Aftermarket trans options for rb26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket trans options for rb26

I was looking around for a trans that could handle some more power than the stock 26 ones and came across this:

An Elite Tremec Transmission Distributor, making us the best source for all of your T-5, T-45, T-56, T-56 Magnum, TKO-500, TKO-600, 3650 and 6060 transmission needs.

Seems pretty good for not only pricing but for the quality of work. But at the same time I am looking for something similar to stock and don't want to pay 12k for a trans.... Any suggestions?
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Whoa. Those are some bad-ass transmissions! Sequential is pretty neat
    Originally posted by kengeroo
    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
    ...don't drink and ebay
    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

The liberty was talked about last year, it's good if you don't need to downshift. lol
      14 VW Jetta TDI
      05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
      95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
      95 240sx ( powered)
      89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

exactly! not a whole lot of options without spending 6+k plus! os 1-3 set is prob the cheapest...
        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Ya just looking at my options right now.

Comment

Cschepp Im working with a performance shop on a GTR trans build, will remain a 5 spedd but should handle 7-800hp. I think Iv told you about this but cant remeber. I cant publically tell you any details as we are still in the R & D stage. I will have the first one in my car by november hopefully and will be testing it in the spring. If it it holds up they will be for sale at around $4000 - that includes all labour,internal parts and evben the price of the tranny ! Im also working with my firned who owns North American Diesel performance (NADP) in Edmonton. They have a huge state of the art drive train division wherethey build upgraded diffs,trannys, and transfer cases for diesel trucks. They currently run their hand built trannys in more then a handful 2000+ WHP Dodge diesel trucks - 2 of these are street legal. The torque so far on these trucks has been unmeasurable as most dynos only read to 2000lbs/ft torque.

We are still tossing around a few ideas on what he can do to strengthen these gear boxes, I am going to supply him with a donor gear box to tear down and see what he can do
            "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

I will need something for around 1000 whp something like that anyways. Not sure yet but thinking atleast that. That's why I'm getting rid of both my skylines now, so I can focus on the kne

Comment

Liberty is a full drag racing transmission. That is like putting a Lenco in your car. I would run a PPG Dog box instead. It is rated to 800who or so, and is much cheaper.
                1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Still look for something that can hold 1000 and still be able to bang gears all day

Comment

Im surprised adapting other trannys isn't more popular, but Im no expert. A ZF box from the inline 6 bmws or even a corvette tremec t56 would be cool.
                    oh hai!

Comment

The main reason I can think of that stops people from swapping their trans is because of the AWD system. There aren't many options out that that have a transfer case and a prop shaft going into the oil pan.

Comment

t56 based transmissions are an option around $5k but they break too.
                        1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                        2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                        2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

From the way it looks I will just put in a r34 trans. That should hold it

Comment

R34 transmissions break too. And they are useless without R34 diffs unless you like maxing out 1st gear at 30kph and 2nd at 80. Which is fun in a 200hp car but less fun in a 500+ hp car.

the T56 based option I spoke of above is a good one, but unproven so far.
                            1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                            2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                            2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

You can drive a clutchless liberty on the street but its not fun and you can't have any traffic lol. Plus billet clutches are about 3400 plus. PPG would be a good option but your still looking at alot of paper for a gearset and by the time it comes in plus installing it. Whats the car being setup for?

Comment

Working...
                              X