Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying my FIRST Skyline, Is this one worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatluie View Post
    Hearing this makes me very weary. The thing is, im in no rush to just get it and drive it (although I would love to have my GTR before october so I can drive it this season). Someone said to me they have a GTR for sale, but the engine was blown. He replaced it and says the new one is worth well over 12 grand, he listed off a ton of after market performance parts he put in it, and he said its set to handle 500 HP (it is NOT 500 hp right now). No previous accidents (But it has a cracked carbon fibre hood, so what the?!), second owner in canada. But he has a family, and 2 skylines (needs money, so he's selling one). He wants 17,500...

HOWEVER, it raises a little suspicion regarding the blown engine. He said HE took good care of her and didnt beat on her. BUT, if the engine was blown, the first owner was either an idiot and could not drive, or something went really wrong. I can drop some details this weekend on the her, and maybe a few pictures. but I cant seem to let the blown engine issue go. What could be wrong with the vehicle? serious issues or possibly an easy / quick fix. Any suggestions / ideas would be more than appreciated

I am also 5'7.
    140 pounds haha.
    I think that you need to keep in mind that people lie (they can get more money for their car that way), however, expert opinions and numbers dont. You should take any skyline you are looking to buy to a trusted mechanic for an inspection and a compression test. These will tell you most of what you need to know to make an informed decision. Also you should be there when the mechanic inspects it and performs the compression test AND you need to pay for it out of your pocket to ensure they act in your best interest.

Good luck.
    1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
    Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
      Jon, you dont like the stock GTR seats? Are you talking for a street car or racecar?

Personally I really like my GTR seats, I find them to hold me in really well even for spirited for street driving. I am 6' and I was 230lbs when I bought the car, I am now down to 207 and I find they fit me even better now. I guess it is just personal preference/what you are used to, I drove a maxima before this so maybe that is the reason.

(Sorry for pulling OT)
      Maybe I got wide hips or something.....lol. I find the seat bottom digs into my thighs and the lumbar support is non-existant. They are decent enough for spirited driving and short cruising but suck balls on a long trip.

Jon.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

does it have to be a gtr? why dont u just browse in the for sale section. i've seen that same add for the past year and a half. dont buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatluie View Post
          Hearing this makes me very weary. The thing is, im in no rush to just get it and drive it (although I would love to have my GTR before october so I can drive it this season). Someone said to me they have a GTR for sale, but the engine was blown. He replaced it and says the new one is worth well over 12 grand, he listed off a ton of after market performance parts he put in it, and he said its set to handle 500 HP (it is NOT 500 hp right now). No previous accidents (But it has a cracked carbon fibre hood, so what the?!), second owner in canada. But he has a family, and 2 skylines (needs money, so he's selling one). He wants 17,500...

HOWEVER, it raises a little suspicion regarding the blown engine. He said HE took good care of her and didnt beat on her. BUT, if the engine was blown, the first owner was either an idiot and could not drive, or something went really wrong. I can drop some details this weekend on the her, and maybe a few pictures. but I cant seem to let the blown engine issue go. What could be wrong with the vehicle? serious issues or possibly an easy / quick fix. Any suggestions / ideas would be more than appreciated

I am also 5'7.
          140 pounds haha.
          I know the owner of that vehicle very well. The engine is a Nur spec engine. you may have mis heard him, from what i know about that thing is that is has a little over 500awhp. He took me for a rip in it early summer, and It goes like stink. But imho i would look to spend closer to 10 grand for a gtr. and find one with parts on it cause parts on these things are expensive as ****. personally, i would rather fix a car with 25 grand in parts in it, then buy a stock one and put 25 grand of parts into it (dont have 25 gs to drop at once).

Comment

Oh and stop looking to buy one just cause you want to drive it for the rest of the season, youll end up buying something awful becuase you just really want a gtr. just wait till the perfect or near perfect gtr comes around, then buy it.

Comment

^^^word.

I bought my car in January, I didn't give a turkey that I couldn't drive it for 4 months, that among many others, was a factor in my STEALING that car from the importer. I paid $10,000 for a 10 sec. car......nuff said.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
              X