tho. i ordered a new r34 crank off of braden same part number and same crank as the one sold by nismo parts. i know allen faily well and he came over and measured the crank and still the same .005 wiggle room as the r32 crank. basically at the end of the day i still need th collar which is no big deal and i saved on the polish by going with the new crank. but then josh said his r34 crank fit snug almost a press fit with his n1 pump so i dont know since i am running a tomei pump
                      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

I was talking with Jeff at nismo parts and he was the one that told me I could order it but it will take along time to come in. He said he contacted the warehouse directly for me and they couldn't even give him an answer when they would get them in stock again. The dealer ships that I called all said the same thing. That's kinda just what dealers say anyway when it's an odd part, I couldn't yell at them and say find one I know their out there!!

I already bought the collar and standard bearings to go with my original crank. The problem with my crank was the crankshaft pulley keyway. They ended up fixing it and managed to polish the journals and get the old bearing material off. I had to take it to two different machine shops to get it down though but I have my crank back now it it looks brand new. Installing this weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                          heres where the descrepiences are tho. i ordered a new r34 crank off of braden same part number and same crank as the one sold by nismo parts. i know allen faily well and he came over and measured the crank and still the same .005 wiggle room as the r32 crank. basically at the end of the day i still need th collar which is no big deal and i saved on the polish by going with the new crank. but then josh said his r34 crank fit snug almost a press fit with his n1 pump so i dont know since i am running a tomei pump
                          My crank came directly from a Nissan Dealership in Japan though... Autoworx ordered it from there and I bought it off one of their customers who never used it. I'm 2 years into my freshly built engine, no signs of problems yet.

Comment

[QUOTE=archaeic_bloke;465974]My crank came directly from a Nissan Dealership in Japan though...
                            mine came directly from nissan in a oem nissan box with nissan part numbers on it lol. same ****. i wish i had a n1 pump to test it on
                            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

[QUOTE=gtrjon;465987]
                              Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                              My crank came directly from a Nissan Dealership in Japan though...
                              mine came directly from nissan in a oem nissan box with nissan part numbers on it lol. same ****. i wish i had a n1 pump to test it on
                              just like this... I used a new N1 pump too.

Comment

Working...
                              X