Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying my FIRST Skyline, Is this one worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying my FIRST Skyline, Is this one worth it?

Alright, so im gonna get myself a skyline GT-R.
    This is what he says.

FIRST - HE SAID ITS NOT A GTR when i texted him. but he never said the model. Please advise if you can tell.

1994 Nissan Skyline
    2.0 L. Engine model RB 20.
    He's the first Canadian owner of the vehicle.
    Serviced every three months.
    Import documents, out of province inspection and service/maintenance receipts available.
    He says he is selling the car because he's moving to the UK early fall.
    Skyline is stock and without any mods.

So I asked him if there were any accidents the vehicle was involved in and he said no, never touched up or repainted. He said he would take a $1,000 down payment, and $500 a month for 8 months.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ308011165

If i'ts not a GT-R then no thanks.. I just need an experienced opinion.
    How about this GTR

http://www.driving.ca/calgary/buy-ca...line&year=1990
    Last edited by Fatluie; 08-24-2011, 09:35 PM.

It looks like a GT-S to me, not a GT-R.

Comment

That first one is an R33 GTST. Not a GTR, hence the pricing.

The second one is a GTR, and looks decent.
      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Sorry. I did not see there is another one.

Yes, the other one of your second link is a GTR. However, it is repainted and has GT-S seats. I doubt it only has 70000km. I would not consider buying it.

Comment

lol ! the first one is a GTS.. non turbo RB20de !
          all turbo r33 came with the RB25det

the other is in fact a GTR, that needs alot of love under the hood
          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
            lol ! the first one is a GTS.. non turbo RB20de !
            all turbo r33 came with the RB25det

the other is in fact a GTR, that needs alot of love under the hood
            I agree with Frank, it is R33 GTS non turbo.

Sadly my first Skyline was R32 GTS non turbo and it was not the same as the turbo'ed model
            Last edited by flipridah17; 08-25-2011, 01:56 AM.

Comment

The first one is a GTS and the second one may be a GTR (a very rough one) or a gtst with a rb26 motor and a GTR front on it. Ether car I would not buy.

Comment

You should not be buying gtrs if you can't tell the difference between a non turbo gts and a gtr

Comment

Originally posted by cooke24 View Post
                  You should not be buying gtrs if you can't tell the difference between a non turbo gts and a gtr
                  Sorry if this comes across as rude, but I did not ask if it had turbo or not.
                  Nor did i ask what the difference was haha, I had no idea about the GTS.
                  I stated that he said it was not a GTR, however on the add it says GTR.
                  And I also stated it looked funky ,I knew it was not a GTR, so i asked if anyone knew the model.

"If i'ts not a GT-R then no thanks.. I just need an experienced opinion.
                  How about this GTR" Hence asking for experienced opinion.

He obviously wasn't too sure what he was selling, I recieved a message from someone on the website in Edmonton in regards to a GTR. He is sending me info and pictures today.

Thanks for the help guys, I am going to post the new car in this thread today or tomorrow. Updates are greatly appreciated!

Besides, I was looking for opinions on the car, not what I do or do not know.

Comment

The GTR looks OK but you need to make sure that the kms are legit and that there are some service records. The fact that the GTR seats are missing might only mean that there were aftermarket seats in it when it came over and the previous owner(s) removed them for whatever reason. The other reason would be that the orig. seats were hooped which might mean that the kms are not legit (look for worn pedals, shifter handle, steering wheel, headlight swt). ALOT of cars with only 70k kms will have an engine bay that looks a little scungy, the paint missing off of the intake log is pretty normal, not because of overheating (which is what most think) but because of the crappy paint that they used. I don't see any signs of a re-paint as someone previously said but 2 min.s looking for indications will tell you for sure (not that that's a bad thing, mine was repainted in J-land but is straight as an arrow).

If the car is in good shape after you give it a good going over (compression, everything works, no wiring harness hackery) then $8k to $9k would be a decent deal on the car. $15k to $20k is about the max for a really clean GTR right now (irregardless of the amount of mods done to the car).

Jon.
                    Last edited by Dragon Humper; 08-26-2011, 04:38 AM.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

It has a black engine bay, but white exterior, hence repainted white.

Comment

Getting a photo of the vin plate will tell all.

but in all honesty, the engine bay looks haggard and it has GTS seats...chances are, this was someones project that they got fed up with.
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Hearing this makes me very weary. The thing is, im in no rush to just get it and drive it (although I would love to have my GTR before october so I can drive it this season). Someone said to me they have a GTR for sale, but the engine was blown. He replaced it and says the new one is worth well over 12 grand, he listed off a ton of after market performance parts he put in it, and he said its set to handle 500 HP (it is NOT 500 hp right now). No previous accidents (But it has a cracked carbon fibre hood, so what the?!), second owner in canada. But he has a family, and 2 skylines (needs money, so he's selling one). He wants 17,500...

HOWEVER, it raises a little suspicion regarding the blown engine. He said HE took good care of her and didnt beat on her. BUT, if the engine was blown, the first owner was either an idiot and could not drive, or something went really wrong. I can drop some details this weekend on the her, and maybe a few pictures. but I cant seem to let the blown engine issue go. What could be wrong with the vehicle? serious issues or possibly an easy / quick fix. Any suggestions / ideas would be more than appreciated

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                          With the handle like Fatlouie I'm thinking that these seats will fit you best.
                          I am also 5'7.
                          140 pounds haha.
                          Last edited by Fatluie; 08-26-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xcye View Post
                            It has a black engine bay, but white exterior, hence repainted white.
                            Ummm....no. My car is white, was orig. white and the engine compartment is completely black, including the firewall. It has been re-painted but the engine compartment has never been touched. This has been covered before, white cars have black firewalls.

And like I said, who cares if it has been re-painted, if it was done well you scored a car that doesn't have 20 year old paint all full of pollution and crud from Japan (it's impossible to get out without a full wet-sanding and 3 stage rub-out at which point you will most likely burn through to the primer as factory paint is only put on just thick enough to do the job).

To be honest, the GTR seats suck, they are too narrow (ment for skinny little asian dudes) and not enough lumbar support. I have sat in R33 GTS-t (that's what these look like) seats and they are much more comfy, and I'm a little guy, 5'7" and 165lbs. With the handle like Fatlouie I'm thinking that these seats will fit you best.

Jon.
                            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 08-26-2011, 06:48 PM.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                              To be honest, the GTR seats suck, they are too narrow (ment for skinny little asian dudes) and not enough lumbar support. I have sat in R33 GTS-t (that's what these look like) seats and they are much more comfy, and I'm a little guy, 5'7" and 165lbs. With the handle like Fatlouie I'm thinking that these seats will fit you best.
                              Jon, you dont like the stock GTR seats? Are you talking for a street car or racecar?

Personally I really like my GTR seats, I find them to hold me in really well even for spirited for street driving. I am 6' and I was 230lbs when I bought the car, I am now down to 207 and I find they fit me even better now. I guess it is just personal preference/what you are used to, I drove a maxima before this so maybe that is the reason.

(Sorry for pulling OT)
                              1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                              Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X